Date: 27/06/2017 13:18:04
ID: 1083339
Subject: Census Results

Census results: Australians are older, ethnically diverse and losing their religion

Australia is older, more ethnically diverse and less religious than ever before, according to the 2016 census results released today.

more…

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 13:37:50
ID: 1083348
Subject: re: Census Results

In the 30 years I have been in Tasmania there is an increase of 20k in population. Sydney has doubled. People get paid a lot more in Sydney. Tasmanians leave school and go there to make money. Only some come back. It’s happened for the longest time.

Feedback to the Mercury news blames the Greens.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 14:06:31
ID: 1083368

Census 2016: This is Australia as 100 people

If Australia were just 100 people, what would it look like? New census data gives us an opportunity to find out, and provides some surprising insights into the state of the nation.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-27/census-australia-as-100-people/8634318

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 15:03:49
ID: 1083398

I find nothing surprising in here

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 15:09:57
ID: 1083399

Arts said:

not even the figures that said that 94% of respondents thought that Boris jokes were funny?

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 15:11:13
ID: 1083400

ChrispenEvan said:

Arts said:

not even the figures that said that 94% of respondents thought that Boris jokes were funny?

94% of five isn’t that many.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 15:11:35
ID: 1083401

ChrispenEvan said:

Arts said:

We know respondent lie sometimes.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 15:11:43
ID: 1083402

Some people are getting into a panic that Islam has grown slightly since the last Census.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 15:13:15
ID: 1083403

Census 2016 results are out, but can we trust the data?

3. False and nonsensical answers

“Some people respond to census questions with false or nonsensical answers.”

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 15:17:02
ID: 1083405

Arts said:

A normal census then?

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 15:19:44
ID: 1083406

Tau.Neutrino said:

Arts said:

A normal census then?

A census is really only a comparative tool. To look at trends that have occurred over any time period. In that respect the results are unsurprising.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 15:21:15
ID: 1083408

Arts said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

Arts said:

A normal census then?

A census is really only a comparative tool. To look at trends that have occurred over any time period. In that respect the results are unsurprising.

Except for the Boris anomaly but that’s probably just an outlier from a political climate response.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 15:25:29
ID: 1083413

Arts said:

Arts said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

A normal census then?

Except for the Boris anomaly but that’s probably just an outlier from a political climate response.

It wouldn’t be a huge driver of public policy anyway.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 15:32:34
ID: 1083423

For me the most surprising thing was that more overseas-born people are from Asia than Europe.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 15:35:21
ID: 1083427

Here’s a Nat Geo article to go with it

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 15:40:33
ID: 1083433

poikilotherm said:

Here’s a Nat Geo article to go with it

Great article and pic. Thanks.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 16:10:19
ID: 1083453

Arts said:

That’s because the census asked ALL the wrong questions. After the census I started writing a redesign that would have yielded at least some useful information.

As an devil’s advocate example, I would have liked it to ask “do you have a transmissible disease”? The results from that would be valuable information for health care.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 19:19:11
ID: 1083550

party_pants said:

Some people are getting into a panic that Islam has grown slightly since the last Census.

Maybe you should have a look at some news concerning European & Scandinavian countries from an outlet other than the ABC & Fairfax. You may reevaluate your opinions & become less sarcastic

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 19:29:00
ID: 1083553

The_observer said:

party_pants said:

Maybe you should have a look at some news concerning European & Scandinavian countries from an outlet other than the ABC & Fairfax. You may reevaluate your opinions & become less sarcastic

Does The Guardian count?

Not being sarcastic at all, some people are alarmed about it. I think the alarm is unfounded. With the figures showing that migrants to this country often come from places in Asia with China, India, Vietnam and The Philippines being the most popular, I would expect “other” religions like Hinduism and Buddhism would be the growth religions, and the Census figures over the last generation (from 1991 onwards) certainly bear that out, these religions have grown faster than Islam.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 19:33:26
ID: 1083554

party_pants said:

Not being sarcastic at all, some people are alarmed about it. I think the alarm is unfounded.

Bollards say that you are wrong.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 19:35:37
ID: 1083557

AwesomeO said:

party_pants said:

Not being sarcastic at all, some people are alarmed about it. I think the alarm is unfounded.

LOL. slight disconnect there.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 19:36:30
ID: 1083558

AwesomeO said:

party_pants said:

Nup, bollards just say that some people are alarmed about it.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 19:37:19
ID: 1083559

buffy said:

AwesomeO said:

party_pants said:

Yep. Or making political points and faking the concern.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 19:38:12
ID: 1083561

Former PM Tony Abbott has today joined other conservative minor party politicians in accusing the Australian Bureau of Statistics of driving a ‘leftie’ bias agenda – after a record number of people who claim “no religion” has overtaken Catholics in the 2016 Census Results.

The most recent results show that “no religion” rose from 22.6 per cent to 29.6 per cent — nearly double the 16 per cent in 2001. These new numbers clash with the modern conservatives interpretation of Australia, especially the results that suggest those identifying as Catholic dropped from 25.3 per cent to 22.6 per cent.

“The ABS is just forcing their leftie agenda down everyones throats” said Australian Conservatives leader Cory Bernardi.

“They are trying to say that our Christian nation is increasingly not-Christian. What’s next? These lefties will want to ban Christmas”

“Or ban the cane from schools”

Islam (2.6 per cent) and Buddhism (2.4 per cent) were the next most common religions reported, proving that modern Australian political populism may be a little bit off when it comes to their fear-mongering warnings about the rise of Islam.

“Islam has pretty much grown with the population” says one statistician.

“I don’t think we have seen much of a growth since last census. Put it this way, there are more people in this country that identify as transgender than there are that identify as Muslim”

“I think everyone needs to calm the fuck down. Islams represents a very small minority when it comes to belief systems”

Christian orders who can see the writing on the wall when it comes to the decline of tax-free collection plates, also made headlines last year to encourage people to list themselves as ‘Christian’ instead of Atheist to avoid Islam being listed as our number one religion.

Unfortunately there fear campaign was also proven false as ‘No Religion’ is now listed as Australia’s most popular religion. Which technically means we are a No Religion nation.

B E Toota

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 19:38:59
ID: 1083562

buffy said:

AwesomeO said:

party_pants said:

Those people include people who know about these things. Plus there is evidence of intent, capability is still a work in progress.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 19:39:53
ID: 1083563

party_pants said:

The_observer said:

party_pants said:

Does The Guardian count?

Not being sarcastic at all, some people are alarmed about it. I think the alarm is unfounded. With the figures showing that migrants to this country often come from places in Asia with China, India, Vietnam and The Philippines being the most popular, I would expect “other” religions like Hinduism and Buddhism would be the growth religions, and the Census figures over the last generation (from 1991 onwards) certainly bear that out, these religions have grown faster than Islam.

Most Chinese are atheists.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 19:43:07
ID: 1083565

AwesomeO said:

buffy said:

AwesomeO said:

Those people include people who know about these things. Plus there is evidence of intent, capability is still a work in progress.

A more interesting question is with Australia being a western nation that has been allied with the great Satan, with plots been uncovered and people in supermax, with evidence from overseas including an attack in Bali that targeted Australians that people can deny that a threat exists.

Threat equals capability and intent.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 19:43:59
ID: 1083566

Bubblecar said:

Communist repression of religion ended quite some time ago:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_China

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 19:45:25
ID: 1083567

Witty Rejoinder said:

Bubblecar said:

According to a 2012 Gallup poll, 47% of Chinese people were convinced atheists, and a further 30% were not religious. In comparison, only 14% considered themselves to be religious. More recently, a 2015 Gallup poll found the number of convinced atheists in China to be 61%, with a further 29% saying that they are not religious compared to just 7% who are religious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion_in_China

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 19:46:21
ID: 1083569

Bubblecar said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

Bubblecar said:

According to a 2012 Gallup poll, 47% of Chinese people were convinced atheists, and a further 30% were not religious. In comparison, only 14% considered themselves to be religious. More recently, a 2015 Gallup poll found the number of convinced atheists in China to be 61%, with a further 29% saying that they are not religious compared to just 7% who are religious.

Maybe they prefer to say no religion, just to be safe.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 19:51:11
ID: 1083570

AwesomeO said:

Bubblecar said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

In global terms, it’s more commonly the other way around. People will say they subscribe to this or that religion or denomination even though they don’t believe any of that crap and never go to church etc.

It’s only quite recently that simply stating you have no religion has become widely socially acceptable.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 19:52:22
ID: 1083571

Bubblecar said:

AwesomeO said:

Bubblecar said:

In global terms, it’s more commonly the other way around. People will say they subscribe to this or that religion or denomination even though they don’t believe any of that crap and never go to church etc.

It’s only quite recently that simply stating you have no religion has become widely socially acceptable.

I don’t disagree, just throwing out an alternative scenario and which is particularly applicable to China with a long and recent history of religious persecution.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 19:52:32
ID: 1083572

buffy said:

AwesomeO said:

party_pants said:

Alarmed at being run down & having your throat slit

Ahhhh, just a bit of bullying behavior, nothing to worry about while lining up at the AFL game, holding you clear plastic personal belongings bag, waiting to go through the metal detector.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 19:56:05
ID: 1083574

AwesomeO said:

Bubblecar said:

AwesomeO said:

I don’t disagree, just throwing out an alternative scenario and which is particularly applicable to China with a long and recent history of religious persecution.

A lot of nominal Taoists and Buddhists pay little heed to their supposed religion. My nephew’s partner (Taiwanese) and her family are nominally Taoists but they’re actually atheists.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 19:56:12
ID: 1083575

Bubblecar said:

I don’t think it’s correct to equate believing in Folk Religion with irreligiosity.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 19:57:25
ID: 1083576

white supremacists are a bigger threat, unless you happen to be a muslim in the middle east…

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 19:58:58
ID: 1083577

ChrispenEvan said:

white supremacists are a bigger threat, unless you happen to be a muslim in the middle east…

You ignorant dick.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 19:59:22
ID: 1083578

A bigger threat to who?

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 20:00:08
ID: 1083579

furious said:

• white supremacists are a bigger threat, unless you happen to be a muslim in the middle east…

A bigger threat to who?

Steve.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 20:00:31
ID: 1083580

furious said:

• white supremacists are a bigger threat, unless you happen to be a muslim in the middle east…

A bigger threat to who?

the people who aren’t terrorists.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 20:01:03
ID: 1083581

ChrispenEvan said:

I would suggest in a threat matrix you are wrong. So far the evidence is that those calling themselves Islamists are the bigger and more deadly threat. Now that may change if the religion of peace adherents actually get to do the spectacular that they have been attempting. So far the security services are ahead of them, plus Australia has some advantages with access to weapons and explosive components and a sophisticated monitoring capability.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 20:01:08
ID: 1083582

furious said:

A bigger threat to who?

White bearded old hippies in houso land imagine

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 21:03:01
ID: 1083616

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/datablog/ng-interactive/2017/jun/27/census-stories-how-has-your-town-or-suburb-changed-over-10-years?CMP=soc_567#

my area is expanding. not this street. not the universe. but the demographics.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 21:20:51
ID: 1083620

My region (Northern Midlands) has lost 364 people since 2006.

Being a fairly slow-moving country area, there’s still a lot of Anglicans (33.3%) who slightly outnumber the godless (a respectable 30.7%).

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 21:24:21
ID: 1083621

The population of this area was 33,028 people in 2016. This is an increase from 2006, when the population was 6,730.

The census was before I moved here.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 21:32:07
ID: 1083624

I believe it was the 2011 UK concensus that found the traditional land owners had become the minority in their capital city

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 21:37:23
ID: 1083627

party_pants said:

The population of this area was 33,028 people in 2016. This is an increase from 2006, when the population was 6,730.

we’ve grown by 135 people.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 21:40:58
ID: 1083629

ChrispenEvan said:

party_pants said:

My village was expected to grow by one person per 20 years when I first moved here almost 40 years ago.
There are actually no more people here now.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 21:42:13
ID: 1083630

roughbarked said:

ChrispenEvan said:

party_pants said:

My village was expected to grow by one person per 20 years when I first moved here almost 40 years ago.

where did they all go?

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 21:53:34
ID: 1083640

According to statistically significant trends, covering pre-millenium to present day data, the majority of indigenous Swedes alive today will witness a demographic change where-by they become the ethnic minotity in their homeland.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 22:01:42
ID: 1083645

Dutch is the second most spoken language in this area.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 22:11:49
ID: 1083654

sarahs mum said:

yah?

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 22:16:57
ID: 1083657

party_pants said:

sarahs mum said:

yah?

Whats the stats for Fairfield, Lakemba, Punchbowl, Auburn, hi density, dense population territories?

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 22:19:54
ID: 1083661

The_observer said:

party_pants said:

sarahs mum said:

yah?

Whats the stats for Fairfield, Lakemba, Punchbowl, Auburn, hi density, dense population territories?

I have no idea these places exist if they are not suburbs of Perth.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 22:25:53
ID: 1083667

party_pants said:

The_observer said:

party_pants said:

yah?

There suburbs of western Sydney, the Mecca of immigration in Australia. Unless you see it firsthand, you cannot have a realistic grasp on the reality of whats happening in regards to demographic change.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 22:28:40
ID: 1083668

The_observer said:

party_pants said:

The_observer said:

There suburbs of western Sydney, the Mecca of immigration in Australia. Unless you see it firsthand, you cannot have a realistic grasp on the reality of whats happening in regards to demographic change.

Acropolis now, was forever ago.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 22:31:26
ID: 1083669

roughbarked said:

The_observer said:

party_pants said:

Acropolis now, was forever ago.

Greek milkbars in Melbourne.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 22:49:56
ID: 1083675

party_pants said:

sarahs mum said:

yah?

Every election in this electorate the boxes come in and all the early ones show great enthusiasm for Labor and the Greens. And then Maranoa Heights votes. And the calvanists tip the vote to an Eric Abetz team player.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 22:53:07
ID: 1083677

The_observer said:

party_pants said:

The_observer said:

I remember when Uncle Geoff had a half acre in Cabrammatta and there was a farm in the backyard.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 22:54:23
ID: 1083678

The_observer said:

party_pants said:

The_observer said:

The figures don’t match what you are saying. I took the time to look up each suburb, population growth in each has only been in the order of 2000-4000 over the last 5 years, hardly makes them an immigration hotspot. 3 of the 4 have a significant Islamic response the the survey question because I presume this is where significant mosques reside. The other one has been stable at under 10% for the last 3 census.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 22:54:25
ID: 1083679

The_observer said:

party_pants said:

sarahs mum said:

yah?

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/datablog/ng-interactive/2017/jun/27/census-stories-how-has-your-town-or-suburb-changed-over-10-years?CMP=soc_567#

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 22:54:26
ID: 1083680

ChrispenEvan said:

roughbarked said:

ChrispenEvan said:

where did they all go?

I thought I’d get that question. Sorry. My bad. The population hasn’t increased.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 22:55:22
ID: 1083681

sarahs mum said:

party_pants said:

sarahs mum said:

yah?

Every election in this electorate the boxes come in and all the early ones show great enthusiasm for Labor and the Greens. And then Maranoa Heights votes. And the calvanists tip the vote to an Eric Abetz team player.

Are they Reformed or Free-Reformed denominations?

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 22:57:58
ID: 1083682

roughbarked said:

ChrispenEvan said:

roughbarked said:

where did they all go?

I thought I’d get that question. Sorry. My bad. The population hasn’t increased.

There have been no new houses built here other than to replace the one that was lost.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 22:59:05
ID: 1083683

sarahs mum said:

The_observer said:

party_pants said:

I remember when Uncle Geoff had a half acre in Cabrammatta and there was a farm in the backyard.

i remember sparrows in footscray before the greeks ate them all.

old melbourne saying.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 22:59:35
ID: 1083684

party_pants said:

sarahs mum said:

party_pants said:

yah?

Are they Reformed or Free-Reformed denominations?

Probably one of the Cthulhu adoring sects.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 23:00:17
ID: 1083685

sarahs mum said:

Here it was Italian, Sergi was the biggest name in the phone book but now it is probably more Singh.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 23:01:26
ID: 1083686

ChrispenEvan said:

sarahs mum said:

The_observer said:

old melbourne saying.

The Italians tried after the greeks but eventually, they sprayed the sparrows to stop them coming.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 23:03:29
ID: 1083687

roughbarked said:

sarahs mum said:

Here it was Italian, Sergi was the biggest name in the phone book but now it is probably more Singh.

It is kinda ironic. The Joneses fed theSergi’s the toothpaste on bread and now the Sergi’s own everything the Joneses had.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 23:09:01
ID: 1083688

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/half-of-australias-12000-syrian-and-iraqi-refugees-to-be-settled-by-just-one-sydney-council-20170116-gts7i0.html

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 23:12:38
ID: 1083689

ChrispenEvan said:

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/half-of-australias-12000-syrian-and-iraqi-refugees-to-be-settled-by-just-one-sydney-council-20170116-gts7i0.html

Article dated Jan 2016, six months after the Census. I guess this will show up in the next one.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 23:13:06
ID: 1083690

party_pants said:

ChrispenEvan said:

Article dated Jan 2016, six months after the Census. I guess this will show up in the next one.

Jan 2017

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 23:15:08
ID: 1083691

ChrispenEvan said:

We all should agree that this is a poofteenth of our actual population. It is also likely an outright lie. Settlement is more widespread these days.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 23:16:19
ID: 1083692

party_pants said:

party_pants said:

ChrispenEvan said:

Jan 2017

It is all about the 12,000 refugees the government were forced to agree to allow. They were never all going into the same suburb.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 23:18:10
ID: 1083693

party_pants said:

The_observer said:

party_pants said:

The figures don’t match what you are saying. I took the time to look up each suburb, population growth in each has only been in the order of 2000-4000 over the last 5 years, hardly makes them an immigration hotspot. 3 of the 4 have a significant Islamic response the the survey question because I presume this is where significant mosques reside. The other one has been stable at under 10% for the last 3 census.

I’m more than familiar with these areas thanks. Latham’s article in todays telegraph is both accurate & no doubt eye opening. Take a read.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 23:20:57
ID: 1083694

roughbarked said:

ChrispenEvan said:

sarahs mum said:

old melbourne saying.

The Italians tried after the greeks but eventually, they sprayed the sparrows to stop them coming.

Of course the Italians & Greeks had something in common with the locals. They were Christians.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 23:21:28
ID: 1083695

The_observer said:

party_pants said:

The_observer said:

I’m more than familiar with these areas thanks. Latham’s article in todays telegraph is both accurate & no doubt eye opening. Take a read.

Not that I’d ever bother reading any more Latham than I’ve seen to date.

People do tend to congregate in city areas because friends and relatives invite them. Nothing new here, move on. Everywhere else though and this is where the roots of the cities traditionally came from and will continue to. As people move out of the cities, their children move back in. The mix happens out in the country where people can actually be real.
Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 23:22:44
ID: 1083696

The_observer said:

roughbarked said:

ChrispenEvan said:

old melbourne saying.

Of course the Italians & Greeks had something in common with the locals. They were Christians.

We have had Muslims mixed with Aborigines and all other comers from before whe had motor cars.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 23:24:09
ID: 1083697

The_observer said:

party_pants said:

The_observer said:

You could move somewhere else if you don’t like it. my suburb is mostly Aussies, Poms, Kiwis and Yarpies.

The most common country of birth for people in this area in 2016 was Australia.

Country of birth
1. Australia 59.4%
2. United Kingdom, Channel Islands and Isle of Man 13.9%
3. New Zealand 6.3%
4. South Africa 2.7%
5. India 1.1%

Religions
1. Secular & no religious affiliation 38.9%
2. Catholic 17.1%
3. Anglican 15.1%
4. Christian, nfd 4.3%
5. Uniting Church 2.3%

You’ll love it here.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 23:27:50
ID: 1083698

There is this lady of Indian origin at the stupormarket. She never speaks other than the cost of the bill. Her name according to the tag is, Deep.
I’ve always been fascinated to watch her interact or not. One day a couple of her mates wallked in. I assume they must have been for she looked up, waved and said “owaryagoin’ mates”.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 23:33:36
ID: 1083700

The_observer said:

party_pants said:

The_observer said:

Everything Latham says of late miffs me.

Reply Quote

Date: 27/06/2017 23:36:11
ID: 1083702

sarahs mum said:

The_observer said:

party_pants said:

Everything Latham says of late miffs me.

Anything printed in the terrorgraph is to be taken with a kilo of salt.

Reply Quote

Date: 28/06/2017 07:07:50
ID: 1083734

Good, good. I am sure we’re all glad of this news of increase diversity. After all, that’s a core Australian value.

Reply Quote

Date: 28/06/2017 07:13:54
ID: 1083736

dv said:

Good, good. I am sure we’re all glad of this news of increase diversity. After all, that’s a core Australian value.

Unless you’re Pauline Hanson.

Reply Quote

Date: 28/06/2017 08:38:48
ID: 1083743

roughbarked said:

The_observer said:

party_pants said:

People do tend to congregate in city areas because friends and relatives invite them. Nothing new here, move on. Everywhere else though and this is where the roots of the cities traditionally came from and will continue to. As people move out of the cities, their children move back in. The mix happens out in the country where people can actually be real.

The Muslim population has doubled in the last 5 years & 40% of Australia’s muslim population live in sydney.

Reply Quote

Date: 28/06/2017 08:49:28
ID: 1083746

The_observer said:

roughbarked said:

The_observer said:

The Muslim population has doubled in the last 5 years & 40% of Australia’s muslim population live in sydney.

actually it hasn’t. 2006 census ~341 000. 2016 census ~604 000.

Reply Quote

Date: 28/06/2017 09:01:48
ID: 1083755

The_observer said:

roughbarked said:

The_observer said:

So it has doubled from 1 to 2 %?

and you reckon they are mostly in Sydney?

Reply Quote

Date: 28/06/2017 09:02:51
ID: 1083756

ChrispenEvan said:

The_observer said:

roughbarked said:

Ok, a 77% increase in just ten years,,, is too many from a culture that is so alien to ours

Reply Quote

Date: 28/06/2017 09:07:55
ID: 1083758

The_observer said:

ChrispenEvan said:

The_observer said:

Ok, a 77% increase in just ten years,,, is too many from a culture that is so alien to ours

Hmmmm so Bosnian Muslims have the same culture as Indonesian Muslims?

and I guess South American Catholics have the same culture as Australian Catholics.

:-)

Reply Quote

Date: 28/06/2017 12:37:03
ID: 1083822

The_observer said:

ChrispenEvan said:

The_observer said:

The culture isn’t so alien.

Reply Quote

Date: 28/06/2017 18:51:00
ID: 1083960

ChrispenEvan said:

Good

Reply Quote

Date: 30/06/2017 20:15:11
ID: 1084772

dv said:

ChrispenEvan said:

Good

Dr. Mitchell: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed said easiest way to win the long battle to take over the world with Sharia Law was through immigration.

Mitchell said Mohammed told him that America’s civil liberties and openness were “gifts from his god” and were the weaknesses and flaws necessary to carry out an infiltration of Sharia law throughout the West.

“Political correctness allows them to operate in our midst without being challenged,” he said, Like-minded Jihadi brothers would emigrate, wrap themselves in civil liberties for protection” and fund themselves through the welfare system, he said.

These trends, Mitchell said, could be reflected in terror attacks, like this week’s attack in Berlin.

He said the best way to hinder terrorists’ progress would be to “slow down immigration” from countries that support terrorism.

Reply Quote

Date: 30/06/2017 22:58:02
ID: 1084867

The_observer said:

dv said:

ChrispenEvan said:

Good

Dr. Mitchell: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed said easiest way to win the long battle to take over the world with Sharia Law was through immigration.

Mitchell said Mohammed told him that America’s civil liberties and openness were “gifts from his god” and were the weaknesses and flaws necessary to carry out an infiltration of Sharia law throughout the West.

“Political correctness allows them to operate in our midst without being challenged,” he said, Like-minded Jihadi brothers would emigrate, wrap themselves in civil liberties for protection” and fund themselves through the welfare system, he said.

These trends, Mitchell said, could be reflected in terror attacks, like this week’s attack in Berlin.

He said the best way to hinder terrorists’ progress would be to “slow down immigration” from countries that support terrorism.

Good-oh. Another 300-odd million to get to 50% of USA’s new population. Yep, that’d work. Let’s make it simple: migrate everyone from Indonesia. and everyone from Iraq and you might just about make it.

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2017 05:14:48
ID: 1084946

The_observer said:

dv said:

ChrispenEvan said:

Good

So at what time was Mitchell chatting with Mahommed?

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2017 11:06:25
ID: 1085040

roughbarked said:

The_observer said:

dv said:

Good

Presumably this is a reference to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Elmer_Mitchell

I would argue that Mitchell has it exactly the wrong way round. Isolating Muslims to countries where the government imposes the Islamic religion is the best way to enhance and encourage the push for the spread of “Sharia Law”, and the genuine implementation of multiculturalism is the best way to prevent it.

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2017 18:40:09
ID: 1085187

Michael V said:

The_observer said:

dv said:

Good

Good-oh. Another 300-odd million to get to 50% of USA’s new population. Yep, that’d work. Let’s make it simple: migrate everyone from Indonesia. and everyone from Iraq and you might just about make it.

How else could it be achieved?

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2017 18:51:17
ID: 1085198

Michael V said:

Michael V said:

The_observer said:

3.5 TO 4 children per muslim family to 1.3 children per traditional ethnic family is the xase in many European countries.

For example, most Sweeds alive today will witness their own race become a minority, to muslims.

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2017 18:59:52
ID: 1085202

The_observer said:

Michael V said:

Michael V said:

3.5 TO 4 children per muslim family to 1.3 children per traditional ethnic family is the xase in many European countries.

For example, most Sweeds alive today will witness their own race become a minority, to muslims.

Don’t know any Sweeds.

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2017 19:01:18
ID: 1085203

roughbarked said:

The_observer said:

Michael V said:

Don’t know any Sweeds.

They’re not even pturnips.

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2017 19:03:33
ID: 1085209

roughbarked said:

The_observer said:

Michael V said:

Don’t know any Sweeds.

How about Swedes then

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2017 19:07:58
ID: 1085214

The_observer said:

roughbarked said:

The_observer said:

Don’t know any Sweeds.

How about Swedes then

I don’t think it really matters. I think your argument has way too many holes in it. Look around you. See how many Muslims have no liking at all for the Daesh. See how many have no desire for Sharia law. These numbers will only grow. People tend to learn which side their bread is buttered on.

Years ago, 50 mph would kill lots of birds while driving down the roads. Today at 100 kmph, the birds have learned how to get out of the way.

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2017 19:09:50
ID: 1085218

The_observer said:

Michael V said:

Michael V said:

For example, most Sweds alive today will witness their own race become a minority, to muslims.

Switchereoo!

USA to Sweden. (Sweden has less than half the population of Australia and in any case has only around 5% Muslims, so your assertion is nonsense.)

Effectively I was questioning how one would get 300+ million Muslims to America without the USAsians actually noticing.

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2017 19:11:04
ID: 1085221

roughbarked said:

Years ago, 50 mph would kill lots of birds while driving down the roads. Today at 100 kmph, the birds have learned how to get out of the way.

Years ago elements of Islam were not as fundamentalist and as aggressive as they are, the evidence is Islam is getting more militant.

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2017 19:14:18
ID: 1085224

AwesomeO said:

roughbarked said:

Years ago elements of Islam were not as fundamentalist and as aggressive as they are, the evidence is Islam is getting more militant.

The rest of the world hasn’t missed a thing.

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2017 19:26:04
ID: 1085231

personally i would be worried about muslims if i were a muslim in a muslim countery. as it is i am actually, though not much, worried about christianist in “christian” countrys and RWNJ here.

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2017 19:34:14
ID: 1085234

roughbarked said:

AwesomeO said:

roughbarked said:

Protestantism: no need to feel guilty, as long as you don’t have too much fun.

Catholoicism: having fun is ok, but you need to feel guilty about it until you square things up via confession.

Islam: having fun is a sin. The end. Better to be pious. Best way to be pious: ensure that no-one else has fun.

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2017 19:37:31
ID: 1085237

mcgoon said:

roughbarked said:

AwesomeO said:

Protestantism: no need to feel guilty, as long as you don’t have too much fun.

Catholoicism: having fun is ok, but you need to feel guilty about it until you square things up via confession.

Islam: having fun is a sin. The end. Better to be pious. Best way to be pious: ensure that no-one else has fun.

I always thought presbyterianism was about ‘if you have fun then don’t stuff up because there is no forgiveness.’ That might have just been my family’s branch.

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2017 19:44:48
ID: 1085246

Michael V said:

The_observer said:

Michael V said:

For example, most Sweds alive today will witness their own race become a minority, to muslims.

Switchereoo!

USA to Sweden. (Sweden has less than half the population of Australia and in any case has only around 5% Muslims, so your assertion is nonsense.)

Effectively I was questioning how one would get 300+ million Muslims to America without the USAsians actually noticing.

Switcharoo roo roo

You started with the US, not me

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2017 19:48:59
ID: 1085250

The_observer said:

Michael V said:

The_observer said:

Switchereoo!

Switcharoo roo roo

You started with the US, not me

The UK presently has 100 sharia courts.

Reply Quote

Date: 2/07/2017 16:58:00
ID: 1085476

The Rev Dodgson said:

roughbarked said:

The_observer said:

Presumably this is a reference to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Elmer_Mitchell

I would argue that Mitchell has it exactly the wrong way round. Isolating Muslims to countries where the government imposes the Islamic religion is the best way to enhance and encourage the push for the spread of “Sharia Law”, and the genuine implementation of multiculturalism is the best way to prevent it.

What a joke, multiculturalism. As has been shown in sydney they live in enclaves, like Little Syria, sorry, Fairfield, & do not have any interest in assimilating, especially the larger their numbers get.

Raheel Raza puts radical islam into perspective in the 14 minute video ‘By The Numbers’: How Demographics Reveal the True Nature of Islam, The Untold Story of Muslim Opinions & Demographics

watch?v=pSPvnFDDQHk

Reply Quote

Date: 2/07/2017 17:05:24
ID: 1085477

The_observer said:

What a joke, multiculturalism. As has been shown in sydney they live in enclaves, like Little Syria, sorry, Fairfield, & do not have any interest in assimilating, especially the larger their numbers get.

Enclaves? Just like Jewish, Italian, Greeks etc before them Muslim Australians will soon ‘assimilate’ as you so delicately put it.

Reply Quote

Date: 2/07/2017 17:14:13
ID: 1085478

Witty Rejoinder said:

The_observer said:

Enclaves? Just like Jewish, Italian, Greeks etc before them Muslim Australians will soon ‘assimilate’ as you so delicately put it.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/property/the-suburb-with-43pc-poms-its-our-own-little-britain/news-story/44c2b065f04c4bd38bf8e87c72815662

Reply Quote

Date: 2/07/2017 17:29:45
ID: 1085480

Witty Rejoinder said:

The_observer said:

How many of the Jewish, Italian, Greeks etc have gone os to fight for ISIS? or try to kill people all around the world in the name of their religion?

Reply Quote

Date: 2/07/2017 17:36:05
ID: 1085481

The_observer said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

The_observer said:

How many of the Jewish, Italian, Greeks etc have gone os to fight for ISIS? or try to kill people all around the world in the name of their religion?

You’ll get no argument from me that there isn’t a current crisis in Islam but we were talking about ethnic enclaves, about which your contention has been refuted.

Reply Quote

Date: 2/07/2017 17:40:59
ID: 1085483

Witty Rejoinder said:

The_observer said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

You’ll get no argument from me that there isn’t a current crisis in Islam but we were talking about ethnic enclaves, about which your contention has been refuted.

You don’t get into the west of sydney too often do you son

Reply Quote

Date: 2/07/2017 17:44:47
ID: 1085485

The_observer said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

The_observer said:

Plenty of missionary work to do there, but these guys are up to it.

Reply Quote

Date: 2/07/2017 17:49:12
ID: 1085486

PermeateFree said:

The_observer said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

I recall you condoning the murder of the staff at charlie hebdo pf.

Reply Quote

Date: 2/07/2017 17:51:31
ID: 1085487

The_observer said:

PermeateFree said:

The_observer said:

Not really, just said I thought those who go out of their way to insult strongly held views are asking for trouble.

Reply Quote

Date: 2/07/2017 17:56:40
ID: 1085490

PermeateFree said:

The_observer said:

PermeateFree said:

Not really, just said I thought those who go out of their way to insult strongly held views are asking for trouble.

Well you deserve to die by that logic.

& you can forget about free speech in western countries then.

Reply Quote

Date: 2/07/2017 17:59:06
ID: 1085492

The_observer said:

PermeateFree said:

The_observer said:

Well you deserve to die by that logic.

& you can forget about free speech in western countries then.

Sorry Observer, but logic and you don’t go together.

Reply Quote

Date: 2/07/2017 22:23:19
ID: 1085603

The_observer said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

The_observer said:

How many of them have permanentyly changed other places by moving there and setting up camp?

Reply Quote