Date: 5/08/2018 22:18:12
ID: 1260192
Subject: What Flanagan said this time.

sarahs mum said:

sarahs mum said: The world is being undone before us. If we do not reimagine Australia, we will be undone too Richard Flanagan https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/aug/05/the-world-is-being-undone-before-us-if-we-do-not-reimagine-australia-we-will-be-undone-too?CMP=share_btn_fb Should have made it a thread. Flanagan is the bestest terrorist.

It’s a good piece, make a thread.

Reply Quote

Date: 5/08/2018 23:29:08
ID: 1260198
Subject: re: What Flanagan said this time.

read that, took a while, quite good, especially the word for no kin.

not sure about the thrust of it though.

I get the impression the original inhabitants have been smashed by white mans’ currency, money, and not just the original inhabitants.

money has no memory, and those that have little of it, and fail to convert it into assets, they fail the capitalist test.

anyway if what is proposes helped undo that, well, how can I say it – turning fully capitalist is as good as turning white, whites have the power to keep it that way, so it’d be nice to see some other currency, or more of it.

presently I don’t see many Australians thinking a broader scope of kindredness is going to turn their dollars, help with their mortgage, or help buy next years new car.

Reply Quote

Date: 6/08/2018 01:22:26
ID: 1260210

sarahs mum said:

sarahs mum said:

sarahs mum said: The world is being undone before us. If we do not reimagine Australia, we will be undone too Richard Flanagan https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/aug/05/the-world-is-being-undone-before-us-if-we-do-not-reimagine-australia-we-will-be-undone-too?CMP=share_btn_fb Should have made it a thread. Flanagan is the bestest terrorist.

Yes it is good and a truth which should only be told but understood by all. The following you might recall in some of my utterances.

>>Indigenous Australians know the truth of us as a people for they have lived the lie of the white explorer and the white pastoralist who brought not freedom but chains, not food but poison, not home but dispossession, not law and order, but massacre, murder, rape and the stealing of children.

But most Australians do not. Most Australians would be horrified to learn the full extent of the massacres, of the fireside killings, of the wars of extermination, of the rapes, of the destruction and desecration of sacred sites, of the children taken, of the countless lives allowed to continue life without living. It is a terrible story, a story of shame, but it is my story as much as it is your story, and it must be told, and it must be learnt, because freedom exists in the space of memory, and only by walking back into the shadows is it possible for us all to finally be free.<<

Reply Quote

Date: 6/08/2018 06:54:15
ID: 1260221

PermeateFree said:

sarahs mum said:

sarahs mum said:

Yes it is good and a truth which should only be told but understood by all. The following you might recall in some of my utterances.

>>Indigenous Australians know the truth of us as a people for they have lived the lie of the white explorer and the white pastoralist who brought not freedom but chains, not food but poison, not home but dispossession, not law and order, but massacre, murder, rape and the stealing of children.

But most Australians do not. Most Australians would be horrified to learn the full extent of the massacres, of the fireside killings, of the wars of extermination, of the rapes, of the destruction and desecration of sacred sites, of the children taken, of the countless lives allowed to continue life without living. It is a terrible story, a story of shame, but it is my story as much as it is your story, and it must be told, and it must be learnt, because freedom exists in the space of memory, and only by walking back into the shadows is it possible for us all to finally be free.<<

Reply Quote