Date: 23/04/2019 11:01:18
ID: 1378679
Subject: Extract of chocolate.

Could a chemical from chocolate be extracted for sale as a pain killer and anti-depressant?

Reply Quote

Date: 23/04/2019 11:16:54
ID: 1378684
Subject: re: Extract of chocolate.

mollwollfumble said:

Could a chemical from chocolate be extracted for sale as a pain killer and anti-depressant?

Chocolate contains a number of psychoactive compounds: phenylethylamine , caffeine, anandamide and theobromine.

Caffeine of course has been extracted and included in various pep pills, nothing revolutionary there.

Anandamide, humans already produce naturally in our bodies. It has sometimes been suggested for therapeutic purposes but I think the mail is that it is not as effective as other options.
https://www.chemistryworld.com/news/easing-anxiety-with-anandamide/3001375.article

The human body also converts caffeine into, among other things, theobromine.

I’m not aware that theobromine or phenlylethylamine have been used therapeutically.

Reply Quote

Date: 13/05/2019 04:47:25
ID: 1386122

dv said:

mollwollfumble said:

Chocolate contains a number of psychoactive compounds: phenylethylamine , caffeine, anandamide and theobromine.

Caffeine of course has been extracted and included in various pep pills, nothing revolutionary there.

Anandamide, humans already produce naturally in our bodies. It has sometimes been suggested for therapeutic purposes but I think the mail is that it is not as effective as other options.
https://www.chemistryworld.com/news/easing-anxiety-with-anandamide/3001375.article

I’m not aware that theobromine or phenlylethylamine have been used therapeutically.

Trying chocolate as a painkiller either today or tomorrow. I’ve already proved that paracetamol is a placebo, by going from 6 per day down to 0 per day and recording no change in pain levels.

Reply Quote

Date: 13/05/2019 06:22:11
ID: 1386125

mollwollfumble said:

dv said:

mollwollfumble said:

Trying chocolate as a painkiller either today or tomorrow. I’ve already proved that paracetamol is a placebo, by going from 6 per day down to 0 per day and recording no change in pain levels.

These pain levels. What are they, what type of pain,.. caused by?

Reply Quote

Date: 13/05/2019 06:35:23
ID: 1386129

roughbarked said:

mollwollfumble said:

dv said:

I’m keeping a pain diary. Started diary 25th April. I didn’t know the cause of the pain until last Friday, bulging lumbar disk pressing on sciatic nerve. Slowly getting worse, this morning for the first time the numbness in my toes has climbed up past my ankle to the lower outside calf.

Any advice on whether to operate or not to operate?

Chronic pain 1/10 is par for the course. Chronic pain 3/10 gets intolerable. Stabbing pain 6/10 is common, going up to 8/10, which more an annoyance (as i have to grab the walls) than intolerable.

Other sources of pain are arthritis, tendonitis, sore coccyx, and right knee.

Paracetamol was effective for 2 hours when i first started it, but now has no effect at all. Effect of ibuprofen and aspirin both also approaching zero.

Trying chocolate today as a painkiller. One piece per hour.

Reply Quote

Date: 13/05/2019 06:51:27
ID: 1386131

mollwollfumble said:

roughbarked said:

mollwollfumble said:

I’m keeping a pain diary. Started diary 25th April. I didn’t know the cause of the pain until last Friday, bulging lumbar disk pressing on sciatic nerve. Slowly getting worse, this morning for the first time the numbness in my toes has climbed up past my ankle to the lower outside calf.

Chronic pain 1/10 is par for the course. Chronic pain 3/10 gets intolerable. Stabbing pain 6/10 is common, going up to 8/10, which more an annoyance (as i have to grab the walls) than intolerable.

Paracetamol was effective for 2 hours when i first started it, but now has no effect at all. Effect of ibuprofen and aspirin both also approaching zero.

Have you talked to a Physotherapist? They are very good at their work. The first thing you will be told by a physio is to rest it and try to reduce the inflammation. Physiotherapists won’t want to inflame things more. mostly you will be shown specific exercises and treatment with heat or cold to alleviate and reduce inflammation.
I’d suggest that the Osteomol 665 paracetamol is the only paracetamol dose for people with back pain. The 500mg dose just doesn’t cut it. There are times when I need to take a 30mg codeine but I restrict the use of these to only when absolutely necessary. I actually have eight previously fractured and now arthritic vertebrae.
I don’t need chocolate and often refuse it when offered.
For much of my arthritic pain in wrists fingers and knees, I use a pain relief cream containing Cpsicum fruit oleoresin 12mg/g among other ingredients as the main ingredient. Use requires caution due to the more than 24 hours of relief that each application can give. Hands should be washed well after application as capsicum can be quuite warm, if you wipe it on sensitive places.

Reply Quote

Date: 13/05/2019 21:11:09
ID: 1386412

roughbarked said:

mollwollfumble said:

roughbarked said:

Have you talked to a Physotherapist? They are very good at their work. The first thing you will be told by a physio is to rest it and try to reduce the inflammation. Physiotherapists won’t want to inflame things more. mostly you will be shown specific exercises and treatment with heat or cold to alleviate and reduce inflammation. There are times when I need to take a 30mg codeine but I restrict the use of these to only when absolutely necessary. I actually have eight previously fractured and now arthritic vertebrae.
For much of my arthritic pain in wrists fingers and knees, I use a pain relief cream containing Cpsicum fruit oleoresin 12mg/g among other ingredients as the main ingredient. Use requires caution due to the more than 24 hours of relief that each application can give. Hands should be washed well after application as capsicum can be quuite warm, if you wipe it on sensitive places.

I have been told today that i can’t escape three months of bloody physiotyerapy. Or as i call it, three months of destructive torture.

The first thing the physio will tell me is not to sit, drive, or lift anything. Triply bad advice in my case. Lifting a stool around carrying it into the city on public transport, was a lifesaver today.

If you know how to find a good physio please please please let me know.

> I’d suggest that the Osteomol 665 paracetamol is the only paracetamol dose for people with back pain. The 500mg dose just doesn’t cut it.

All painkillers lose effectiveness with time. I stopped an 8 painkiller a day regimen for 3 days now and have had significantly less pain without them. Will try the Osteomol 665. Thanks for the tip.

Today’s test has shown that chocolate doesn’t work as an anti-depressant – there are withdrawal effects. But it may still be effective as a painkiller, pain today was less than yesterday, and much less than when i was on panadol. Chocolate is actually my least favourite food, which is why i feel safe testing it. I’ll try it again tomorrow. Then stop.

> For much of my arthritic pain in wrists fingers and knees, I use a pain relief cream containing Capsicum fruit oleoresin 12mg/g among other ingredients as the main ingredient.

Where can i get it? Please. I tried a product that was supposed to be a warming cream, but it wouldn’t warm anything, didn’t even contain capsicain. I’m getting to the point of making my own, and would much prefer a consistent product. Handwashing of course, yes.

> There are times when I need to take a 30mg codeine

Does that still exist? I heard a rumour last week that it does, but thought that was just legacy medicine bought 20 or more years ago.

> I actually have eight previously fractured and now arthritic vertebrae.

Yoewch.

Reply Quote

Date: 13/05/2019 21:22:36
ID: 1386423

Whoa, hold up a minute.

“Chocolate is my least favourite food.”

And I thought you were normal.

Reply Quote

Date: 14/05/2019 04:48:21
ID: 1386439

Divine Angel said:

Whoa, hold up a minute.

“Chocolate is my least favourite food.”

And I thought you were normal.

Whoa.

You thought i was normal?

I’m aware that i’m contradicting myself here. It’s my Freudian animus that hates chocolate, not my Freudian anima.

Reply Quote

Date: 14/05/2019 08:31:16
ID: 1386451

mollwollfumble said:

roughbarked said:

mollwollfumble said:

Have you talked to a Physotherapist? They are very good at their work. The first thing you will be told by a physio is to rest it and try to reduce the inflammation. Physiotherapists won’t want to inflame things more. mostly you will be shown specific exercises and treatment with heat or cold to alleviate and reduce inflammation. There are times when I need to take a 30mg codeine but I restrict the use of these to only when absolutely necessary. I actually have eight previously fractured and now arthritic vertebrae.

I have been told today that i can’t escape three months of bloody physiotyerapy. Or as i call it, three months of destructive torture.

The first thing the physio will tell me is not to sit, drive, or lift anything. Triply bad advice in my case. Lifting a stool around carrying it into the city on public transport, was a lifesaver today.

If you know how to find a good physio please please please let me know.

> I’d suggest that the Osteomol 665 paracetamol is the only paracetamol dose for people with back pain. The 500mg dose just doesn’t cut it.

All painkillers lose effectiveness with time. I stopped an 8 painkiller a day regimen for 3 days now and have had significantly less pain without them. Will try the Osteomol 665. Thanks for the tip.

Today’s test has shown that chocolate doesn’t work as an anti-depressant – there are withdrawal effects. But it may still be effective as a painkiller, pain today was less than yesterday, and much less than when i was on panadol. Chocolate is actually my least favourite food, which is why i feel safe testing it. I’ll try it again tomorrow. Then stop.

> For much of my arthritic pain in wrists fingers and knees, I use a pain relief cream containing Capsicum fruit oleoresin 12mg/g among other ingredients as the main ingredient.

Where can i get it? Please. I tried a product that was supposed to be a warming cream, but it wouldn’t warm anything, didn’t even contain capsicain. I’m getting to the point of making my own, and would much prefer a consistent product. Handwashing of course, yes.

> There are times when I need to take a 30mg codeine

Does that still exist? I heard a rumour last week that it does, but thought that was just legacy medicine bought 20 or more years ago.

> I actually have eight previously fractured and now arthritic vertebrae.

Yoewch.

The Capsicum cream is known as Percutane. If your pharmacy doesn’t have it, then ask and they should have it in stock within a day or so.
You can still get codeine but you do need a doctor’s prescription and they are not keen to hand these out willy nilly because the government has made this difficult for them. If however you are in genuine need and don’t have a history of swallowing bags full then you should be able to request some from your GP.

In truth, I’ve never found a bad physiotherapist. This might be because I live in the country and have only ever seen a couple.

Forget chocolate, it is only junk comfort food for those with psychological problems.

Reply Quote

Date: 14/05/2019 08:35:22
ID: 1386452

roughbarked said:

Forget chocolate, it is only junk comfort food for those with psychological problems.

sounds just like alcohol and dope.

Reply Quote

Date: 14/05/2019 08:37:48
ID: 1386453

>>Forget chocolate

No.

Reply Quote

Date: 14/05/2019 08:40:43
ID: 1386455

Peak Warming Man said:

>>Forget chocolate

No.

except the white psuedo stuff

Reply Quote

Date: 14/05/2019 08:42:35
ID: 1386456

ChrispenEvan said:

roughbarked said:

Neither of which are even classed as foods.

Reply Quote

Date: 14/05/2019 08:43:30
ID: 1386457

ChrispenEvan said:

Peak Warming Man said:

>>Forget chocolate

No.

except the white psuedo stuff

pseudo would be correct.

Reply Quote

Date: 14/05/2019 08:45:15
ID: 1386458

roughbarked said:

ChrispenEvan said:

roughbarked said:

Neither of which are even classed as foods.

lol. still taken by those with problems.

Reply Quote

Date: 14/05/2019 08:52:34
ID: 1386460

Peak Warming Man said:

>>Forget chocolate

No.

This.

The food pyramid is on a chocolate base, and there is chocolate drizzled over the top.

Reply Quote

Date: 14/05/2019 08:53:20
ID: 1386461

And I think you will find alcohol is actually a food. It’s a source of energy to the body.

Reply Quote

Date: 14/05/2019 09:03:52
ID: 1386464

buffy said:

And I think you will find alcohol is actually a food. It’s a source of energy to the body.

In very small increments.

Reply Quote

Date: 14/05/2019 09:04:43
ID: 1386465

Peak Warming Man said:

>>Forget chocolate

No.

I meant, to be used as a pain killer.

Reply Quote

Date: 14/05/2019 09:17:29
ID: 1386469

Reply Quote

Date: 14/05/2019 09:18:16
ID: 1386470

ChrispenEvan said:

Nice take.

:)

Reply Quote

Date: 14/05/2019 09:54:31
ID: 1386472

Peak Warming Man said:

>>Forget chocolate

No.

+1

Reply Quote

Date: 14/05/2019 11:12:50
ID: 1386487

roughbarked said:

Peak Warming Man said:

>>Forget chocolate

No.

Ditto. Not as an antidepressant because the initial effect doesn’t last for me, it leads to depressions and craving for more after 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour.

> The Capsicum cream is known as Percutane. If your pharmacy doesn’t have it, then ask and they should have it in stock within a day or so.
You can still get codeine but you do need a doctor’s prescription and they are not keen to hand these out willy nilly because the government has made this difficult for them. If however you are in genuine need and don’t have a history of swallowing bags full then you should be able to request some from your GP.

Ta. I’ve noted that in my diary.

> Physio.

I know someone with a PhD in physiotherapy, and have asked her by email for a complete rundown on physiotherapy, its history, scientific proof that it works, when it doesn’t work, as technical as possible.

I personally think that it has a great capacity for harm, and am looking to see if she can change my mind.

Time for my next chocolate. In no pain at the moment (lying in bed).

Reply Quote

Date: 14/05/2019 11:19:05
ID: 1386491

Chocolate if you like it could be a proxy-painkiller as it brings you pleasure and distracts you from pain

Reply Quote

Date: 14/05/2019 13:59:38
ID: 1386530

mollwollfumble said:

roughbarked said:

Peak Warming Man said:

>>Forget chocolate

No.

Ditto. Not as an antidepressant because the initial effect doesn’t last for me, it leads to depressions and craving for more after 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour.

> The Capsicum cream is known as Percutane. If your pharmacy doesn’t have it, then ask and they should have it in stock within a day or so.

Ta. I’ve noted that in my diary.

> Physio.

I know someone with a PhD in physiotherapy, and have asked her by email for a complete rundown on physiotherapy, its history, scientific proof that it works, when it doesn’t work, as technical as possible.

I personally think that it has a great capacity for harm, and am looking to see if she can change my mind.

Time for my next chocolate. In no pain at the moment (lying in bed).

It is Chripractors that can permanently harm you.

Reply Quote

Date: 14/05/2019 14:00:14
ID: 1386531

Cymek said:

Chocolate if you like it could be a proxy-painkiller as it brings you pleasure and distracts you from pain

If you mix it with a block of hashish, yeah.

Reply Quote

Date: 14/05/2019 15:13:10
ID: 1386558

roughbarked said:

Cymek said:

Talking hashish, anybody heard of cbd oil? It’s supposed to be a painkiller.

Reply Quote

Date: 14/05/2019 16:48:29
ID: 1386585

mollwollfumble said:

roughbarked said:

Cymek said:

Talking hashish, anybody heard of cbd oil? It’s supposed to be a painkiller.

CBD is simply an isolated cannabinoid.

Reply Quote