Date: 26/04/2016 08:02:12
ID: 880382
Subject: Vale Peter Jacobs

Vale Peter Jacobs

Hello

My name is Claudi Jacobs. I am writing to you as you have appeared in my husband Peter’s contact list on Flickr. He had asked me to contact you.

Unfortunately Peter died from pancreatic cancer in early February. It has taken us some time to ‘sort out his affairs’, but he was very keen that we let his fellow Flickr contacts know when he had passed. His health declined rapidly, and he was unable to write to you himself.

Peter rekindled his love for photography around 8 years ago, and had taken great joy in experimenting with this craft. Like many of you, he spent countless minutes, hours and days ‘hunting’ birds and reptiles for artistic purposes. He was a true perfectionist – and he was usually his harshest critic. However, he took great joy in connecting with this virtual community over the years to share his shots, to gain your feedback and to provide same. It became more than a hobby! While he hadn’t had the opportunity to meet most of you, in some ways you became his friends, and for that I, and Peter’s family, are very thankful.

I would like to keep Peter’s Flickr account open for now, as I feel it’s important to preserve his achievements and passion for as long as possible. We are devastated to have lost this supremely intelligent, brilliant man – who was my husband, father to our two children and “Poppo” to four young grandchildren.

If you would like to write to me – please feel free. I’d love to hear from you.

On behalf of Peter we wish you all the very best of health and happiness.

Kind regards,
Claudi

Reply Quote

Date: 26/04/2016 17:19:55
ID: 880571
Subject: re: Vale Peter Jacobs

I don’t recognise the name Peter Jacobs, but I do remember that someone on the other forums who took marvelous bird photos but can’t remember his forum name. Would that be him?

Reply Quote

Date: 26/04/2016 18:43:05
ID: 880617

bluegreen said:

I don’t recognise the name Peter Jacobs, but I do remember that someone on the other forums who took marvelous bird photos but can’t remember his forum name. Would that be him?

To tell the truth, I’d need a list of members to recall which name he used. I could be barking up the wrong tree altogether too. https://www.flickr.com/photos/bassia09/

Reply Quote

Date: 27/04/2016 09:24:08
ID: 880904

The person I am thinking of was in Scribblygum I think.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/04/2016 12:51:32
ID: 881002

bluegreen said:

The person I am thinking of was in Scribblygum I think.

Which sadly is gone.

Reply Quote

Date: 10/05/2016 12:58:38
ID: 887539

Binjy, Im_a_teapot, Karloskar or jj might know who this is.

Reply Quote