Date: 21/02/2019 00:12:22
ID: 1349517
Subject: displacement

i’ve been toying with a theory of displacement for a while, perhaps years, it’s not something that yields to being nailed down. Part of contemplations about self-aware consciousness.

seems an imperative of consciousness, of self, of identity, that there’s not much choice about being something. You’re landed in it, you have to be something. Goes without saying.

so there’s drive, a force of desires, a force of mind, objectives.

anytime you do anything it displaces some other possibility, it’s sort of what doing is, sure as the earth is what it is because it displaces (along with its trajectory, it’s orbit, and rotation) other things. There can only be one earth, outside of imagination.

the entire structure of my mind, the global workings of, the mental activity and behaviors generated as much displace other possibilities as make whatever existing possible. Reminds me that in any job you’ve ever been paid you were paid in an important way what you were because being there displaced other possibilities. That’s in a sense being paid for what you’re not doing, other things you could be doing, instead.

you know you think this whatever, and that (other possibility) can be displaced, obliviated.

so obliviation is probably a useful synonym for displacement here, for my purposes.

doubtful there’s anything new in that said above, notions (feelings regard) of displacement are probably typically generated as part of self-aware consciousness. The territory of thoughts about thoughts, feelings and ideas about the mental toolbox, it’s workings, what it injects into representations of whatever. Along with the possibility it may take away something to generate or output what it does.

considerations of the obliviated may not get a lot done, that territory could be an alternate world or multi-world catatonia.

I get the impression though the other worlds are there, along with whatever it is inhabited, and I don’t mean parallel universes, more a modest psychological not-this. Being social seems an interest in other.

so what of the force of mind/s, is consciousness the endless gift, or does it need take something for the structure it lends to?

Reply Quote

Date: 21/02/2019 00:14:23
ID: 1349519
Subject: re: displacement

transition said:

i’ve been toying with a theory of displacement for a while, perhaps years, it’s not something that yields to being nailed down. Part of contemplations about self-aware consciousness.

seems an imperative of consciousness, of self, of identity, that there’s not much choice about being something. You’re landed in it, you have to be something. Goes without saying.

anytime you do anything it displaces some other possibility, it’s sort of what doing is, sure as the earth is what it is because it displaces (along with its trajectory, it’s orbit, and rotation) other things. There can only be one earth, outside of imagination.

the entire structure of my mind, the global workings of, the mental activity and behaviors generated as much displace other possibilities as make whatever existing possible. Reminds me that in any job you’ve ever been paid you were paid in an important way what you were because being there displaced other possibilities. That’s in a sense being paid for what you’re not doing, other things you could be doing, instead.

you know you think this whatever, and that (other possibility) can be displaced, obliviated.

so obliviation is probably a useful synonym for displacement here, for my purposes.

doubtful there’s anything new in that said above, notions (feelings regard) of displacement are probably typically generated as part of self-aware consciousness. The territory of thoughts about thoughts, feelings and ideas about the mental toolbox, it’s workings, what it injects into representations of whatever. Along with the possibility it may take away something to generate or output what it does.

considerations of the obliviated may not get a lot done, that territory could be an alternate world or multi-world catatonia.

I get the impression though the other worlds are there, along with whatever it is inhabited, and I don’t mean parallel universes, more a modest psychological not-this. Being social seems an interest in other.

so what of the force of mind/s, is consciousness the endless gift, or does it need take something for the structure it lends to?

You and I could sit and chat about he flips and flaps of wings what whereever.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/02/2019 08:36:16
ID: 1349576
Subject: re: displacement

transition said:

Sorry, I’m not understanding this at all.

Are you talking about “displacement” and “other worlds” in terms of the balance between wanting to be here and wanting to be elsewhere?

Reply Quote