Date: 18/04/2018 11:59:21
ID: 1214144
Subject: World's first app controlled space telescope

The NewSpace Revolution is About to Bring us Tiny Space Telescopes we can all Control

One of the defining characteristics of the modern era of space exploration is the way the public and private aerospace companies (colloquially referred to as the NewSpace industry) and are taking part like never before. Thanks to cheaper launch services and the development of small satellites that can be built using off-the-shelf electronics (aka. CubeSats and microsats), universities and research institutions are also able to conduct research in space.

more…

Reply Quote

Date: 18/04/2018 12:15:17
ID: 1214145
Subject: re: World's first app controlled space telescope

Tau.Neutrino said:

The NewSpace Revolution is About to Bring us Tiny Space Telescopes we can all Control

One of the defining characteristics of the modern era of space exploration is the way the public and private aerospace companies (colloquially referred to as the NewSpace industry) and are taking part like never before. Thanks to cheaper launch services and the development of small satellites that can be built using off-the-shelf electronics (aka. CubeSats and microsats), universities and research institutions are also able to conduct research in space.

more…

Imagine if you had the free version loaded with ads and they were connected with haemorrhoids commercials and kept threatening to make you like at Uranus

Reply Quote

Date: 18/04/2018 13:11:32
ID: 1214151

Cymek said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

more…

Imagine if you had the free version loaded with ads and they were connected with haemorrhoids commercials and kept threatening to make you like at Uranus

Great, now when the uni students ‘moon’ you, they really will moon you….

Reply Quote

Date: 18/04/2018 14:15:40
ID: 1214190

Cymek said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

more…

Some people are into selfies of their butts which is a rather strange attraction to geometry while other people are “into volcanoes” on other solar system planets and moons like Ceres, Mars, Mercury, Venus, Earth’s Moon, Io, Saturn and millions of Exoplanets. Imagine looking at a volcano eruption on an exoplanet while millions of other people look at their butts. What a universe!

Reply Quote

Date: 18/04/2018 14:41:36
ID: 1214202

Tau.Neutrino said:

more…

Just imagine the length of the scheduling queue.

It’s bad enough with telescopes now trying to get time on them. They tend to be be booked out a year in advance.

Reply Quote

Date: 24/04/2018 13:40:10
ID: 1216450

I think they really need a space array of telescopes something like ten thousand space telescopes.

Ten thousand or more.

Reply Quote

Date: 24/04/2018 13:41:00
ID: 1216451

Tau.Neutrino said:

I think they really need a space array of telescopes something like ten thousand space telescopes.

Ten thousand or more.

I think that might be prohibitively expensive.

Reply Quote

Date: 24/04/2018 13:54:15
ID: 1216459

dv said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

Ten thousand or more.

I think that might be prohibitively expensive.

Yes, at the moment, maybe one day space telescopes can be 3D printed to reduce their cost.

I wonder if its possible to 3D print glass?

What size telescope would be ideal for everyday space gazing in space?

Reply Quote

Date: 24/04/2018 14:01:30
ID: 1216461

Slightly different topic but it is an app

I wonder if its possible to create an app that you point at a point of light in space (natural objects) and it could tell you when that light is from. Everything we look at in the sky is from the past so I wonder if you could be reasonably precise about when in the past. I imagine the closer the object the more precise

Reply Quote

Date: 24/04/2018 14:05:46
ID: 1216462

Cymek said:

I wonder if its possible to create an app that you point at a point of light in space (natural objects) and it could tell you when that light is from. Everything we look at in the sky is from the past so I wonder if you could be reasonably precise about when in the past. I imagine the closer the object the more precise

That should be fairly straightforward; there are already apps that name the stars (including planets and non-star celestial bodies) you point your phone camera at, and we’ve got detailed lists of how far away most (all?) stars (etc) are, so tying the two together should be simple.

Reply Quote

Date: 24/04/2018 14:12:55
ID: 1216465

btm said:

Cymek said:

That should be fairly straightforward; there are already apps that name the stars (including planets and non-star celestial bodies) you point your phone camera at, and we’ve got detailed lists of how far away most (all?) stars (etc) are, so tying the two together should be simple.

That’s what I thought and you could have a link to events that occurred on that day/year on Earth (why I don’t know just because)

Reply Quote

Date: 24/04/2018 14:14:11
ID: 1216469

I don’t think that newspaper archives go back that far…

Reply Quote

Date: 24/04/2018 14:16:22
ID: 1216471

furious said:

• That’s what I thought and you could have a link to events that occurred on that day/year on Earth (why I don’t know just because)

I don’t think that newspaper archives go back that far…

Not for most objects but some

Reply Quote