Date: 12/04/2018 14:48:46
ID: 1212053
Subject: E-cigarettes found to cause as much DNA damage as unfiltered cigarettes

A new study from the University of Connecticut has found the vapor from electronic cigarettes, or e-cigarettes – which are often seen and marketed as a safer alternative – can cause as much DNA damage as smoke from tobacco cigarettes. The results surprised the researchers, who concluded that e-cigarettes are “potentially as harmful as tobacco cigarettes.”

https://newatlas.com/e-cigarettes-harmful-dna-damage/50009/

Reply Quote

Date: 12/04/2018 17:41:49
ID: 1212108
Subject: re: E-cigarettes found to cause as much DNA damage as unfiltered cigarettes

Breathing can be dangerous.

Reply Quote

Date: 12/04/2018 17:52:44
ID: 1212114
Subject: re: E-cigarettes found to cause as much DNA damage as unfiltered cigarettes

roughbarked said:

Yes, give it away and you could also die. What to do, what to do?

Reply Quote

Date: 12/04/2018 17:54:37
ID: 1212115

PermeateFree said:

roughbarked said:

Yes, give it away and you could also die. What to do, what to do?

Live where the air is cleaner I suppose.

Reply Quote

Date: 12/04/2018 18:50:35
ID: 1212140

As the article notes: “the majority of studies have suggested that e-cigarettes are safer than tobacco smoking.”

So, that is very likely the case.

Reply Quote

Date: 12/04/2018 18:55:54
ID: 1212145

dv said:

As the article notes: “the majority of studies have suggested that e-cigarettes are safer than tobacco smoking.”

Aye, we shouldn’t be surprised if various risks associated with long-term vaping are eventually identified, but it’s reasonable to expect it will still be considered much safer than smoking.

Reply Quote

Date: 12/04/2018 18:57:41
ID: 1212147

dv said:

I think it possible that vaping cannabis was popular before vaping nicotine. Think ir was also for the same reason?

Reply Quote

Date: 12/04/2018 19:01:10
ID: 1212152

I think it possible that vaping cannabis was popular before vaping nicotine

-

I don’t

Reply Quote

Date: 12/04/2018 19:04:22
ID: 1212154

Ian said:

I think it possible that vaping cannabis was popular before vaping nicotine

-

I don’t

OK.

Reply Quote

Date: 12/04/2018 19:16:05
ID: 1212161

Speaking from experience, vaping with nic is much less harmful to your health than smoking
I personally havent tried ecigs (which are different to vaping) but I know that convincing my mum that vaping is equivalent to smoking would be bloody difficult, she has seen the difference in my health since I started vaping, she even suggested sending my nic concentrate to her place as customs often confiscates it into Qld where it is illegal to import (but not possess) whereas mums place its quite ok under current rules

Reply Quote

Date: 12/04/2018 19:33:48
ID: 1212179

From link in original post.

“In 2016, the Royal College of Physicians concluded that the long-term health hazards of e-cigarettes are unlikely to exceed 5 percent of the harm from smoking tobacco.”

Reply Quote

Date: 12/04/2018 20:35:32
ID: 1212234

mollwollfumble said:

“In 2016, the Royal College of Physicians concluded that the long-term health hazards of e-cigarettes are unlikely to exceed 5 percent of the harm from smoking tobacco.”

The full quote:

>>In 2016, the Royal College of Physicians concluded that the long-term health hazards of e-cigarettes are “unlikely to exceed 5 percent of the harm from smoking tobacco.” But despite e-cigarettes seeming to be a safer alternative to smoking tobacco, we do still see studies warning of the dangers from inhaling e-cig vapors. A study in 2015 found e-cig vapor to contain the same damaging free radicals found in tobacco smoke, albeit in much lower quantities, and a recent study found e-cigarettes could pose a risk to cardiovascular health, though again, probably much less than tobacco smoking.<<

Reply Quote

Date: 12/04/2018 20:37:11
ID: 1212237

PermeateFree said:

mollwollfumble said:

The full quote:

>>In 2016, the Royal College of Physicians concluded that the long-term health hazards of e-cigarettes are “unlikely to exceed 5 percent of the harm from smoking tobacco.” But despite e-cigarettes seeming to be a safer alternative to smoking tobacco, we do still see studies warning of the dangers from inhaling e-cig vapors. A study in 2015 found e-cig vapor to contain the same damaging free radicals found in tobacco smoke, albeit in much lower quantities, and a recent study found e-cigarettes could pose a risk to cardiovascular health, though again, probably much less than tobacco smoking.<<

They said thta about second hand smoke back in the day.

Reply Quote