Date: 3/04/2024 19:02:04
ID: 2141665
Subject: Apology to sarahs mum

My response to your posting of a video link the other day (which was none of my business anyway) was indeed needlessly presumptuous and judgemental, and I can understand why you found it patronising and belittling. Please accept my apology.

Reply Quote

Date: 6/04/2024 14:48:32
ID: 2142619
Subject: re: Apology to sarahs mum

*adds to the patronising and belittling.

I had but posted a link. But it was made clear to me that I have no rights to an opinion and that my opinion although unstated was wrong. I was shut down before I started. And here I am a few days later having a conversation with self.

I was also accused of having a poor stance on feminism. That’s hard.

Supposedly I am uninformed, have not done reading of the right material, and so should shut up on this topic. In reality I only know two people who have transitioned. Both lived their lives as female until in early adulthood. I like these people. I like who they have become. I would not feel scared by them in a public toilet. My opinion for very many years has been that I could not care about people’s sexuality as long as it is not predatory and/or violent.

In regard to Rowling. It seems she has now entered Trumpian territory and only tweets on this topic. Anti SNP, darling of FOX news and other haters. I’ll reserve my rights to not have her on my list of feminist role models.

Meanwhile youtube has offered me…

How is JK Rowling Transphobic? Trans Guy Responds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzlI__xX_74

Reply Quote

Date: 6/04/2024 15:00:22
ID: 2142621

You’re perfectly entitled to your opinion on this and any other topic sarahs mum, and I have acknowledged that I was presumptuous and unjustifiably dismissive etc. – you are quite right about my reprehensible attitude and conduct in regard to my response to you posting that link.

But as far as this particular issue is concerned I have personally changed my mind – I no longer think it necessary to hold any opinion on transgender matters, women’s rights and other political-type topics, social issues etc., and will politely withdraw from all such discussions.

I will however continue to post on more abstract philosophical topics, just for the mental exercise :)

Reply Quote

Date: 6/04/2024 15:11:48
ID: 2142624

sarahs mum said:

*adds to the patronising and belittling.

I had but posted a link. But it was made clear to me that I have no rights to an opinion and that my opinion although unstated was wrong. I was shut down before I started. And here I am a few days later having a conversation with self.

I was also accused of having a poor stance on feminism. That’s hard.

Supposedly I am uninformed, have not done reading of the right material, and so should shut up on this topic. In reality I only know two people who have transitioned. Both lived their lives as female until in early adulthood. I like these people. I like who they have become. I would not feel scared by them in a public toilet. My opinion for very many years has been that I could not care about people’s sexuality as long as it is not predatory and/or violent.

In regard to Rowling. It seems she has now entered Trumpian territory and only tweets on this topic. Anti SNP, darling of FOX news and other haters. I’ll reserve my rights to not have her on my list of feminist role models.

Meanwhile youtube has offered me…

How is JK Rowling Transphobic? Trans Guy Responds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzlI__xX_74

yes, and then being asked to apologise…

Reply Quote

Date: 6/04/2024 15:27:23
ID: 2142626

Fun fact, sarahs mum is one of the best people ever, is a treat and a dear, and is tied for my Favourite Holiday Forumer with Michael V.

Reply Quote

Date: 6/04/2024 15:34:15
ID: 2142628

dv said:

Fun fact, sarahs mum is one of the best people ever, is a treat and a dear, and is tied for my Favourite Holiday Forumer with Michael V.

Yes, sm is also intelligent and well read on a wide range of subjects.
She was good company for me when I was stuck in a hospital waiting room a few years back.

Reply Quote

Date: 6/04/2024 15:34:45
ID: 2142629

dv said:

I know where to go should I ever need a reference again. :)

Reply Quote

Date: 6/04/2024 15:35:29
ID: 2142630

kii said:

dv said:

She was good company for me when I was stuck in a hospital waiting room a few years back.

I’m still good company.

Reply Quote

Date: 6/04/2024 15:36:39
ID: 2142631

dv said:

+1

Reply Quote

Date: 6/04/2024 15:37:04
ID: 2142632

(Don’t forget that Arts called me “amazingly normal and nice” after our first pudd.)

Reply Quote

Date: 6/04/2024 15:42:14
ID: 2142637

kii said:

(Don’t forget that Arts called me “amazingly normal and nice” after our first pudd.)

probably drunk.

Reply Quote

Date: 6/04/2024 15:43:53
ID: 2142638

sarahs mum said:

kii said:

dv said:

I’m still good company.

Whilst I didn’t “ground “ myself with a walking stick today, I kept you in my thoughts. That idea grounded me. It helped.

Reply Quote

Date: 6/04/2024 15:47:19
ID: 2142644

kii said:

sarahs mum said:

kii said:

I’m still good company.

Whilst I didn’t “ground “ myself with a walking stick today, I kept you in my thoughts. That idea grounded me. It helped.

I use an earthing strap unless I feel a good zap would jolt me from complacency.

Reply Quote

Date: 6/04/2024 15:53:37
ID: 2142649

dv said:

“thumbsup”

Reply Quote

Date: 6/04/2024 15:54:08
ID: 2142650

sarahs mum said:

kii said:

dv said:

I’m still good company.

Indeed.

Reply Quote

Date: 6/04/2024 15:59:30
ID: 2142654

dv said:

Awww.

Thanks for that.

:)

Reply Quote

Date: 6/04/2024 16:00:31
ID: 2142657

dv said:

I try not to have favourites.

Reply Quote

Date: 6/04/2024 16:04:12
ID: 2142660

party_pants said:

dv said:

I think most people have flaws or just react negatively to adverse stimuli but I just never see sm or MV going outside the lines.

Reply Quote

Date: 6/04/2024 16:05:01
ID: 2142662

party_pants said:

My children are my favourites of all the children in the world.

Reply Quote

Date: 6/04/2024 16:07:01
ID: 2142666

it was when i started doing post grad. one of the profs suggested I get a walking stick. he felt that I would feel more confident and grounded with one. I could wave it around to accentuate my conversation, point at art, and to declare how much room I wanted. I could put it between my legs when sitting and lean into it with an engaged thoughtfulness. He thought others would take me more seriously. And Kii and I have reached the age when we can have a stick and it isn’t odd.

Reply Quote

Date: 6/04/2024 16:08:06
ID: 2142668

dv said:

party_pants said:

dv said:

I think most people have flaws or just react negatively to adverse stimuli but I just never see sm or MV going outside the lines.

I try to be neutral in the forum’s occasional spats but have managed to get one of us upset.
To that person I am sorry, it wasn’t intentional.

Reply Quote

Date: 6/04/2024 16:47:30
ID: 2142681

Don’t worry we hate all of yous.

Reply Quote

Date: 6/04/2024 16:53:25
ID: 2142687

SCIENCE said:

Don’t worry we hate all of yous.

Nice to see you don’t discriminate.