Date: 23/09/2018 14:25:36
ID: 1279949
Subject: Anti-vaxxer becomes 'expert' witness

Unbelievable.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/anti-vaccination-activist-turns-expert-witness-in-family-court-immunisation-brawl-20180922-p505dk.html

You know, I believe in UFOs; maybe the Uni of Wollongong will give me a doctorate?

Reply Quote

Date: 23/09/2018 14:28:57
ID: 1279953
Subject: re: Anti-vaxxer becomes 'expert' witness

Obviousman said:

Unbelievable.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/anti-vaccination-activist-turns-expert-witness-in-family-court-immunisation-brawl-20180922-p505dk.html

You know, I believe in UFOs; maybe the Uni of Wollongong will give me a doctorate?

I hope the Family Court make some sort of decision that she is not an expert and discard her opinions.

Reply Quote

Date: 23/09/2018 14:33:49
ID: 1279954

party_pants said:

Obviousman said:

Unbelievable.

I hope the Family Court make some sort of decision that she is not an expert and discard her opinions.

If the article is accurate, then I imagine they will do that.

I’m guessing that anyone can claim expertise before a court, but they would have to provide some evidence of this. I wouldn’t think that a Wollongong Uni humanities degree would have a huge amount of weight in proving expertise in medical matters.

Reply Quote

Date: 23/09/2018 15:03:25
ID: 1279956

I’m pro vaccination but I have an enquiring mind.

I remember several years ago I was listening to a programme on the BBC.
It was a full on discussion with relative experts and stakeholders surrounding the MMR and autism.
It was about an hour long and they went through it in chapter and verse, the discredited paper that set it off in 1998 and much much more, one of the things that struck at the time was that the UK NHS stopped giving the MMR for a period of time and I thought to myself the obvious thing to do is to look at autism rates for that period but they never went there.
I was listening to it in the car and never checked but prompted by this thread I thought I’d see if there is infact data on that.
Now there would be a lot of caveats associated with the below graph, ages, methodology etc.
Interesting though.

Reply Quote

Date: 23/09/2018 15:10:29
ID: 1279957

Peak Warming Man said:

It was a full on discussion with relative experts and stakeholders surrounding the MMR and autism.
It was about an hour long and they went through it in chapter and verse, the discredited paper that set it off in 1998 and much much more, one of the things that struck at the time was that the UK NHS stopped giving the MMR for a period of time and I thought to myself the obvious thing to do is to look at autism rates for that period but they never went there.
I was listening to it in the car and never checked but prompted by this thread I thought I’d see if there is infact data on that.
Now there would be a lot of caveats associated with the below graph, ages, methodology etc.
Interesting though.

So when did they stop it?

Reply Quote

Date: 23/09/2018 15:12:22
ID: 1279960

buffy said:

Peak Warming Man said:

Interesting though.

1998 when the paper was published in the Lancet.

Reply Quote

Date: 23/09/2018 15:12:28
ID: 1279961

Even more astoundingnessness on that assocciated site..

medicalveritas.org

“Musicians shall remedy what ails humanity,” Dr. Horowitz predicted several years ago. The way 528 tuning is increasing, his prophecy appears to be manifesting.

“This knowledge provides ‘the opportunity of a lifetime,’ to engage a mass transfer of wealth from those who secreted this sacred knowledge to those “who shall inherit the earth” by applying the power of LOVE whenever and wherever possible,” the doctors adds.

Dr. Horowitz is a most popular, best credentialed, most prolific, and controversial doctor on the Internet. He has advanced “528 science” that he claims promotes health and healing as a function of “holy spiritual atonement”–“a-tone-meant,” or “at-one-meant,” or, alternatively, “attunement” for restoring your “body temple,” and reactivating and restructuring DNA musically, that is, energetically or vibrationally.

He points to recent studies on DNA restructuring by “clustered water” scientists conducting hydration experiments, or  prostate cancer breakthroughs using ultrasonic frequencies to improve cure rates, as additional evidence of the power of sound to impact genetics and heal what ails us.

Spirit is energy. Energy is measured in frequency (or cycles per second of vibrating electrons). Frequency is, therefore, fundamentally electro-musical-mathematics vibrating energetically, electronically, electromagnetically, electro-genetically, and bio-acoustically. This physics of creation and recreation, fundamental to biophysics and metaphysics, administers near-instantaneous cellular reactions, regeneration of tissues and body organs, along with genetic expressions.

“We now know that oxygen, for instance, carries these 528-resonating electrons,” Dr. Horowitz explains. “The basic structure of organic chemistry, the Carbon-6 hexagonal ring, reflects the sacred geometry of 528Hz frequency.”

Reply Quote

Date: 23/09/2018 15:12:51
ID: 1279962

buffy said:

Peak Warming Man said:

Interesting though.

And for how long?

Reply Quote

Date: 23/09/2018 15:15:27
ID: 1279965

She was awarded a PhD under the University of Wollongong’s humanities department.

Reply Quote

Date: 23/09/2018 15:20:23
ID: 1279967

I’m provax because I have an enquiring mind

Reply Quote

Date: 23/09/2018 15:31:44
ID: 1279971

Peak Warming Man said:

Interesting though.

url from whence that graph came please.

Reply Quote

Date: 23/09/2018 15:37:25
ID: 1279975

JudgeMental said:

Peak Warming Man said:

Interesting though.

It’s from an article in the BMJ, “Prevalence and incidence rates of autism in the UK: time trend from 2004 – 2010 in children aged 8 years”
https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/3/10/e003219

Reply Quote

Date: 23/09/2018 15:38:29
ID: 1279977

JudgeMental said:

Peak Warming Man said:

Interesting though.

Reply Quote

Date: 23/09/2018 15:38:50
ID: 1279978

btm said:

JudgeMental said:

Peak Warming Man said:

Interesting though.

It’s from an article in the BMJ, “Prevalence and incidence rates of autism in the UK: time trend from 2004 – 2010 in children aged 8 years”

ta just got it.

Reply Quote

Date: 23/09/2018 19:05:25
ID: 1280046

why does that graph show just boys? how did the diagnosis technique for asd change over this time? the definitions of asd did change over this time, perhaps some of the changes are due to definitional difference. so many questions

Reply Quote

Date: 23/09/2018 19:35:29
ID: 1280054

Arts said:

why does that graph show just boys? how did the diagnosis technique for asd change over this time? the definitions of asd did change over this time, perhaps some of the changes are due to definitional difference. so many questions

It’s almost like the graph is useless…

Reply Quote

Date: 23/09/2018 20:59:51
ID: 1280072

Sister in law is anti-vaxxer who broadcasts every anti-vaxxer article that comes her way to everybody. Don’t mention it!

Reply Quote

Date: 23/09/2018 21:05:54
ID: 1280074

mollwollfumble said:

Sister in law is anti-vaxxer who broadcasts every anti-vaxxer article that comes her way to everybody. Don’t mention it!

Have you tried asking her politely not to pass it on?
Have you tried asking bluntly?

Reply Quote

Date: 23/09/2018 21:08:57
ID: 1280075

party_pants said:

mollwollfumble said:

Have you tried an anti sister in law facebook page?

Reply Quote

Date: 24/09/2018 00:50:08
ID: 1280131

Wollongong University “must bear the major responsibility for manifestly inadequate supervision”.

Reply Quote

Date: 24/09/2018 03:39:48
ID: 1280144

sarahs mum said:

party_pants said:

mollwollfumble said:

Have you tried an anti sister in law facebook page?

In a word, yes.

Quite simply, anti-vaxxers are trolls. Never ever write a news article about them. Don’t feed them.

Reply Quote

Date: 24/09/2018 09:54:30
ID: 1280171

Morning punters and correctors, I slept in.
Drove down from the redoubt yesterdat evening (4 hours) went to bed at 8:30pm woke up at 9:30am.
I’m so pretty.

Reply Quote