Date: 24/07/2024 23:06:57
ID: 2178792
Subject: The Kamala Harris is winning thread

This thread is an over spill from the US politics thread

I think we can all agree the democrat party is on the path to victory one way or the other.

Reply Quote

Date: 24/07/2024 23:12:53
ID: 2178793
Subject: re: The Kamala Harris is winning thread

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 07:30:47
ID: 2178809

The people I know who seem to have a handle on US politics all think Kamala will not make a very good president.

But, I think as a means of breaking the cycle of older and older white men getting in the position, she may ultimately be a good option.

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 07:45:55
ID: 2178810

Dark Orange said:

The people I know who seem to have a handle on US politics all think Kamala will not make a very good president.

But, I think as a means of breaking the cycle of older and older white men getting in the position, she may ultimately be a good option.

She’s certainty not the best candidate the Dems could have fielded but this is where we find ourselves. The question is, I suppose, can she be a better candidate than Trump – which at the moment is all that really matters.

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 08:24:22
ID: 2178820

Dark Orange said:

Perhaps Kamal might not make ‘a very good president’.

But, the choice seems to be between that, and someone who will make an utterly f***ing disastrous president.

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 09:10:48
ID: 2178835

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 09:33:56
ID: 2178847

SCIENCE said:

LMFAO

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 09:52:31
ID: 2178856

SCIENCE said:

My god , I thought he’d been cancelled because he said NO

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 09:57:36
ID: 2178858

Dark Orange said:

Why? What reasons do they give?

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 10:00:39
ID: 2178859

diddly-squat said:

Dark Orange said:

She’s certainty not the best candidate the Dems could have fielded but this is where we find ourselves. The question is, I suppose, can she be a better candidate than Trump – which at the moment is all that really matters.

You suppose an intelligent, experienced and articulate woman can be better than trump as a candidate for president?

Are you serious?

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 10:23:45
ID: 2178868

kii said:

diddly-squat said:

Dark Orange said:

You suppose an intelligent, experienced and articulate woman can be better than trump as a candidate for president?

Are you serious?

“Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.”
― Charlotte Whitton

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 10:31:14
ID: 2178874

ruby said:

kii said:

diddly-squat said:

Are you serious?

“Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.”
― Charlotte Whitton

It’s stunning how this has to even be said.

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 10:32:47
ID: 2178876

kii said:

diddly-squat said:

Dark Orange said:

Are you serious?

Trump supporters are interested in none of those things. Amongst those who could warm to Kamala hopefully her campaign encourages them to actually vote for her.

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 10:35:28
ID: 2178878

kii said:

ruby said:

kii said:

Are you serious?

― Charlotte Whitton

Men are a minority in our office.

7 men to maybe 40 women

I tend to think of coworkers as competent and decent people or not, gender is irrelevant.

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 10:36:43
ID: 2178880

Witty Rejoinder said:

kii said:

diddly-squat said:

Are you serious?

Trump supporters are interested in none of those things. Amongst those who could warm to Kamala hopefully her campaign encourages them to actually vote for her.

If she wins I wonder if she will encounter obstacles (not literal ones) from dumb arse people who don’t like a woman doing the job

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 10:38:02
ID: 2178883

Witty Rejoinder said:

kii said:

diddly-squat said:

Are you serious?

I know that Trump supporters aren’t interested in those qualities.
My response is directed at diddly-squat. Harris is a better candidate, but diddles appears to have doubts.

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 10:39:35
ID: 2178885

Cymek said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

kii said:

Are you serious?

If she wins I wonder if she will encounter obstacles (not literal ones) from dumb arse people who don’t like a woman doing the job

Probably. Obama copped a lot of racism from the Tea Party movement for having the audacity of being black.

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 10:39:40
ID: 2178887

kii said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

kii said:

Are you serious?

My response is directed at diddly-squat. Harris is a better candidate, but diddles appears to have doubts.

Is she the wrong president at this point in time as she seems to be competent and an actual decent person
Trump may be the president the USA deserves so they see just how shit it can get

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 10:48:22
ID: 2178888

kii said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

kii said:

Are you serious?

I think DS is suggesting that the question of who is a better candidate is something that will be decided in November. Also that if it had been an open primary would another candidate have emerged that would have ultimately performed better than Kamala against Trump.

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 10:49:57
ID: 2178889

Cymek said:

kii said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

Is she the wrong president at this point in time as she seems to be competent and an actual decent person
Trump may be the president the USA deserves so they see just how shit it can get

Yeah Trump tanking the economy, losing Taiwan to the PRC etc might be cathartic.

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 10:53:49
ID: 2178891

ruby said:

kii said:

diddly-squat said:

Are you serious?

― Charlotte Whitton

This has nothing to do with her being a woman. The as yet unanswered question is if she can be a better candidate than Trump; something we won’t really know the answer to until after the election.

The simple facts are that Biden was a terrible candidate and Harris is somewhat tied to Biden’s failures as a candidate, that that may yet drag her down. Is she the best candidate that the Dems could have fielded, not even close IMO, but we are in this situation because people like Harris (that is White House staff and senior Dem leaders) refused to have the courage to call Biden out earlier when there was still a chance to have an open primary.

If elected I think Harris would make a much better POTUS than Trump.

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 11:01:42
ID: 2178892

Cymek said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

kii said:

Are you serious?

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 11:02:56
ID: 2178893

ChrispenEvan said:

Cymek said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

Smooth and flat?

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 11:20:43
ID: 2178896

Kamala Harris is a sitting Vice President so she is experienced in day to day matters.

Trump is a convicted criminal, rapist and fraudster, he incited violence during the election, he defamed two voting companies Dominion and Smartmatic and he comes with unhinged policies and unhinged behaviour and a whopping 80+ bad traits.

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 11:21:05
ID: 2178897

Anyway…
The wife of mr kii’s friend thinks RFK is the better choice, because…both parties are the same.
She’s a teacher, has no kids of her own, they have many young women in the family (from her husband’s adult children) and can’t see why a 3rd party vote is a waste.
I don’t know who they voted for in 2016, if they even bothered,, but they were slagging off Hillary Clinton before the election.

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 11:22:03
ID: 2178898

kii said:

ruby said:

kii said:

Are you serious?

― Charlotte Whitton

And the backwards in high heels quote too.

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 11:27:28
ID: 2178899

I hope her campaign really gets the women out to vote. Because they really need to contribute now.

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 11:38:02
ID: 2178902

Tau.Neutrino said:

Kamala Harris is a sitting Vice President so she is experienced in day to day matters.

Trump is a convicted criminal, rapist and fraudster, he incited violence during the election, he defamed two voting companies Dominion and Smartmatic and he comes with unhinged policies and unhinged behaviour and a whopping 80+ bad flawed traits.

Trump did not transition the presidency peacefully during the election.

That plus all his flaws is a reason to keep him out from causing more damage.

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 11:38:04
ID: 2178903

buffy said:

I hope her campaign really gets the women out to vote. Because they really need to contribute now.

I’m not entirely convinced that Harris as candidate really changes the macro dynamics, the question I’m interested in finding out the answer to is if Harris as candidate will swing undecided voters in the Blue Wall (Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania) and Sun Belt states (North Carolina, Georgia, Arizona and Nevada).

The Electoral College has somewhere in the region of 2.5% to 3.5% bias to the GOP so Harris has to lead Trump by at least this amount on election day if she wants to win.

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 11:40:21
ID: 2178904

buffy said:

If nothing else that debate with Pence in 2020 gives me chills, still.
“Excuse me, Mr Vice President, I’m speaking.”

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 11:44:15
ID: 2178906

Tau.Neutrino said:

Trump is a convicted criminal, rapist and fraudster, he incited violence during the election, he defamed two voting companies Dominion and Smartmatic and he comes with unhinged policies and unhinged behaviour and a whopping 80+ bad traits.

Yes, this seems irrelevant, doesn’t matter ones character is terrible and your morals are in the toilet

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 11:51:21
ID: 2178908

kii said:

buffy said:
If nothing else that debate with Pence in 2020 gives me chills, still.
“Excuse me, Mr Vice President, I’m speaking.”
She had me at that.

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 13:59:45
ID: 2178979

buffy said:

Did you just assume they were women ?

Reply Quote

Date: 25/07/2024 14:07:43
ID: 2178981

Witty Rejoinder said:

Cymek said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

Probably. Obama copped a lot of racism from the Tea Party movement for having the audacity of being black.

Fairly sure it might have been him sending pallets of American dollars to Iran amongst other things

Reply Quote

Date: 26/07/2024 22:50:28
ID: 2179529

Off the rails: Paris Olympics marred by crime, strikes and sabotage before even starting PART 1

🔶 Strikes: The Paris Games have been nicknamed the ‘Strike Olympics’ as French labor unions plan widespread strikes in key sectors, including hotel employees, airport workers, and opening ceremony performers, all protesting over wage disputes.

🔶 Food shortages: Despite France’s reputation for gourmet cuisine, athletes in the Olympic Village have faced food shortages, complaining about both the quality and quantity of meals, which have fallen short of the Michelin star experience they were promised.

🔶 Crime: The Games’ spotlight has exposed Paris’s seedier side, with reports of crimes involving Olympians and tourists, including the Argentinian men’s football team being robbed, Channel Nine staffers being attacked during an attempted robbery, and an Australian tourist gang-raped by five men.

🔶 Stinky situation: Paris also faces another unseemly threat on the eve of the Olympics, with citizens threatening to defecate in the Seine River to highlight its poor sanitary condition, which could impact athletes competing in marathon swimming and triathlon events. Despite a 1.4 billion euro cleanup effort, the river still suffers from toxic sewage, rat infestations, and high E. coli bacteria levels.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 07:49:10
ID: 2179574

Kamala explains ukraine:

“Ukraine is a country in Europe. It exists next to another country called Russia. Russia is a bigger country. Russia is a powerful country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine. So basically that’s wrong.”

Guess the war will go on for a lot longer

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 07:51:30
ID: 2179576

All hail the idiot queen !

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 07:55:53
ID: 2179578

wookiemeister said:

All hail the idiot queen !

I didn’t know you were gay.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 07:59:13
ID: 2179580

wookiemeister said:

Kamala explains ukraine:

“Ukraine is a country in Europe. It exists next to another country called Russia. Russia is a bigger country. Russia is a powerful country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine. So basically that’s wrong.”

https://factcheck.afp.com/doc.afp.com.364M9QE

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:02:21
ID: 2179583

Witty Rejoinder said:

wookiemeister said:

Kamala explains ukraine:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/harris-ukraine-russia/

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:03:55
ID: 2179584

wookiemeister said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

wookiemeister said:

Kamala explains ukraine:

Do you even read the URLs you post?

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:04:56
ID: 2179585

wookiemeister said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

wookiemeister said:

Kamala explains ukraine:

https://twitter.com/DefiantLs/status/1815159594529808500?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1815159594529808500%7Ctwgr%5Ed0b504b414a6bf96f1940037ab1a99aadda85eb9%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.snopes.com%2Ffact-check%2Fharris-ukraine-russia%2F

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:05:28
ID: 2179586

Witty Rejoinder said:

wookiemeister said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

Slopes says YES it’s real and I’ve listened to it

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:07:06
ID: 2179587

wookiemeister said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

wookiemeister said:

She was asked to explain the Ukraine War in layman terms so that’s what she did.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:07:56
ID: 2179589

Witty Rejoinder said:

wookiemeister said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

She was asked to explain the Ukraine War in layman terms so that’s what she did.

She’s a fucking idiot, don’t kid yourself.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:09:58
ID: 2179590

wookiemeister said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

wookiemeister said:

She’s a fucking idiot, don’t kid yourself.

Hah. You’re the expert on fucking idiots.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:11:46
ID: 2179591

Australia is a country that allows corporations sell its natural gas for bargain basement prices then buys it back at 6 – 12x the original price.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:14:16
ID: 2179592

Witty Rejoinder said:

wookiemeister said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

From the snopes link:

KAMALA HARRIS: So, Ukraine is a country in Europe. It exists next to another country called Russia. Russia is a bigger country. Russia is a powerful country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine. So, basically that’s wrong. And it goes against everything that we stand for. There are terms that we use, we say, ‘We respect the sovereignty, the territorial integrity of countries,’ right? Their independence. Russia has gone into Ukraine militarily, unprovoked, with no justification other than to exercise its power to take over another country. So essentially that’s what’s at stake and we as America are saying that’s wrong and we will stand with Ukraine in saying that that is wrong. But that’s essentially where we are, that’s essentially the issue. And when it comes to what we know to be principles of fairness, we know that what Russia is doing is wrong. When it comes to what needs to happen then, well there needs to be severe consequence and accountability, and that’s why you’ll hear on the news that we talk about sanctions, which is basically having Russia pay a financial cost to the point that we can have a real impact, put a real hurt on their economy as a consequence for their bad behavior, which is resulting in the loss of innocent lives. And that’s where we are, that’s what the issue is, essentially.”

Seems a pretty good response to the question to me.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:16:38
ID: 2179593

The Rev Dodgson said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

wookiemeister said:

From the snopes link:

KAMALA HARRIS: So, Ukraine is a country in Europe. It exists next to another country called Russia. Russia is a bigger country. Russia is a powerful country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine. So, basically that’s wrong. And it goes against everything that we stand for. There are terms that we use, we say, ‘We respect the sovereignty, the territorial integrity of countries,’ right? Their independence. Russia has gone into Ukraine militarily, unprovoked, with no justification other than to exercise its power to take over another country. So essentially that’s what’s at stake and we as America are saying that’s wrong and we will stand with Ukraine in saying that that is wrong. But that’s essentially where we are, that’s essentially the issue. And when it comes to what we know to be principles of fairness, we know that what Russia is doing is wrong. When it comes to what needs to happen then, well there needs to be severe consequence and accountability, and that’s why you’ll hear on the news that we talk about sanctions, which is basically having Russia pay a financial cost to the point that we can have a real impact, put a real hurt on their economy as a consequence for their bad behavior, which is resulting in the loss of innocent lives. And that’s where we are, that’s what the issue is, essentially.”

One has to remember the target audience.
The ones intelligent enough to already know the issue, won’t really be the target audience.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:18:29
ID: 2179594

The Rev Dodgson said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

wookiemeister said:

From the snopes link:

As I said, the war will continue

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:21:24
ID: 2179595

Its late empire stuff. The rise of the idiot. The system continues but as stupid people start entering at every level the system starts collapsing. No amount of tax will solve the problems they themselves have created.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:22:11
ID: 2179596

wookiemeister said:

The Rev Dodgson said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

From the snopes link:

Which I’m sure you’re happy about since you’ve always supported Putin’s unjustified invasion of a neighbouring nation.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:22:27
ID: 2179597

wookiemeister said:

Doesn’t have to.

I mean, the Russians could go home, and that’d be the end of it.

The Ukrainians can’t do that. They’re already at home.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:23:32
ID: 2179598

wookiemeister said:

Its late empire stuff. The rise of the idiot. The system continues but as stupid people start entering at every level the system starts collapsing. No amount of tax will solve the problems they themselves have created.

Meanwhile you can’t hold down a job.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:26:23
ID: 2179600

Trump is a knee jerk last gasp to try and correct the ships course but what destination he sails to is unknown. He tore up the nuclear accords with Russia on nukes , launched missiles over the heads of the Russian navy into Syria , continued pumping money and weapons into ukraine and took a nest of vipers into the white house. The democrats biggest mistake was running lawfare against him since 2016 and finally trying to kill him a few weeks ago – a personality such as trump will not be forgiving when he gets back.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:29:40
ID: 2179602

Witty Rejoinder said:

wookiemeister said:

The Rev Dodgson said:

From the snopes link:

Which I’m sure you’re happy about since you’ve always supported Putin’s unjustified invasion of a neighbouring nation.

Ukraine means border/ end region in Russian, it’s been part of Russia, for a long, long time. Odessa itself is a Russian city. People started moving into ukraine in a big way during the industrial revolution. Putin himself just wanted to get some guarantees – no militarisation of ukraine. No expansion of NATO eastwards. Simple – huh ?

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:30:44
ID: 2179604

wookiemeister said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

wookiemeister said:

Ukraine means border/ end region in Russian, it’s been part of Russia, for a long, long time. Odessa itself is a Russian city. People started moving into ukraine in a big way during the industrial revolution. Putin himself just wanted to get some guarantees – no militarisation of ukraine. No expansion of NATO eastwards. Simple – huh ?

Well, he screwed up on that last one.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:31:05
ID: 2179605

captain_spalding said:

wookiemeister said:

Doesn’t have to.

The russians live there too – ukraine WAS Russia until the soviet union “transferred” it outside of the borders of imperial Russia. This war is a hangover from the cold war

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:33:42
ID: 2179606

Witty Rejoinder said:

wookiemeister said:

Meanwhile you can’t hold down a job.

Right. I do like to flit around to see what’s really going on. I decided to work in a coal fired powerstation as there there many conversations on the old SSSF . Once you work in them and being involved with maintaining them you can speak with some authority on them. Conclusion : in the modern era , not viable.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:34:01
ID: 2179607

Witty Rejoinder said:

wookiemeister said:

Kamala explains ukraine:

fuck knuckles doesn’t care. he’ll just go on to the next bit of misinformation that you’ll have to fact check.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:36:53
ID: 2179609

wookiemeister said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

wookiemeister said:

Um no. Putin invaded in 2014 to quell a peaceful protest movement, the Maidan, to let the Ukrainian people decide their own future in a liberal democratic way that naturally aligned that country with EU values. Putin saw this as a threat to his kleptocratic authoritarian rule. Belarus is a basketcase and is exactly how Putin wishes Ukraine was. Divided, week, corrupt and undemocratic.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:37:40
ID: 2179610

The democrat led government with Biden and kamala at the head have caused explosive inflation in America, everything is expensive and many things have stopped working. The American corporations embraced DEI and have been punished for it.

Realistically, does it matter if I think Kamala is an idiot ? No.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:40:21
ID: 2179611

wookiemeister said:

The democrat led government with Biden and kamala at the head have caused explosive inflation in America, everything is expensive and many things have stopped working. The American corporations embraced DEI and have been punished for it.

Maybe you need to check actual facts about how the economy in the USA has been going under both Trump and Biden.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:44:30
ID: 2179612

wookiemeister said:

captain_spalding said:

wookiemeister said:

Doesn’t have to.

The russians live there too – ukraine WAS Russia until the soviet union “transferred” it outside of the borders of imperial Russia. This war is a hangover from the cold war

Yeah, but the Ukrainians didn’t want to be Russia anymore. Andthey were doing OK, not being part of Russia. Better than a lot of the placesthat are still part of Russia.

Same as the Irish didn’t want to be British any more. And the Gauls and the Germanic tribes didn’t want to be part of Rome. And the Greeks didn’t want to be part of the Ottoman empire. And the Republic of Texas didn’t want to be part of Mexico. And the Dominican Republic didn’t want to be part of Haiti.

And Finland. Finland didn’t want to be part of the Soviet Union.

So, should Finland just admit that they were wrong, and invite the Russians to set up shop in Helsinki and run the country again?

Or the Irish should run up the Union Flag and apply for British passports?

Or the people of Texas just hand the keys back to the Mexicans?

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:50:28
ID: 2179614

roughbarked said:

wookiemeister said:

Maybe you need to check actual facts about how the economy in the USA has been going under both Trump and Biden.

I’ve read that under trump they were literally printing dollars to spend their way out of a massive economic black hole. Things were still problematic under trump naje no mistake. He was just trying to put out fires.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:52:00
ID: 2179616

Many Russians living in Russia were simply killed by nazis before and during ww2. You can’t claim any land if you are dead.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:53:33
ID: 2179618

The Australian government is digging into the ukraine war. It’s a break down of the mind.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:54:17
ID: 2179620

wookiemeister said:

Many Russians living in Russia were simply killed by nazis before and during ww2. You can’t claim any land if you are dead.

An awful lot of Russians living in Russia were killed by the NKVD before and during WW2, as well.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:54:57
ID: 2179621

captain_spalding said:

wookiemeister said:

An awful lot of Russians living in Russia were killed by the NKVD before and during WW2, as well.

Yep. There’s accounts of Stalin wiping out 40 million Russians.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:58:24
ID: 2179624

wookiemeister said:

captain_spalding said:

wookiemeister said:

Kind of gives a hint as to why people might not want to be part of Russia any more.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 08:58:51
ID: 2179625

you guys really need to get on FB and debate flat earthers and their ilk. you would soon see it as a waste of time. Though judging by your feeding habits here it would be a long time before you learnt. Must have a very narrow range of life interest to enjoy this shit. still different strokes and all that.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 09:02:21
ID: 2179626

captain_spalding said:

wookiemeister said:

captain_spalding said:

Kind of gives a hint as to why people might not want to be part of Russia any more.

The ukraine conflict is the consequence of the fall of soviet union. Our hangover from the cold war is ideological subversion from the KGB.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 09:03:42
ID: 2179628

ChrispenEvan said:

you guys really need to get on FB and debate flat earthers and their ilk. you would soon see it as a waste of time. Though judging by your feeding habits here it would be a long time before you learnt. Must have a very narrow range of life interest to enjoy this shit. still different strokes and all that.

There there.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 09:05:12
ID: 2179629

Witty Rejoinder said:

ChrispenEvan said:

There there.

thing is it makes you no different from wookie. now that is sad.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 09:09:21
ID: 2179630

ChrispenEvan said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

ChrispenEvan said:

There there.

Sometimes I feel like engaging with his idiocy and lies, sometimes I don’t. If you don’t like it ignore the thread when you can see his posting. It’s not as though your interaction with others is some lofty ideal of forum interaction that we should adhere to.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 09:12:03
ID: 2179633

Witty Rejoinder said:

ChrispenEvan said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

There there.

Sometimes I feel like engaging with his idiocy and lies, sometimes I don’t. If you don’t like it ignore the thread when you can see his posting. It’s not as though your interaction with others is some lofty ideal of forum interaction that we should adhere to.

but you are both bloviating about you “expertise” knowing full well it is pointless. I like needling stupid people though.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 09:12:42
ID: 2179634

ChrispenEvan said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

ChrispenEvan said:

There there.

Cheer up sunshine, it’s all bad. Do what I do try and fix things and help animals and humans when you see a genuine need. I’ll often find people that are fucked up and offer them an alternative door to pass through involving some money, effort and time on my part. Once they are back on their feet it’s time to move on and let them write their own story.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 09:15:10
ID: 2179636

My advice

Go and do something that helps thing get better today , physically do something that fixes something or improves something. The internet is a time waster

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 09:15:23
ID: 2179637

ChrispenEvan said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

ChrispenEvan said:

but you are both bloviating about you “expertise” knowing full well it is pointless. I like needling stupid people though.

Yes it is pointless but sometimes i feel like engaging anyway. Call it boredom.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 09:18:51
ID: 2179639

ChrispenEvan said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

ChrispenEvan said:

Well Wookie is certainly stupid. Doesn’t needling him count?

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 13:26:18
ID: 2179752

Cymek said:

kii said:

ruby said:

― Charlotte Whitton

Men are a minority in our office.

7 men to maybe 40 women

I tend to think of coworkers as competent and decent people or not, gender is irrelevant.

PIXAR Short: check it out PURL

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 13:59:52
ID: 2179767

Wow, how things change quickly.

I’m optimistic for once.

Kamala Harris and Pete Buttigieg.

Kamala has more room to deal with Israel has US voters want more done.

They are kicking Trumps butt.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 14:07:27
ID: 2179775

Tau.Neutrino said:

I’m optimistic for once.

FAR OUT!

IMO Pete & Kamala makea great intellectual pairing

do you have a Link?

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 14:09:20
ID: 2179778

Ogmog said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

I’m optimistic for once.

FAR OUT!

do you have a Link?

https://www.newsweek.com/kamala-harris-pete-buttigieg-vice-president-choice-2024-election-1930910

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 14:12:51
ID: 2179782

Ogmog said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

I’m optimistic for once.

FAR OUT!

do you have a Link?

Yep.

https://www.newsweek.com/pete-buttigiegs-chances-being-kamala-harris-running-mate-skyrocket-1930041

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 14:14:14
ID: 2179783

roughbarked said:

Ogmog said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

I’m optimistic for once.

FAR OUT!

do you have a Link?

https://www.newsweek.com/kamala-harris-pete-buttigieg-vice-president-choice-2024-election-1930910

Good News.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 14:21:14
ID: 2179786

Tau.Neutrino said:

Ogmog said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

I’m optimistic for once.

FAR OUT!

do you have a Link?

Yep.

https://www.newsweek.com/pete-buttigiegs-chances-being-kamala-harris-running-mate-skyrocket-1930041

Still can’t see it happening.

Still don’t feel that Americans can yet be sold on a gay man in the White House, even if he’s ‘just’ the VP.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 14:46:50
ID: 2179799

captain_spalding said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

Ogmog said:

FAR OUT!

do you have a Link?

Yep.

Still don’t feel that Americans can yet be sold on a gay man in the White House, even if he’s ‘just’ the VP.

He has great intellectual skills, great understanding and sees things clearly.

These are much needed skills.

I thinks voters will warm up to his abilities.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 14:52:18
ID: 2179800

Tau.Neutrino said:

captain_spalding said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

Yep.

He has great intellectual skills, great understanding and sees things clearly.

These are much needed skills.

I thinks voters will warm up to his abilities.

Trump is hopeless seeing America clearly and he cannot even see himself from a distance.

Vance says the wrong things a lot, which makes me think he cannot see things clearly either.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 15:05:31
ID: 2179805

Pete Buttigieg Emerges as a VP Favorite, According to Polls

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 15:40:15
ID: 2179809

Tau.Neutrino said:

But what if she refuses to have a gay bloke as her running mate?

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 15:45:52
ID: 2179811

Peak Warming Man said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

Married family man with two kids?

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 16:19:49
ID: 2179819

Peak Warming Man said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

Well, yeah.

It’s not very long ago that various ‘pundits’ were saying that Kamal would be ballot-box suicide if she was put up as a candidate.

Now, in an America that seems to be going bum-first into the past, you want to link her to a gay VP?

Reply Quote

Date: 27/07/2024 16:20:47
ID: 2179820

captain_spalding said:

Peak Warming Man said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

Well, yeah.

It’s not very long ago that various ‘pundits’ were saying that Kamal would be ballot-box suicide if she was put up as a candidate.

Now, in an America that seems to be going bum-first into the past, you want to link her to a gay VP?

Kamala, that is.

Reply Quote

Date: 31/07/2024 16:13:22
ID: 2181336

Keith Olbermann

Kamala Smokes Trump in First Polls

watch it:
if you’re not familiar with Keith Olbermann
he used to be my favorite MSNBC segment before
his time slot was turned over to the somewhat less caustic
Rachel Maddow