Date: 8/08/2018 11:22:14
ID: 1260833
Subject: Hydrogen fuel breakthrough in Queensland

Hydrogen fuel breakthrough in Queensland could fire up massive new export market
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-08/hydrogen-fuel-breakthrough-csiro-game-changer-export-potential/10082514

Two cars powered by hydrogen derived from ammonia will be tested in Brisbane today thanks to a Queensland breakthrough that CSIRO researchers say could turn Australia into a renewable energy superpower.

more…

Reply Quote

Date: 8/08/2018 11:31:55
ID: 1260836
Subject: re: Hydrogen fuel breakthrough in Queensland

Can conventional engines use hydrogen fuel ?

Reply Quote

Date: 8/08/2018 11:34:44
ID: 1260839

Tau.Neutrino said:

Can conventional engines use hydrogen fuel ?

Yep.

Reply Quote

Date: 8/08/2018 14:24:13
ID: 1260893

Do they make gas tanks in the same shape as petrol tanks?

I have dual fuel, the gas tank is a cylinder shape in the boot.

Reply Quote

Date: 8/08/2018 15:19:39
ID: 1260920

Mollfumberbatch if you’re reading this thread – I recent came up with an idea on how to store gaseous hydrogen with (hopefully) no leakage. Let me know if you’re interested as to what I worked out.

Reply Quote

Date: 8/08/2018 21:10:47
ID: 1261044

Tau.Neutrino said:

Do they make gas tanks in the same shape as petrol tanks?

I have dual fuel, the gas tank is a cylinder shape in the boot.

Remove the petrol tank and replace it with one large cylinder or two smaller cylinder gas tanks.

Reply Quote

Date: 9/08/2018 10:18:24
ID: 1261136

Spiny Norman said:

Mollfumberbatch if you’re reading this thread – I recent came up with an idea on how to store gaseous hydrogen with (hopefully) no leakage. Let me know if you’re interested as to what I worked out.

Extremely.

Reply Quote

Date: 10/08/2018 14:30:18
ID: 1261505

mollwollfumble said:

Spiny Norman said:

Extremely interested

Does this help?

http://www.rebresearch.com/H2perm2.htm

Reply Quote

Date: 11/08/2018 17:17:04
ID: 1261894

mollwollfumble said:

mollwollfumble said:

Spiny Norman said:

Extremely interested

Does this help?

http://www.rebresearch.com/H2perm2.htm

A bit, thanks.
I sent you a message on your FB page. It’s got the basic details of the idea and a diagram.

Reply Quote

Date: 12/08/2018 00:25:14
ID: 1262065

waste of time

i saw something recently that said there was a new system for batteries that can massively decrease charging time – thus negating any advantage hydrogen might have over battery systems.

Reply Quote

Date: 13/08/2018 16:44:15
ID: 1262541

wookiemeister said:

waste of time

i saw something recently that said there was a new system for batteries that can massively decrease charging time – thus negating any advantage hydrogen might have over battery systems.

Do you have a link for that? If it was just a supercapacitor linked to the battery then that doesn’t solve the problem. If it was nanostructuring of the battery then it comes at the price of greatly reduced battery life.

Either way, the high weight and short range of battery driven vehicles remains a problem.

Not that I’m a huge fan of hydrogen vehicles, the best hydrogen storage mechanism I know is to chemically attach hydrogen atoms to a carbon backbone.

Reply Quote