Date: 27/09/2026 10:40:47
From: Bubblecar
ID: 2433995
Subject: CSF Leak

Readers might recall that I purchased one of those sinus wash bottles, and used it, following the instructions, on Friday.

Ever since, I’ve had a clear liquid draining into my left nasal sinus and trickling down the nose when I bend too far forward. It’s not mucus, it’s basically water.

It can really only be cerebrospinal fluid, the mostly-water liquid that cushions the brain and helps keep it sterile and properly positioned, and which is not supposed to leak out.

The first such leak I experienced was after that horrible all-day nose bleed (can’t recall if it was last year or the year before) which may have been associated with a minor stroke.

After the bleeding stopped there was a period of gushing of watery liquid, again from the left nostril, until that healed.

I’m hoping this heals quickly as losing too much CSF can be very bad for your brain. In the meantime, I’d warn people not to use those wash bottles if they suspect they may have damaged sinuses.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 10:41:49
From: SCIENCE
ID: 2433998
Subject: re: CSF Leak

sinuses never manufacture their own ooze

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 10:44:23
From: dv
ID: 2434000
Subject: re: CSF Leak

Bloody hell.

I hope this gets sorted.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 10:46:31
From: kii
ID: 2434002
Subject: re: CSF Leak

Go to the doctor.
Have you called the real estate agent?

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 10:46:54
From: Peak Warming Man
ID: 2434003
Subject: re: CSF Leak

Bubblecar said:


Readers might recall that I purchased one of those sinus wash bottles, and used it, following the instructions, on Friday.

Ever since, I’ve had a clear liquid draining into my left nasal sinus and trickling down the nose when I bend too far forward. It’s not mucus, it’s basically water.

It can really only be cerebrospinal fluid, the mostly-water liquid that cushions the brain and helps keep it sterile and properly positioned, and which is not supposed to leak out.

The first such leak I experienced was after that horrible all-day nose bleed (can’t recall if it was last year or the year before) which may have been associated with a minor stroke.

After the bleeding stopped there was a period of gushing of watery liquid, again from the left nostril, until that healed.

I’m hoping this heals quickly as losing too much CSF can be very bad for your brain. In the meantime, I’d warn people not to use those wash bottles if they suspect they may have damaged sinuses.

Get yourself to Google first thing Monday.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 11:02:11
From: Arts
ID: 2434018
Subject: re: CSF Leak

the wash sometimes gets trapped into sinus cavities and leaks out as your head position moves.
I have been using one to clear this persistent sinus issue I have had for a year now.. and the ENT assures me that it’s just trapped water that then gets dislodged as your head changes position.

make sure you use cooled boiled water and the saline packet mixed well.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 11:15:47
From: Bubblecar
ID: 2434025
Subject: re: CSF Leak

Arts said:


the wash sometimes gets trapped into sinus cavities and leaks out as your head position moves.
I have been using one to clear this persistent sinus issue I have had for a year now.. and the ENT assures me that it’s just trapped water that then gets dislodged as your head changes position.

make sure you use cooled boiled water and the saline packet mixed well.

That’s reassuring, I hope you’re right. Is it still supposed to be trickling out days later?

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 11:19:56
From: The Rev Dodgson
ID: 2434030
Subject: re: CSF Leak

Bubblecar said:


Readers might recall that I purchased one of those sinus wash bottles, and used it, following the instructions, on Friday.

Ever since, I’ve had a clear liquid draining into my left nasal sinus and trickling down the nose when I bend too far forward. It’s not mucus, it’s basically water.

It can really only be cerebrospinal fluid, the mostly-water liquid that cushions the brain and helps keep it sterile and properly positioned, and which is not supposed to leak out.

The first such leak I experienced was after that horrible all-day nose bleed (can’t recall if it was last year or the year before) which may have been associated with a minor stroke.

After the bleeding stopped there was a period of gushing of watery liquid, again from the left nostril, until that healed.

I’m hoping this heals quickly as losing too much CSF can be very bad for your brain. In the meantime, I’d warn people not to use those wash bottles if they suspect they may have damaged sinuses.

You are off to see the doc asap, right?

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 11:23:30
From: Bubblecar
ID: 2434033
Subject: re: CSF Leak

The Rev Dodgson said:


Bubblecar said:

Readers might recall that I purchased one of those sinus wash bottles, and used it, following the instructions, on Friday.

Ever since, I’ve had a clear liquid draining into my left nasal sinus and trickling down the nose when I bend too far forward. It’s not mucus, it’s basically water.

It can really only be cerebrospinal fluid, the mostly-water liquid that cushions the brain and helps keep it sterile and properly positioned, and which is not supposed to leak out.

The first such leak I experienced was after that horrible all-day nose bleed (can’t recall if it was last year or the year before) which may have been associated with a minor stroke.

After the bleeding stopped there was a period of gushing of watery liquid, again from the left nostril, until that healed.

I’m hoping this heals quickly as losing too much CSF can be very bad for your brain. In the meantime, I’d warn people not to use those wash bottles if they suspect they may have damaged sinuses.

You are off to see the doc asap, right?

Not if it dries up during the course of today, as seems to be happening :)

It was worse last night. Couldn’t even peep in the fridge without the trickle starting.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 11:25:21
From: roughbarked
ID: 2434035
Subject: re: CSF Leak

Bubblecar said:


The Rev Dodgson said:

Bubblecar said:

Readers might recall that I purchased one of those sinus wash bottles, and used it, following the instructions, on Friday.

Ever since, I’ve had a clear liquid draining into my left nasal sinus and trickling down the nose when I bend too far forward. It’s not mucus, it’s basically water.

It can really only be cerebrospinal fluid, the mostly-water liquid that cushions the brain and helps keep it sterile and properly positioned, and which is not supposed to leak out.

The first such leak I experienced was after that horrible all-day nose bleed (can’t recall if it was last year or the year before) which may have been associated with a minor stroke.

After the bleeding stopped there was a period of gushing of watery liquid, again from the left nostril, until that healed.

I’m hoping this heals quickly as losing too much CSF can be very bad for your brain. In the meantime, I’d warn people not to use those wash bottles if they suspect they may have damaged sinuses.

You are off to see the doc asap, right?

Not if it dries up during the course of today, as seems to be happening :)

It was worse last night. Couldn’t even peep in the fridge without the trickle starting.

Sounds far better than water on the brain.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 12:04:55
From: ms spock
ID: 2434051
Subject: re: CSF Leak

The Rev Dodgson said:


Bubblecar said:

Readers might recall that I purchased one of those sinus wash bottles, and used it, following the instructions, on Friday.

Ever since, I’ve had a clear liquid draining into my left nasal sinus and trickling down the nose when I bend too far forward. It’s not mucus, it’s basically water.

It can really only be cerebrospinal fluid, the mostly-water liquid that cushions the brain and helps keep it sterile and properly positioned, and which is not supposed to leak out.

The first such leak I experienced was after that horrible all-day nose bleed (can’t recall if it was last year or the year before) which may have been associated with a minor stroke.

After the bleeding stopped there was a period of gushing of watery liquid, again from the left nostril, until that healed.

I’m hoping this heals quickly as losing too much CSF can be very bad for your brain. In the meantime, I’d warn people not to use those wash bottles if they suspect they may have damaged sinuses.

You are off to see the doc asap, right?

Like ring and ambulance and go to the hospital. Mr Car.

And just a reminder no armless chairs..

You recent falls from the armless chairs mean that you might have sustained a head injury that you are unable to remember or are unaware of.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 12:07:06
From: ms spock
ID: 2434053
Subject: re: CSF Leak

Bubblecar said:


The Rev Dodgson said:

Bubblecar said:

Readers might recall that I purchased one of those sinus wash bottles, and used it, following the instructions, on Friday.

Ever since, I’ve had a clear liquid draining into my left nasal sinus and trickling down the nose when I bend too far forward. It’s not mucus, it’s basically water.

It can really only be cerebrospinal fluid, the mostly-water liquid that cushions the brain and helps keep it sterile and properly positioned, and which is not supposed to leak out.

The first such leak I experienced was after that horrible all-day nose bleed (can’t recall if it was last year or the year before) which may have been associated with a minor stroke.

After the bleeding stopped there was a period of gushing of watery liquid, again from the left nostril, until that healed.

I’m hoping this heals quickly as losing too much CSF can be very bad for your brain. In the meantime, I’d warn people not to use those wash bottles if they suspect they may have damaged sinuses.

You are off to see the doc asap, right?

Not if it dries up during the course of today, as seems to be happening :)

It was worse last night. Couldn’t even peep in the fridge without the trickle starting.

Did so doctor see you last year?

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 12:13:45
From: Bubblecar
ID: 2434055
Subject: re: CSF Leak

ms spock said:


Bubblecar said:

The Rev Dodgson said:

You are off to see the doc asap, right?

Not if it dries up during the course of today, as seems to be happening :)

It was worse last night. Couldn’t even peep in the fridge without the trickle starting.

Did so doctor see you last year?

I did go to the GP following that nose bleed and the angina attack I had the next day, but he didn’t seem at all interested in my reports of the clear liquid, just saying he didn’t think it was a CSF leak because “that’s a serious thing” – um, yeah, which was why I went to the doctor…

He did however decide that I’d had a heart attack and sent me to the hospital in an ambulance. The cardiologists decided I hadn’t had a heart attack, just a bad angina attack, and no-one seemed interested in the nose bleed or clear liquid.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 12:20:29
From: Tau.Neutrino
ID: 2434056
Subject: re: CSF Leak

Bubblecar said:


ms spock said:

Bubblecar said:

Not if it dries up during the course of today, as seems to be happening :)

It was worse last night. Couldn’t even peep in the fridge without the trickle starting.

Did so doctor see you last year?

I did go to the GP following that nose bleed and the angina attack I had the next day, but he didn’t seem at all interested in my reports of the clear liquid, just saying he didn’t think it was a CSF leak because “that’s a serious thing” – um, yeah, which was why I went to the doctor…

He did however decide that I’d had a heart attack and sent me to the hospital in an ambulance. The cardiologists decided I hadn’t had a heart attack, just a bad angina attack, and no-one seemed interested in the nose bleed or clear liquid.

Hopefully you are ok.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 12:23:27
From: Bubblecar
ID: 2434057
Subject: re: CSF Leak

Tau.Neutrino said:


Bubblecar said:

ms spock said:

Did so doctor see you last year?

I did go to the GP following that nose bleed and the angina attack I had the next day, but he didn’t seem at all interested in my reports of the clear liquid, just saying he didn’t think it was a CSF leak because “that’s a serious thing” – um, yeah, which was why I went to the doctor…

He did however decide that I’d had a heart attack and sent me to the hospital in an ambulance. The cardiologists decided I hadn’t had a heart attack, just a bad angina attack, and no-one seemed interested in the nose bleed or clear liquid.

Hopefully you are ok.

I probably am but I won’t be using that sinus wash bottle again.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 12:29:02
From: Arts
ID: 2434059
Subject: re: CSF Leak

Bubblecar said:


Arts said:

the wash sometimes gets trapped into sinus cavities and leaks out as your head position moves.
I have been using one to clear this persistent sinus issue I have had for a year now.. and the ENT assures me that it’s just trapped water that then gets dislodged as your head changes position.

make sure you use cooled boiled water and the saline packet mixed well.

That’s reassuring, I hope you’re right. Is it still supposed to be trickling out days later?

I do mine everyday as it includes antibiotics. For me the dripping stops fairly quickly but I tilt my head and let it drip out. I also blow my nose.

CSF leaks are rare but also are indicative of a head injury so probs seek
Medical help

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 12:40:17
From: Michael V
ID: 2434062
Subject: re: CSF Leak

I have a clear, thin, slightly salty fluid that leaks from both nostrils if I bend over for a minute or two. This started in 2017, after a very nasty respiratory infection I caught in Sri Lanka. Some times it is better than other times, but it has never completely gone away.

It’s been bad the last two weeks since I caught the latest respiratory infection. I am mostly over infection, but the clear thin fluid leak persists when I bend over.

My mother commented that a runny nose was an affliction of the elderly. Hers was effectively continuous.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 12:49:13
From: Michael V
ID: 2434064
Subject: re: CSF Leak

That said, if you even slightly think that you have a CSF leak, you MUST seek medical advice immediately. Do not treat this lightly.

One of our friends here got an infection in her CSF and has nearly died several times. She has had several major operations and has spent months in hospitals. She is now nearly completely wheelchair-bound.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 13:04:15
From: kii
ID: 2434067
Subject: re: CSF Leak

Michael V said:


That said, if you even slightly think that you have a CSF leak, you MUST seek medical advice immediately. Do not treat this lightly.

Or post about it on the internet and hope for the best.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 13:19:43
From: roughbarked
ID: 2434070
Subject: re: CSF Leak

Arts said:


Bubblecar said:

Arts said:

the wash sometimes gets trapped into sinus cavities and leaks out as your head position moves.
I have been using one to clear this persistent sinus issue I have had for a year now.. and the ENT assures me that it’s just trapped water that then gets dislodged as your head changes position.

make sure you use cooled boiled water and the saline packet mixed well.

That’s reassuring, I hope you’re right. Is it still supposed to be trickling out days later?

I do mine everyday as it includes antibiotics. For me the dripping stops fairly quickly but I tilt my head and let it drip out. I also blow my nose.

CSF leaks are rare but also are indicative of a head injury so probs seek
Medical help

Armless chair comes to mind.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 13:32:55
From: Peak Warming Man
ID: 2434071
Subject: re: CSF Leak

roughbarked said:


Arts said:

Bubblecar said:

That’s reassuring, I hope you’re right. Is it still supposed to be trickling out days later?

I do mine everyday as it includes antibiotics. For me the dripping stops fairly quickly but I tilt my head and let it drip out. I also blow my nose.

CSF leaks are rare but also are indicative of a head injury so probs seek
Medical help

Armless chair comes to mind.

They are armeless enough guvner

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 13:54:30
From: Michael V
ID: 2434072
Subject: re: CSF Leak

Peak Warming Man said:


roughbarked said:

Arts said:

I do mine everyday as it includes antibiotics. For me the dripping stops fairly quickly but I tilt my head and let it drip out. I also blow my nose.

CSF leaks are rare but also are indicative of a head injury so probs seek
Medical help

Armless chair comes to mind.

They are armeless enough guvner

Come back and fight like a man, fight like a man!

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 13:56:22
From: Ian
ID: 2434073
Subject: re: CSF Leak

IME CSF leakage is accompanied by massive pounding headache.

Have you got any of these symptoms…?

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/csf-leak/symptoms-causes/syc-20522246

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 14:19:53
From: ms spock
ID: 2434076
Subject: re: CSF Leak

Bubblecar said:


ms spock said:

Bubblecar said:

Not if it dries up during the course of today, as seems to be happening :)

It was worse last night. Couldn’t even peep in the fridge without the trickle starting.

Did so doctor see you last year?

I did go to the GP following that nose bleed and the angina attack I had the next day, but he didn’t seem at all interested in my reports of the clear liquid, just saying he didn’t think it was a CSF leak because “that’s a serious thing” – um, yeah, which was why I went to the doctor…

He did however decide that I’d had a heart attack and sent me to the hospital in an ambulance. The cardiologists decided I hadn’t had a heart attack, just a bad angina attack, and no-one seemed interested in the nose bleed or clear liquid.

That’s a very poor response Mr Car.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 14:22:21
From: ms spock
ID: 2434078
Subject: re: CSF Leak

Michael V said:


That said, if you even slightly think that you have a CSF leak, you MUST seek medical advice immediately. Do not treat this lightly.

One of our friends here got an infection in her CSF and has nearly died several times. She has had several major operations and has spent months in hospitals. She is now nearly completely wheelchair-bound.

This is why I said to ring an ambulance.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 14:23:27
From: Ian
ID: 2434079
Subject: re: CSF Leak

Have you imbibed much in the last 48 hours?

How much worse than usual is your post game hangover?

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 14:33:52
From: Ian
ID: 2434082
Subject: re: CSF Leak

Google tells me.. The total fluid capacity of all adult human paranasal sinuses combined is roughly 30 to 45 milliliters.

That could seem pretty huge if it’s dribbling out a drop at a time.

Still, as others are saying see a doctor.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 15:01:48
From: Ian
ID: 2434089
Subject: re: CSF Leak

I have bloody weird sinuses… went through years of having colds turn into sinusitis.. no fun at all.

After a short time in the surf I have always come out of the water with sinuses full of water. I lower my head and dribble from the nose for a long time. But still it would be fully resolved in an hour or two.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 15:14:23
From: SCIENCE
ID: 2434092
Subject: re: CSF Leak

Ian said:

Google tells me.. The total fluid capacity of all adult human paranasal sinuses combined is roughly 30 to 45 milliliters.

That could seem pretty huge if it’s dribbling out a drop at a time.

Still, as others are saying see a doctor.

well the doctors are wrong

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 17:47:19
From: ms spock
ID: 2434157
Subject: re: CSF Leak

Monopoly designed for Fascism

Link

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 17:52:47
From: Peak Warming Man
ID: 2434162
Subject: re: CSF Leak

ms spock said:

Monopoly designed for Fascism

Link

Isn’t capitalism great.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/09/2026 18:30:30
From: Michael V
ID: 2434176
Subject: re: CSF Leak

ms spock said:

Monopoly designed for Fascism

Link

Bloody brilliant.

I laughed!

Reply Quote

Date: 29/09/2026 14:25:01
From: ms spock
ID: 2434645
Subject: re: CSF Leak

Peak Warming Man said:


ms spock said:

Monopoly designed for Fascism

Link

Isn’t capitalism great.

Fantastic

Reply Quote

Date: 30/09/2026 09:16:18
From: Michael V
ID: 2434849
Subject: re: CSF Leak

How’s it all going, Mr Car?

Reply Quote

Date: 30/09/2026 09:19:20
From: Bubblecar
ID: 2434853
Subject: re: CSF Leak

Michael V said:


How’s it all going, Mr Car?

That leakage settled, whatever it was. I won’t be doing that sinus bottle wash again.

Reply Quote

Date: 30/09/2026 09:21:07
From: Michael V
ID: 2434856
Subject: re: CSF Leak

Bubblecar said:


Michael V said:

How’s it all going, Mr Car?

That leakage settled, whatever it was. I won’t be doing that sinus bottle wash again.

Good-oh.

Reply Quote

Date: 30/09/2026 10:49:06
From: kii
ID: 2434878
Subject: re: CSF Leak

Bubblecar said:


Michael V said:

How’s it all going, Mr Car?

That leakage settled, whatever it was. I won’t be doing that sinus bottle wash again.

Why were you using the saline wash? When used correctly it is really worth it. Refer to Arts’s experience. I also used one regularly before I had balloon sinuplasty surgery in 2016.

That was a fun time in my life. I was using a walking stick because of the damaged knee from the fall at DFW airport, and we had adopted Gracie Blue a few weeks previously. I also had my septum straightened during the sinus procedure.

Note to self: Don’t ever do that again. Adopt a vibrant nutcase dog when incapacitated.

Also you could consult the doctor and have your head x-rayed to check on your sinuses.
Plus have you called the real estate office about the house collapsing?

Reply Quote