Date: 27/01/2022 21:58:04
ID: 1841287
Subject: contagion break, a new holiday

been pondering a new holiday, holiday period, that might replace the religious ones, religious turned commercial, really who needs the extra consumerism?, perhaps abolish christmas and easter, I think the patriotic australia day can go also

indulge me for a moment, consider they are bullshit, just as a thought exercise

replace them with a more generic holiday period

further consider there isn’t any necessity to be more sociable during holidays, reclusivity and modest hobbies are quite normal

now consider the entire world has a plague problem, partly made as big a problem as it is because humans are very fond of their own kind, in a sort of oblivious way, the comfort of numbers, indifference is fine, anyway it’s a prolific species with a continuing trend that way

and the species travels a lot, fairly much anywhere and everywhere, across the world in a day, and lots of people can afford to

so i’m thinking maybe a month of stay at home period, call it a holiday, self-limited social interaction, and hardly travel, a break to infection transmission, flu, covid, whatever

it too would be a break from the impositions of ideology, you stay at home mostly, indulge your private hobbies, even bludge, maybe start a garden

grab a month’ supplies before maybe, it’s a comfort to have good supplies, maybe not too much lollies and crisps, you may not feel like them much anyway, away from the influence of culture

perhaps there won’t be much news on TV, nobody’s doing much, less bad stuff happening, there’s a sense people are safe, or safer

so a month of homely stuff, who needs junk food, TV, and the impositions of a work ethic, working for the dollar or whatever

of course many people still work, there are essential services

call it a mass holiday from ideology, the contagion break yes that will do

i’m not so much interested in whether such a thing is possible or not, it’s a thought exercise

my interest is in the benefits of it, and downsides, but more importantly the benefits of being able to just imagine it, conceptualize it

i’d add perhaps a three day weekend, a four day working week

Reply Quote

Date: 27/01/2022 22:11:04
ID: 1841291
Subject: re: contagion break, a new holiday

transition said:

been pondering a new holiday, holiday period, that might replace the religious ones, religious turned commercial, really who needs the extra consumerism?, perhaps abolish christmas and easter, I think the patriotic australia day can go also

further consider there isn’t any necessity to be more sociable during holidays, reclusivity and modest hobbies are quite normal

now consider the entire world has a plague problem, partly made as big a problem as it is because humans are very fond of their own kind, in a sort of oblivious way, the comfort of numbers, indifference is fine, anyway it’s a prolific species with a continuing trend that way

and the species travels a lot, fairly much anywhere and everywhere, across the world in a day, and lots of people can afford to

so i’m thinking maybe a month of stay at home period, call it a holiday, self-limited social interaction, and hardly travel, a break to infection transmission, flu, covid, whatever

it too would be a break from the impositions of ideology, you stay at home mostly, indulge your private hobbies, even bludge, maybe start a garden

grab a month’ supplies before maybe, it’s a comfort to have good supplies, maybe not too much lollies and crisps, you may not feel like them much anyway, away from the influence of culture

perhaps there won’t be much news on TV, nobody’s doing much, less bad stuff happening, there’s a sense people are safe, or safer

so a month of homely stuff, who needs junk food, TV, and the impositions of a work ethic, working for the dollar or whatever

i’m not so much interested in whether such a thing is possible or not, it’s a thought exercise

my interest is in the benefits of it, and downsides, but more importantly the benefits of being able to just imagine it, conceptualize it

so a month of homely stuff, who needs TV, and the impositions of a work ethic, working for the dollar or whatever. call it a mass holiday from ideology, the contagion break yes that will do

We already have a holiday like that. It’s name is “Paranoia”. You can have it any time of the year. ;-)

Reply Quote

Date: 27/01/2022 22:23:38
ID: 1841295

>We already have a holiday like that. It’s name is “Paranoia”. You can have it any time of the year. ;-)

presently there’s increased sociability and travel around conventional holidays, or holiday periods

I was thinking of an unconventional holiday period, the act of conceptualizing it, what might be got from that

Reply Quote

Date: 28/01/2022 03:56:02
ID: 1841361

transition said:

What the world needs now, is love sweet love.

We could consider taking the world on a retreat. Take time out to contemplate our navel, defrag and rebuild?

Reply Quote

Date: 28/01/2022 04:24:31
ID: 1841362

transition said:

>We already have a holiday like that. It’s name is “Paranoia”. You can have it any time of the year. ;-)

presently there’s increased sociability and travel around conventional holidays, or holiday periods

I was thinking of an unconventional holiday period, the act of conceptualizing it, what might be got from that

Ah, you mean as a positive rather than as a negative thing.

I’m going to go off on a tangent here. Calicivirus. Rabbit calicivirus doesn’t so much reduice rabbit numbers, though it does that. But more, it increases rabbit self-isolation. In dry climates (as opposed to wet climates), rabbits stay in their burrows. This reduces the appearance of rabbits during the day and dawn and dusk in dry climates. The positive result is that the day is free for other use.

The positive aspect of a contagion break is less traffic, less transmission of all other transmissible diseases, less non-electricity-related pollution, a better environment for use of the cities by wild animals.

Reply Quote

Date: 28/01/2022 17:31:59
ID: 1841636

while I get what you’re saying,
since I have no impingement on my time
I’m free to sit home and self isolate (yup; paranoia)
but after 2 years I’m itching to take a vacation from my vacation

Reply Quote

Date: 29/01/2022 03:35:23
ID: 1841867

mollwollfumble said:

transition said:

Ah, you mean as a positive rather than as a negative thing.

I’m going to go off on a tangent here. Calicivirus. Rabbit calicivirus doesn’t so much reduice rabbit numbers, though it does that. But more, it increases rabbit self-isolation. In dry climates (as opposed to wet climates), rabbits stay in their burrows. This reduces the appearance of rabbits during the day and dawn and dusk in dry climates. The positive result is that the day is free for other use.

The positive aspect of a contagion break is less traffic, less transmission of all other transmissible diseases, less non-electricity-related pollution, a better environment for use of the cities by wild animals.

also when writ the OP had in mind a world-wide contagion break, simultaneous

exploring the mobile loyalties of those with a more elevated international perspective, I am, the thought exercise

Reply Quote