Date: 9/11/2018 19:20:15
ID: 1301124
Subject: Secure WIFI Router modem

Secure WIFI Router modem

Which is the most secure of the wifi router modems out there?

Reply Quote

Date: 9/11/2018 19:34:47
ID: 1301132
Subject: re: Secure WIFI Router modem

Tau.Neutrino said:

Secure WIFI Router modem

Which is the most secure of the wifi router modems out there?

The one that no-one can connect to. It’s called a rock.

Reply Quote

Date: 9/11/2018 21:14:26
ID: 1301187

Adding an extra level of security.

Reply Quote

Date: 9/11/2018 21:17:10
ID: 1301188

I’m considering this one

Synology Router RT2600ac

Reply Quote

Date: 9/11/2018 21:23:32
ID: 1301190

Pretty much any of them will do – Just set-up your wireless broadcast with the identity being hidden, that’ll make it difficult for virtually everyone that doesn’t know the ID of your wireless signal to log onto it.

Reply Quote

Date: 9/11/2018 21:26:21
ID: 1301191

Spiny Norman said:

Pretty much any of them will do – Just set-up your wireless broadcast with the identity being hidden, that’ll make it difficult for virtually everyone that doesn’t know the ID of your wireless signal to log onto it.

and use dhu3yeox29100kk as your password

Reply Quote

Date: 9/11/2018 21:29:02
ID: 1301196

Arts said:

Spiny Norman said:

Last year I was actually using a 60 digit password.
Really.

But it sucked big-time having to type it into anything, so I’ve got a shorter one now.

Reply Quote

Date: 9/11/2018 21:44:01
ID: 1301210

Spiny Norman said:

Arts said:

Spiny Norman said:

Really.

But it sucked big-time having to type it into anything, so I’ve got a shorter one now.

Mine in Moorooka was 26 characters long and I tried to put that on the Telstra modem, but it seems changing the password from the original, crashes the modem. Bug-rit.

Reply Quote

Date: 9/11/2018 21:44:55
ID: 1301211

Michael V said:

Spiny Norman said:

Arts said:

Really.

Mine in Moorooka was 26 characters long and I tried to put that on the Telstra modem, but it seems changing the password from the original, crashes the modem. Bug-rit.

And they are not user-friendly when setting them up at the best of times.

Reply Quote

Date: 11/11/2018 13:19:28
ID: 1302005

It’s worse than you thunk…

With a WiFi signal and artificial intelligence it is possible to visualise the movement of people behind a wall..

When a person is behind a wall, then part of this WiFi signal is again reflected back through the wall and can subsequently be detected by a receiver. This technique is imminently suitable for the detection of moving people, because these generate ever changing reflection patterns, which are easily distinguishable from stationary objects. For this detection to work only a very slight signal is sufficient..

A further exceptional feature is that the software can distinguish between different people, because each person generates their own reflection profile. 

https://www.elektormagazine.com/news/using-wifi-to-sense-people-through-a-wall

Reply Quote

Date: 11/11/2018 13:28:31
ID: 1302007

Ian said:

With a WiFi signal and artificial intelligence it is possible to visualise the movement of people behind a wall..

When a person is behind a wall, then part of this WiFi signal is again reflected back through the wall and can subsequently be detected by a receiver. This technique is imminently suitable for the detection of moving people, because these generate ever changing reflection patterns, which are easily distinguishable from stationary objects. For this detection to work only a very slight signal is sufficient..

A further exceptional feature is that the software can distinguish between different people, because each person generates their own reflection profile. 

Woohoo, be able to see what Mexicans are doing.

Reply Quote

Date: 12/11/2018 04:20:27
ID: 1302279

Ian said:

That … is startling.

It might even work with driverless cars, as a way to distinguish moving from stationary vehicles that are hidden from direct view.

Reply Quote

Date: 12/11/2018 07:58:12
ID: 1302286

madly scribbles note

buy 20 x rolls of alfoil no that won’t fucken work

modify MWO door interlocking switched for emergency jamming

Reply Quote

Date: 12/11/2018 11:35:27
ID: 1302336

transition said: