Date: 1/05/2012 15:47:12
ID: 151691
Subject: Sam and Ralph

Cut to a scene, somewhere in England, Sam and Ralph getting on a train.

Sam-: Morning Ralph.
Ralph-: Morning Sam.
Sam-: I see it’s going to be hot and dry again today Ralph.
Ralph-: Aye Sam, that it is.
Sam-: It seems to be always forcast to be hot and dry these days Ralph.
Ralph-: Aye Sam, that it is.
Sam-: I remember when we’d get up and put the kettle on and open the paper and sometimes it would say cold and wet.
Ralph-: Aye Sam, that it did, can’t rightly remember last time I saw a forcast like that, and sometimes they’d say Snow.
Sam-: Snow aye, I remember when they’d say that on news the night before, that used to get the heart racing.
Ralph-: They cant say cold or wet or snow these days, cost them their job if they said that, hot and dry is all.
Sam-: Here’s our station Ralph, better button up your coat it looks Arctic out there.
Ralph-: Aye, don’t forget your brolly Sam.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/04/30/met-office-april-forecast-drought-impacts-in-the-coming-months-are-virtually-inevitable/#more-62444

Reply Quote

Date: 1/05/2012 15:51:55
ID: 151692
Subject: re: Sam and Ralph

>“The Environment Agency advises that, given the current state of soils and groundwater levels in these areas, drought impacts in the coming months are virtually inevitable.”<

Well, all they really needed to add was “The Environment Agency advises that, given the current state of soils and groundwater levels in these areas, drought impacts in the coming months are virtually inevitable, unless April proves particularly wet.”

That’s presumably what they meant.

Reply Quote

Date: 1/05/2012 16:14:13
ID: 151697
Subject: re: Sam and Ralph

So the weather that the Met Office said had a 10-15% probability is what actually happened.

Is this significant in some way?

p.s.

I’ve noticed that this Watts person is becoming increasingly vocal in his non-science commentary. Seems to be getting desparate.

Reply Quote