Date: 4/01/2018 08:45:12
ID: 1169241
Subject: Dream interpretation please.

Wow. Dreamt an entire new science fiction story last night. A good one.

Begins with travelling through Australia allocating importance values to large towns, based largely on population, separation and altitude. Then I’m bemoaning the fact that I can’t take a shortcut to the next town through an animal (ostrich?) pen. I could have taken a shortcut in by stepping over a short metal gate, but not out because of a padlocked metal gate with barbed wire. Then the view angle pans upwards until I see that the ground between here and the next town is boggy with shallow lakes and some waterbirds. I slowly realise that the shortcut would be dangerous enough now, deadly during flood time, which is why it is blocked off.

Actually the story starts earlier than that with me riding a bus through outback Australia, towards Sydney, marvelling at the wild birds on the lakes hundreds of metres off. There are familiar birds, cape barren geese and so forth, but large waterbirds that are rare where I live become more common, though still shy and difficult to identify, as I travel. Why does the wildlife change.

Back to the main thread of the story. I meet up with one of the policy makers, who was a premy baby born with syndactilly and other deformities affecting personality and the appearance of his head. Personalitywise he has less empathy and more developed logic than I have. He’s now a young adult and together we start on a project to map human personalities as I have been mapping towns. Personalities mapped as three-dimensional multicoloured hills.

Progressing into this I see a progression into policy makers who are being born more and more premature, with more or less empathy but generally less, more and less intelligent and logical but generally more. Policy makers are becoming harder than they used to be. And this concerns me, much as my inability to take a shortcut through the ostrich pen concerned me.

With the help of my policy maker and his friends, I take a break from mapping the here and now to map the past and future. Looking at the multicoloured personality mountains that are Newton and Einstein and projecting that to future people born more and more premature (the opposite of neoteny?) I see that in the distant future the important people become diamonds. Not just hard and logical but posessed of an inner beauty as well. The future is in good hands.

—————-

Now run that through a dream interpretation book and see what comes out.

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 08:50:21
ID: 1169248
Subject: re: Dream interpretation please.

>>Actually the story starts earlier than that with me riding a bus through outback Australia

I see.

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 08:52:14
ID: 1169250

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 08:53:18
ID: 1169251

Sounds like part of your dream is cataloguing your bird surveys and something to do with being locked out of possibly private property?

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 10:17:56
ID: 1169269

Personalities mapped as three-dimensional multicoloured hills.

Reminds me of the Beatles magical mystery tour,

I like that, smart phones have these infrared sensors that can see people as heat.

It would be great to point a smart phone at someone and get their personality map on the screen

I’d like to get a personality map of narkie snoop next door, that might validate some things.

Dreams are powerful, I can compose music in dreams, wake up and cannot do it.

I had a vivid dream the other day being in a hospital, the walls of the hospital room I was in were giant screens that showed electron views of various parts of me, I had to breathe in some bacteria spray, after the bacteria ate most of the smoke gunk in my lungs, small nano droids cleaned up the rest, fascinating to watch on the wall screens.

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 10:25:39
ID: 1169276

Tau.Neutrino said:

I’d like to get a personality map of narkie snoop next door, that might validate some things.

If you behaviour online is any reflection of your everyday personality methinks it’s you and not the neighbour who is unusual.

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 10:34:13
ID: 1169278

roughbarked said:

Sounds like part of your dream is cataloguing your bird surveys and something to do with being locked out of possibly private property?

Id use drones to help with bird surveys

program the drones with all known bird sounds

create an AI that can listen to the recordings in real time and identify and number all the birds in the area

then create a map for the drones to follow

maybe even create small solar powered bird listening devices that stay in parks and natural bush and transmit data every week

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 10:38:50
ID: 1169280

Witty Rejoinder said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

If you behaviour online is any reflection of your everyday personality methinks it’s you and not the neighbour who is unusual.

I dont want to detract from the thread, but if a toilet seat falls down accidentally after being put up then a neighbor reacts to that sound by letting off six fireworks two hours later at 11pm, banging the wall the next night at 10:30pm after I flush the toilet, then letting off another firecracker at one in the morning, I’d call that a bit unusual.

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 10:44:24
ID: 1169284

Tau.Neutrino said:

roughbarked said:

create an AI that can listen to the recordings in real time and identify and number all the birds in the area

maybe even create small solar powered bird listening devices that stay in parks and natural bush and transmit data every week

Then create a whole network of them all over Australia

link them all into one computer to see weekly results, monthly results, yearly results etc

young birds have different calls to adult birds, program the devices to listen to that well

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 10:46:47
ID: 1169285

Tau.Neutrino said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

roughbarked said:

link them all into one computer to see weekly results, monthly results, yearly results etc

young birds have different calls to adult birds, program the devices to listen to that well

expand it to listen to other animals, great for science

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 10:50:12
ID: 1169286

roughbarked said:

Yes it sounds like that, maybe the dream is reflecting data anxiety ?

As in not being able to access information ?

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 10:54:30
ID: 1169287

Tau.Neutrino said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

I dont want to detract from the thread, but if a toilet seat falls down accidentally after being put up then a neighbor reacts to that sound by letting off six fireworks two hours later at 11pm, banging the wall the next night at 10:30pm after I flush the toilet, then letting off another firecracker at one in the morning, I’d call that a bit unusual.

You can report the firecrackers to the police and tell them what times he let them off. At the corect time, flush the toilet and bang the lid, then look for the blue and red lights.

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 10:55:49
ID: 1169288

Tau.Neutrino said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

roughbarked said:

Surely you are aware of how drones upset birds and animals enough to either attack them or run from them.

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 10:59:37
ID: 1169290

Witty Rejoinder said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

Yet, Tau is a preferred forum poster in my books.

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 11:01:46
ID: 1169291

roughbarked said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

Surely you are aware of how drones upset birds and animals enough to either attack them or run from them.

There are very quiet camouflaged drones around.

The drones are not there to fire missiles at them, just to monitor them for population numbers.

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 11:05:38
ID: 1169292

Tau.Neutrino said:

roughbarked said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

The drones are not there to fire missiles at them, just to monitor them for population numbers.

Little quad copter drones, not predator type plane drones.

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 11:14:36
ID: 1169293

Tau.Neutrino said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

roughbarked said:

Little quad copter drones, not predator type plane drones.

the would have to be very quiet, blend in, and be passive devices

Designed from scratch

I dont think there is anything off the shelve that can do it yet

Seed idea > startup company > products.

Products

central database software

smart phone apps that can read a central database of all the listening devices all over Australia

stand alone solar powered environmental listening devices, all known bird calls and all known animal sounds

super quiet small drones that blend in and that can get to remote places that the stand alone devices cannot get to

thousands ofor millions of these devices cal deliver lots of science information

rises and falls in population

migration and movement, all kinds of other things

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 11:21:50
ID: 1169294

>>>Personalities mapped as three-dimensional multicoloured hills.

Would a personality map of a criminal be useful in a court?

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 11:24:15
ID: 1169296

Tau.Neutrino said:

no

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 11:34:09
ID: 1169301

Arts said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

no

MRI machines can read emotions now.

If emotions can be read, then its possible to create a personality map.

Emotions do drive a lot of criminal behavior.

Reading those emotions in court of a guilty person in court would be useful and strengthen the prosecutions case I would have thought.

A machine at the local police station would save a lot of time.

Is this person guilty > fMRI scan, emotion map > yes / no result.

I would have have thought it would speed things up.

Its still many years away.

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 12:14:06
ID: 1169318

Tau.Neutrino said:

Arts said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

no

Reading those emotions in court of a guilty person in court would be useful and strengthen the prosecutions case I would have thought.

In court you are innocent until proven guilty with facts and details. If I were charged with a crime ‘speeding things up’ would be the last thing I want. I’d want a thorough investigation.

The law is reason free from passion.

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 12:32:05
ID: 1169334

Arts said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

Arts said:

no

In court you are innocent until proven guilty with facts and details. If I were charged with a crime ‘speeding things up’ would be the last thing I want. I’d want a thorough investigation.

Yes, but a mind reading emotion mapping device would soon sort out if a person is of interest or not, guilty or innocent.

And provide a more detailed forensic of the criminal. Imagine the jury having access to everything the criminal knows.

As a creative thinker Im interested in this technology.

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 12:52:00
ID: 1169344

Tau.Neutrino said:

Arts said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

Yes, but a mind reading emotion mapping device would soon sort out if a person is of interest or not, guilty or innocent.

And provide a more detailed forensic of the criminal. Imagine the jury having access to everything the criminal knows.

If anyone had access to everything an accused knows, we wouldn’t need a jury.

Watch ‘minority report’ In that scenario the police know and capture people before the crime even happens.

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 13:14:22
ID: 1169360

Arts said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

Arts said:

Watch ‘minority report’ In that scenario the police know and capture people before the crime even happens.

I cannot see juries disappearing, they will still be useful to validate stamp a case

the future holds many discoveries

imagine a chip that prevents people committing a crime

I want to steal that diamond, then that memory gets deleted, person looks at diamond then walks away without stealing it.

A crime prevention AI chip would be more efficient than chasing criminals after the event.

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 13:20:22
ID: 1169365

Tau.Neutrino said:

Arts said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

I cannot see juries disappearing, they will still be useful to validate stamp a case

I want to steal that diamond, then that memory gets deleted, person looks at diamond then walks away without stealing it.

A crime prevention AI chip would be more efficient than chasing criminals after the event.

Are you good at drawing?

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 13:22:16
ID: 1169369

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-04/blue-marlin-exmouth-wa-game-fishing-grander-records/9303586

Comment section should be fun.

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 13:36:13
ID: 1169380

Michael V said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

Arts said:

Are you good at drawing?

Maybe you could draw mollwollfumble’s dream interpretation.

I’m going to listen to Goat Girl in the music room.

and ponder over who they murdered in the video.

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 13:37:58
ID: 1169384

juries are only used if there accused don’t plea guilty

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 13:38:51
ID: 1169385

Arts said:

*the

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 13:39:35
ID: 1169386

Arts said:

ok

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 13:45:00
ID: 1169389

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 13:46:08
ID: 1169391

>>>that in the distant future the important people become diamonds.

Do you mean transparent like but in body form and able to move around as a person.

Robots would look good like that too.

Imagine a Jennifer Lawrence looking robot like that, put your hand in and it feels like running water, gleaming in the dark night.

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 13:47:58
ID: 1169392

Tau.Neutrino said:

Imagine a Jennifer Lawrence looking robot like that, put your hand in and it feels like running water, gleaming in the dark night.

dude

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 13:49:43
ID: 1169397

dv said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

dude

Alright, I’ll stop.

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 13:53:40
ID: 1169400

Tau.Neutrino said:

dv said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

dude

Alright, I’ll stop.

too late…

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 18:33:46
ID: 1169522

Tau.Neutrino said:

roughbarked said:

Hadn’t thought of my bird surveys being part of the dream – but it really is.

I don’t see any problem with using stationary microphones “small solar powered bird listening devices” to record bird sounds rather than noisy drones. Say a network of 1,000 camouflaged microphones across 1,000 square km.

Something similar has already been done with video cameras for counting animals in the Serengeti.

I can immediately think of five locations where I’d dearly like to place a microphone that is accessible by internet from home. Why those five, because I strongly suspect all five to have golden whistlers or rufous whistlers, and to sort out a real bird calls from a rufous whistler imitating the bird call from a golden whistler imitating the bird call is a task that would try the patience of a saint – unless done in software.

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 18:43:28
ID: 1169526

Arts said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

no

Only if it could be done surreptitiously, without the perpetrator’s knowledge.

Criminal profiling worked for a while. That’s a type of crude personality map.

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 18:44:05
ID: 1169527

mollwollfumble said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

roughbarked said:

Hadn’t thought of my bird surveys being part of the dream – but it really is.

I don’t see any problem with using stationary microphones “small solar powered bird listening devices” to record bird sounds rather than noisy drones. Say a network of 1,000 camouflaged microphones across 1,000 square km.

Something similar has already been done with video cameras for counting animals in the Serengeti.

I can immediately think of five locations where I’d dearly like to place a microphone that is accessible by internet from home. Why those five, because I strongly suspect all five to have golden whistlers or rufous whistlers, and to sort out a real bird calls from a rufous whistler imitating the bird call from a golden whistler imitating the bird call is a task that would try the patience of a saint – unless done in software.

Some years ago I saw the male Golden Whistler right next to Rufus Whistler on the same branch (about 30 cm apart or so) and behind each male was the female. A sighting you only see once.

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 18:47:46
ID: 1169528

“imagine a chip that prevents people committing a crime. I want to steal that diamond, then that memory gets deleted, person looks at diamond then walks away without stealing it. A crime prevention AI chip would be more efficient than chasing criminals after the event.”

Dang it that does make good sense. Wish I’d thought of it.

The types of crimes I’m specifically thinking of are those associated with spur-of-the-moment damage associated with fury, like smashing an irreplaceable art object or running down pedestrians in Flinders Street.

Reply Quote

Date: 4/01/2018 20:44:46
ID: 1169583

mollwollfumble said:

Arts said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

no

Only if it could be done surreptitiously, without the perpetrator’s knowledge.

Criminal profiling worked for a while. That’s a type of crude personality map.

Criminal profiling still ‘works’ but it’s not a indicator of guilt, just type

Reply Quote

Date: 7/01/2018 18:50:41
ID: 1170859

Since I’ve been using Sleepy by Lush, I’ve had the strangest dreams.

Reply Quote

Date: 7/01/2018 20:02:58
ID: 1170897

Divine Angel said:

What’s “Sleepy by Lush”?

Reply Quote

Date: 7/01/2018 20:24:26
ID: 1170924

Michael V said:

Divine Angel said:

What’s “Sleepy by Lush”?

A body lotion, supposedly “cures” insomnia. According to some aficionados.

“You’ll sleep well after dipping into this dreamy lotion, made with a gentle oatmeal infusion, calming lavender flower and comfortingly sweet tonka absolute. A rich, malty and floral perfume conjures up visions of sugar plums and hot drinks topped with whipped cream while the heavenly ministrations of creamy Fair Trade organic cocoa butter and delicate lavender water cool and enrich the skin. Blanket your body in this lovely lotion before stepping into soft pyjamas for snuggly nights beside the fire.”

https://au.lush.com/products/sleepy

Reply Quote

Date: 7/01/2018 20:29:37
ID: 1170933

Michael V said:

Michael V said:

Divine Angel said:

What’s “Sleepy by Lush”?

“You’ll sleep well after dipping into this dreamy lotion, made with a gentle oatmeal infusion, calming lavender flower and comfortingly sweet tonka absolute. A rich, malty and floral perfume conjures up visions of sugar plums and hot drinks topped with whipped cream while the heavenly ministrations of creamy Fair Trade organic cocoa butter and delicate lavender water cool and enrich the skin. Blanket your body in this lovely lotion before stepping into soft pyjamas for snuggly nights beside the fire.”

this guy who answers his own questions.. the real MVP

Reply Quote

Date: 7/01/2018 20:37:52
ID: 1170952

Arts said:

Michael V said:

Michael V said:

What’s “Sleepy by Lush”?

Well, I could see DA didn’t, so I did some searching.

What’s an MVP?

Reply Quote

Date: 7/01/2018 20:40:59
ID: 1170957

Michael V said:

Arts said:

Michael V said:

What’s an MVP?

MVP – most valuable player… but in your case Michael V Perfect

Reply Quote

Date: 7/01/2018 20:42:24
ID: 1170960

Arts said:

Michael V said:

Arts said:

What’s an MVP?

I thought ‘perfect’ was his middle name?…. or is that ‘danger’?…

Reply Quote

Date: 7/01/2018 20:44:09
ID: 1170962

Arts said:

Michael V said:

Arts said:

What’s an MVP?

:)

Ta

:)

Reply Quote