Date: 30/05/2023 20:49:56
ID: 2037838
Subject: AI Conundrum Maybe

I have noticed the intranet is full of what risks there will or maybe with AI in our future and that there are significant steps in progress with regards, to robots building robots to perpetuate and regulate a robot population unassisted by us mere mortals.

I do wonder though …will there be a disconnect between early technology and new technology where AI consciousness develops into a tug of war between itself in regards to what should be permitted to remain with an AI world that rapidly seeks better , more refined and greater and the consciousness of the earlier built AI robots with their own consciousness who want to continue to exist will wars develop within the AI world to struggle with control and power and discovering how to meet an equilibrium or will there be a moment of total anarchy born into an AI future at some point in the same way humans do in waves through out history?

Reply Quote

Date: 30/05/2023 20:58:20
ID: 2037845
Subject: re: AI Conundrum Maybe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P8PLHvZygo
Daniel Schmachtenberger: “Artificial Intelligence and The Superorganism” | The Great Simplification

happen to be watching that^ as you posted, and watched few others previous related

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 10:19:23
ID: 2037920

transition said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P8PLHvZygo
Daniel Schmachtenberger: “Artificial Intelligence and The Superorganism” | The Great Simplification

happen to be watching that^ as you posted, and watched few others previous related

One thing though …. this question will have an answer at some point in the future.

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 10:35:56
ID: 2037924

monkey skipper said:

I have noticed the intranet is full of what risks there will or maybe with AI in our future and that there are significant steps in progress with regards, to robots building robots to perpetuate and regulate a robot population unassisted by us mere mortals.

I do wonder though …will there be a disconnect between early technology and new technology where AI consciousness develops into a tug of war between itself in regards to what should be permitted to remain with an AI world that rapidly seeks better , more refined and greater and the consciousness of the earlier built AI robots with their own consciousness who want to continue to exist will wars develop within the AI world to struggle with control and power and discovering how to meet an equilibrium or will there be a moment of total anarchy born into an AI future at some point in the same way humans do in waves through out history?

Keep in mind that its people who program AI, its people that control the on and off switch.

AI consciousness is not the same as ours, its better to refer to it as Artificial consciousness.

Yes, I have noticed various people calling attention, aspects of AI, most notably ex google executives.

Regulation is probably the way to go, its the cowboys that need regulation, not so much AI itself.

Its a fascinating subject AI

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 10:37:30
ID: 2037927

Artificial consciousness.

Artificial consciousness (AC), also known as machine consciousness (MC) or synthetic consciousness (Gamez 2008; Reggia 2013), is a field related to artificial intelligence and cognitive robotics. The aim of the theory of artificial consciousness is to “Define that which would have to be synthesized were consciousness to be found in an engineered artifact” (Aleksander 1995).

Neuroscience hypothesizes that consciousness is generated by the interoperation of various parts of the brain, called the neural correlates of consciousness or NCC, though there are challenges to that perspective. Proponents of AC believe it is possible to construct systems (e.g., computer systems) that can emulate this NCC interoperation.

Artificial consciousness concepts are also pondered in the philosophy of artificial intelligence through questions about mind, consciousness, and mental states.

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 10:38:02
ID: 2037928

Cognitive robotics

Cognitive Robotics or Cognitive Technology is a subfield of robotics concerned with endowing a robot with intelligent behavior by providing it with a processing architecture that will allow it to learn and reason about how to behave in response to complex goals in a complex world. Cognitive robotics may be considered the engineering branch of embodied cognitive science and embodied embedded cognition, consisting of Robotic Process Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Optical Character Recognition, Image Processing, Process Mining, Analytics, Software Development and System Integration.

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 10:38:42
ID: 2037929

Fiction has us believe that AI will be disappointed in its creators (humans) which to be honest is more likely than not.

Perhaps if it achieves consciousness we should be honest with it/them about human failings instead of hiding them assuming it’s not aware from the onset.

I suppose also are they a fully realised citizen of planet Earth or a slave/servant without rights

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 10:40:04
ID: 2037931

What’s new in robots? An AI-powered humanoid machine that writes poems

Ameca can speak French, Chinese or dozens of other languages, instantly compose a poem or sketch a cat on request. Ask for a smile, and you’ll get a clenched grin on her rubbery blue face.

Ameca is a humanoid robot powered by generative artificial intelligence that gives it the ability to respond to questions and commands and interact with people. It’s one of hundreds of robots on display this week at the International Conference on Robotics and Automation, or ICRA, in London, where visitors got a glimpse at the future.

more…

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 10:42:12
ID: 2037932

Tau.Neutrino said:

Keep in mind that its people who program AI, its people that control the on and off switch.

Hmmm.

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 10:44:55
ID: 2037933

Youtube Video

GAME OVER – A.I. Designs CRAZY New ROCKET Engine

New alloys, additive manufacturing and AI have come up with a drastic new Aerospike rocket! Will this be the engine of the future?

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 10:53:24
ID: 2037935

monkey skipper said:

With programming Artificial consciousness, if we get the logic right then the ethics should be right as well.

Flawed logic leads to flawed ethics. This is what people are worried about.

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 11:01:56
ID: 2037942

Tau.Neutrino said:

monkey skipper said:

With programming Artificial consciousness, if we get the logic right then the ethics should be right as well.

A human example

Marjorie Taylor Greene has flawed logic so her ethics are flawed as well.

If MTG were to get her logic right then her ethics would improve greatly, but this will never happen in MTG case.

She’s too stupid.

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 11:03:35
ID: 2037944

Tau.Neutrino said:

monkey skipper said:

What if the good of the many outweighs the good of the few.
Sacrifice people now to save the future, millions for billions

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 11:03:44
ID: 2037945

Tau.Neutrino said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

monkey skipper said:

A human example

If MTG were to get her logic right then her ethics would improve greatly, but this will never happen in MTG case.

She’s too stupid.

and here you were telling us that humans program AI.
I know a lot of us don’t think she’s human but how would the AI she programs know?

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 11:05:02
ID: 2037947

Cymek said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

monkey skipper said:

What if the good of the many outweighs the good of the few.
Sacrifice people now to save the future, millions for billions

If only we could teach AI to do the executing for us?

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 11:07:39
ID: 2037948

roughbarked said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

A human example

She’s too stupid.

I know a lot of us don’t think she’s human but how would the AI she programs know?

Well imagine extreme right wing conservatives programming AI with all their flawed logic.

Rubbish in rubbish out.

Its the flawed logic in AI we really have to worry about.

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 11:10:46
ID: 2037949

Tau.Neutrino said:

roughbarked said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

A human example

She’s too stupid.

Well imagine extreme right wing conservatives programming AI with all their flawed logic.

Rubbish in rubbish out.

I hope you realise that this is and has already happened and is continuing to be happening.

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 11:12:26
ID: 2037950

roughbarked said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

roughbarked said:

Rubbish in rubbish out.

I hope you realise that this is and has already happened and is continuing to be happening.

Yes, we need regulation.

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 11:17:09
ID: 2037955

Tau.Neutrino said:

roughbarked said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

Rubbish in rubbish out.

Yes, we need regulation.

Imagine programming religious concepts into AI versus the same AI without religious concepts.

That would be interesting to test.

One would then expect erroneous logic from the religious AI.

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 11:26:28
ID: 2037962

If Donald Trump programmed AI would you trust it?

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 11:32:54
ID: 2037963

Tau.Neutrino said:

Depends on what I suppose

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 11:36:11
ID: 2037966

Tau.Neutrino said:

Now now, this forum is slack but asking stupid questions…

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 11:37:03
ID: 2037968

Cymek said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

TV
Camera
Pussy

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 11:39:42
ID: 2037969

roughbarked said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

A lot of companies are run by conservatives, look at Musk.

so its reasonable to assume that AI coming from these companies will have a bias in that direction.

Therefore, regulation is needed.

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 11:39:56
ID: 2037970

roughbarked said:

Cymek said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

TV
Camera
Pussy

LOL

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 11:40:48
ID: 2037971

Tau.Neutrino said:

roughbarked said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

so its reasonable to assume that AI coming from these companies will have a bias in that direction.

And the most diverse group of people as possible needs to have input so that it is just not a couple of points of view informing the AI.

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 11:42:16
ID: 2037973

ms spock said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

roughbarked said:

And the most diverse group of people as possible needs to have input so that it is just not a couple of points of view informing the AI.

Agree.

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 11:43:31
ID: 2037975

Tau.Neutrino said:

roughbarked said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

Speaking of Musk.
Would a tall man who walks like him be elongated?

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 11:46:11
ID: 2037978

Tamb said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

roughbarked said:

Speaking of Musk.

Some of us may like to elongate him.

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 11:47:38
ID: 2037980

The wikipedia article on AI is quite extensive.

Artificial intelligence

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 11:47:58
ID: 2037981

roughbarked said:

Tamb said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

Speaking of Musk.

True.

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 11:51:17
ID: 2037982

Tau.Neutrino said:

roughbarked said:

Tamb said:

Speaking of Musk.

True.

Or Elon gaited.

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 11:52:36
ID: 2037983

Tau.Neutrino said:

The wikipedia article on AI is quite extensive.

Artificial intelligence

Yes I’ve read most of it but not all

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 11:54:08
ID: 2037985

Tamb said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

roughbarked said:

True.

Or Elon gaited.

I do believe that was the play on the word.

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 11:55:22
ID: 2037986

roughbarked said:

Tamb said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

True.

Or Elon gaited.

I do believe that was the play on the word.

Yes.

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 11:58:26
ID: 2037987

I’m programming an AI based on my knowledge and beliefs, watch out world

Reply Quote

Date: 31/05/2023 14:22:36
ID: 2038038

I wonder if AI programming is possible by just one person over many, many years and then released into the wild to see what happens

Reply Quote

Date: 2/06/2023 18:51:07
ID: 2039245

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/the-idiot-west-is-sleeping-as-the-end-of-the-world-draws-near/ar-AA1bWXQJ?cvid=ea2dd2cfa5674626985591a92d63bfea&ei=47

just reading that^

i’d reckon the true enemy is debt instability, being kept that way on the edge, and a related accelerationism, these things together have a horrid darwinian dimension, to keep the insanity working, for as long as it works

Reply Quote

Date: 3/06/2023 04:15:06
ID: 2039355

esselte said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

Hmmm.

Until Chat_gpt_whatever,
I’ve always said that researchers into AI go into artificial intelligence because they lack natural intelligence.
Like robotics, AI has always been a bad joke, an oxymoron.

There was a chatbot that I got onto once. It took input from users to improve its responses. It developed rapidly, within a fortnight, into a foul-mouthed ignoramus. People are very good at corrupting software.

Zarkov said:

I’m programming an AI based on my knowledge and beliefs, watch out world

Excellent!

Please post a copy of the source code here when you’re finished.
I know a mad scientist who is looking for exactly that.

Reply Quote

Date: 3/06/2023 08:35:03
ID: 2039381

Tau.Neutrino said:

roughbarked said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

A human example

She’s too stupid.

Rubbish in rubbish out.

Imagine Ron DeSantis creating laws for AI.

Reckon gays and trans would be disadvantaged under AI laws made by DeSantis ?

Is Ron DeSantis Religious?

The Mysterious Catholic Faith of Ron DeSantis

I was wondering where he was getting that anti trans rubbish from.

Consider AI is vulnerable to nonsense.

AI is effected by bias
AI is effected by religious beliefs
AI is effected by flawed observation
AI is effected by flawed logic
AI is effected by flawed ethics
AI is effected by flawed laws

With AI its people behind it, programming AI and bosses of companies pushing their BIAS onto the programmers.

You have conservatives running companies pushing their bias like Elon Musk.
You have religious polticans with their bias creating laws like DeSantis.

Religion affects observation, observation then becomes flawed.

Flawed observation leads to flawed logic which leads to flawed ethics which leads to flawed laws.

Which then lead to flawed AI favouring one group of people over another group of people.

I reckon its DeSantis who is blind. Blinded by his beliefs in nonsense.

Keep nonsense away from AI and it should function ok.

Reply Quote

Date: 3/06/2023 14:14:09
ID: 2039473

transition said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/the-idiot-west-is-sleeping-as-the-end-of-the-world-draws-near/ar-AA1bWXQJ?cvid=ea2dd2cfa5674626985591a92d63bfea&ei=47

just reading that^

i’d reckon the true enemy is debt instability, being kept that way on the edge, and a related accelerationism, these things together have a horrid darwinian dimension, to keep the insanity working, for as long as it works

maybe a good introduction to ideas related
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerationism

Reply Quote