Date: 14/01/2018 20:41:36
From: sarahs mum
ID: 1174397
Subject: why do birds?

http://nautil.us/issue/56/perspective/what-pigeons-teach-us-about-love-rp

Reply Quote

Date: 14/01/2018 20:49:47
From: dv
ID: 1174405
Subject: re: why do birds?

Love is just about the most simple, basic thing that the human brain does.

Reply Quote

Date: 14/01/2018 20:51:09
From: sarahs mum
ID: 1174410
Subject: re: why do birds?

dv said:


Love is just about the most simple, basic thing that the human brain does.

I think I am cured.

Reply Quote

Date: 14/01/2018 20:51:14
From: PermeateFree
ID: 1174411
Subject: re: why do birds?

dv said:


Love is just about the most simple, basic thing that the human brain does.

Except for psychopaths.

Reply Quote

Date: 14/01/2018 20:51:31
From: captain_spalding
ID: 1174412
Subject: re: why do birds?

dv said:


Love is just about the most simple, basic thing that the human brain does.

Chemical imbalance.

Reply Quote

Date: 14/01/2018 20:52:39
From: sarahs mum
ID: 1174413
Subject: re: why do birds?

captain_spalding said:


dv said:

Love is just about the most simple, basic thing that the human brain does.

Chemical imbalance.

birds too.

Reply Quote

Date: 14/01/2018 20:55:40
From: sarahs mum
ID: 1174414
Subject: re: why do birds?

Reply Quote

Date: 14/01/2018 20:57:15
From: AwesomeO
ID: 1174416
Subject: re: why do birds?

…suddenly appear

Reply Quote

Date: 14/01/2018 20:57:51
From: dv
ID: 1174417
Subject: re: why do birds?

Set a course for adventure
you might find a neuromance

Reply Quote

Date: 14/01/2018 21:02:59
From: Stumpy_seahorse
ID: 1174419
Subject: re: why do birds?

Reply Quote

Date: 15/01/2018 04:41:07
From: mollwollfumble
ID: 1174531
Subject: re: why do birds?

sarahs mum said:


http://nautil.us/issue/56/perspective/what-pigeons-teach-us-about-love-rp

What pigeons teach us about love is that male pigeons are terrified of their wives!

This came out in a study about whether pigeons use absolute time or relative time in determining how long to sit on the nest.

And is confirmed by the sport of pigeon racing – how fast a male pigeon flies back to the nest is determined by how terrified of his wife he is. The more terrified he is, the faster he flies.

Reply Quote

Date: 15/01/2018 06:01:56
From: mollwollfumble
ID: 1174533
Subject: re: why do birds?

mollwollfumble said:


sarahs mum said:

http://nautil.us/issue/56/perspective/what-pigeons-teach-us-about-love-rp

What pigeons teach us about love is that male pigeons are terrified of their wives!

This came out in a study about whether pigeons use absolute time or relative time in determining how long to sit on the nest.

And is confirmed by the sport of pigeon racing – how fast a male pigeon flies back to the nest is determined by how terrified of his wife he is. The more terrified he is, the faster he flies.

> He gave every impression of wanting to flee—but not without his mate, at whom he looked back with apparent concern.

Yep. Confirmation.

Reply Quote

Date: 15/01/2018 10:37:09
From: kii
ID: 1174577
Subject: re: why do birds?

sarahs mum said:



Harold and Maude. My favourite.

Reply Quote

Date: 15/01/2018 10:40:03
From: kii
ID: 1174578
Subject: re: why do birds?

sarahs mum said:


dv said:

Love is just about the most simple, basic thing that the human brain does.

I think I am cured.


Look beyond romantic love.

Saying that…I love 3 people. Husband, son#1 and son#2.

Reply Quote

Date: 15/01/2018 10:41:28
From: Tau.Neutrino
ID: 1174579
Subject: re: why do birds?

What terrifies the male pigeons about their wives?

Hours of nagging?

Domestic Violence?

Being murdered in their sleep?

Reply Quote

Date: 15/01/2018 10:44:11
From: kii
ID: 1174581
Subject: re: why do birds?

Tau.Neutrino said:


What terrifies the male pigeons about their wives?

Hours of nagging?

Domestic Violence?

Being murdered in their sleep?

Maybe the fact that they’re not actually married?

Reply Quote

Date: 15/01/2018 10:55:10
From: Tau.Neutrino
ID: 1174587
Subject: re: why do birds?

kii said:


Tau.Neutrino said:

What terrifies the male pigeons about their wives?

Hours of nagging?

Domestic Violence?

Being murdered in their sleep?

Maybe the fact that they’re not actually married?

Ah, ok.

Reply Quote

Date: 16/01/2018 05:48:24
From: mollwollfumble
ID: 1175067
Subject: re: why do birds?

Tau.Neutrino said:


What terrifies the male pigeons about their wives?

Hours of nagging?

Domestic Violence?

Being murdered in their sleep?

Hours of nagging – definitely yes! That was observed in a scientific study on pigeons.

Domestic Violence – possibly, a pigeon can deliver quite a hefty blow with those wings.

Being murdered in their sleep – unlikely.

Reply Quote