Date: 18/08/2019 23:05:36
ID: 1424665
Subject: the digital age

so you’ve got a portable device, with a touch screen, you stroke and tap the screen with your finger/thumbs, while hanging onto the device

you like the screen to be not-grippy, and the buttons on the side to feel good and be responsive

you can enlarge pictures by sliding your fingers apart

you can hang onto your device with one hand, and you do

you like to stay connected

apparently the tips of fingers are very sensitive

so the digital age is here, and nothing like it featured in the ancestral environments

what happens when you put the world between your finger tips and eyes, really

Reply Quote

Date: 19/08/2019 01:30:05
ID: 1424680
Subject: re: the digital age

You Connect.

Reply Quote

Date: 19/08/2019 04:38:53
ID: 1424698

transition said:

so you’ve got a portable device, with a touch screen, you stroke and tap the screen with your finger/thumbs, while hanging onto the device

you like the screen to be not-grippy, and the buttons on the side to feel good and be responsive

so the digital age is here, and nothing like it featured in the ancestral environments

“I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space”, Hamlet.

The portable device is the new nutshell.

Reply Quote

Date: 19/08/2019 04:57:22
ID: 1424699

transition said:

“I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space”, Hamlet.

From a neurological point of view – triggers the addiction centres by overloading the senses. I’m sure the frame rate plays a large role in that (I want to test that out in a brain scanner some time). Combining the high speed flickering frame rate, sharp gradients (text and in-focus pictures), aural, proprioceptive and tactile senses makes it even more addictive, as well as the prospect of “little death” in computer games.

Reply Quote

Date: 19/08/2019 07:51:13
ID: 1424704

I have no need for portable devices and I don’t like touchscreens.

Reply Quote

Date: 19/08/2019 08:01:33
ID: 1424706

Bubblecar said:

I have no need for portable devices and I don’t like touchscreens.

Look at the size of a cursor relative to a large computer monitor, and that’s the difference I appreciate. A tiny pointer on a large screen can do much more precise work than a big fat human finger on a tiny screen.

And the tiny cursor can be replaced by all sorts of useful tools in this or that program.

Reply Quote

Date: 19/08/2019 09:11:02
ID: 1424711

mollwollfumble said:

transition said:

:)

or should that be :( ?

Reply Quote

Date: 19/08/2019 10:05:12
ID: 1424726

I’ll give you a golf clap for the wordplay on “digital”

Reply Quote

Date: 19/08/2019 10:23:37
ID: 1424735

I was thinking mouse clicking, hanging on to your mouse, there’s a similar thing

watching something on TV lastnight, very briefly, perhaps was called silicon valley, much as I could stand TV lastnight, barely

anyway theories features about the digital transformation, the big players, how some unexpected (political) things happened

i’m a moron so I tend to simplify things to an idea dumb enough for me to understand. It does yield on occasions because it turns out most of the universe doesn’t think at all

Reply Quote

Date: 19/08/2019 14:56:23
ID: 1424818

transition said:

You run up the arse of the car in front of you.

Reply Quote

Date: 24/08/2019 05:47:46
ID: 1426842

I was contemplating the illusion (delusional potential) of intimacy, in which it is an automated (and unconscious) aspect of behavior

phones and such gadgets get your intimate work with fingers and hands

it could be the ruination of the world, to put the world between your fingers and eyes, with such an unconscious aspect

Reply Quote

Date: 24/08/2019 08:57:34
ID: 1426854

transition said:

I was contemplating the illusion (delusional potential) of intimacy, in which it is an automated (and unconscious) aspect of behavior

phones and such gadgets get your intimate work with fingers and hands

it could be the ruination of the world, to put the world between your fingers and eyes, with such an unconscious aspect

Yes.

Reply Quote