Date: 19/08/2019 17:33:15
ID: 1424870
Subject: Bush Heritage Australia

Besides the great works by the AWC, Bush Heritage Australia is another highly worthy organisation (that I also support). Some of their achievements are listed below.

80.9 million: hectares of protected land we’re contributing to.
43.1 million tonnes: of carbon stock we’re protecting on our 37 reserves.
6359 native species: protected on our reserves and partners’ land.
243 threatened species: protected on our reserves and partners’ lands.
69 science projects collaborating with universities and research organisations to solve complex environmental problems.
25 Aboriginal partnerships: 11 partnerships on their land and 14 partnerships on our reserves to deliver positive conservation and socio-economic outcomes.

https://www.bushheritage.org.au/who-we-are/about/annual-reports?

Reply Quote

Date: 19/08/2019 20:38:17
ID: 1424960
Subject: re: Bush Heritage Australia

PermeateFree said:

Besides the great works by the AWC, Bush Heritage Australia is another highly worthy organisation (that I also support). Some of their achievements are listed below.

80.9 million: hectares of protected land we’re contributing to.
43.1 million tonnes: of carbon stock we’re protecting on our 37 reserves.
6359 native species: protected on our reserves and partners’ land.
243 threatened species: protected on our reserves and partners’ lands.
69 science projects collaborating with universities and research organisations to solve complex environmental problems.
25 Aboriginal partnerships: 11 partnerships on their land and 14 partnerships on our reserves to deliver positive conservation and socio-economic outcomes.

https://www.bushheritage.org.au/who-we-are/about/annual-reports?

Good-o.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/08/2019 15:02:44
ID: 1425649
Subject: re: Bush Heritage Australia

The work of both these organisations is fantastic.

If/when I retire, I intend to volunteer with AWC for a number of months per year. I’ve already visited their Bowra Sanctuary, where I lost my Virgo chain pendant. This chain pendant was given to me by my grandmother when I was 8yo and I have worn it ever since. It fell between the slats of the floor of the old woolshed when I was having a shower. Thankfully, Mr Speedy was able to retrieve it using a stick to scoop it out from underneath the building afterwards, but I really wouldn’t have minded if this part of me was lost there.

We also found someone’s jacket there, which had been hung up in a tree along the riverbank. Being a camouflage jacket, it was difficult to see, and it looked as though it had been there for some weeks. Inside one of its pockets was a GoPro camera. We took the jacket to the caretakers’ office, who stated they would try to locate the owners. The following day, we were advised that one of the teachers currently visiting with a bunch of students had claimed it. Hmmmm.

Reply Quote