Date: 25/04/2024 10:02:51
ID: 2148058
Subject: Shark numbers + or - ?

For years, concern about shark sustainability has been at odds with the experience of some WA fishers who believe shark numbers are increasing due to the amount of shark bite-off, or depredation, of fish on their lines.

The new data will help the conversation move past speculation.

>Could there possibly be less fish and that’s why the sharks are eating them off fishing lines?

Reply Quote

Date: 25/04/2024 11:13:34
ID: 2148093
Subject: re: Shark numbers + or - ?

roughbarked said:

For years, concern about shark sustainability has been at odds with the experience of some WA fishers who believe shark numbers are increasing due to the amount of shark bite-off, or depredation, of fish on their lines.

>Could there possibly be less fish and that’s why the sharks are eating them off fishing lines?

I watched a documentary about the tagging and tracking of sharks and they watched some sharks swimming directly to and remaining under newly arrived boats, presumably to take any fish hooked by the fishermen onboard.

Reply Quote

Date: 1/05/2024 12:30:46
ID: 2150052
Subject: re: Shark numbers + or - ?

PermeateFree said:

roughbarked said:

I watched a documentary about the tagging and tracking of sharks and they watched some sharks swimming directly to and remaining under newly arrived boats, presumably to take any fish hooked by the fishermen onboard.

Bull sharks?
Was it in a Jeremy Wade documentary? I can’t remember.

Reply Quote