Date: 21/06/2018 00:31:29
ID: 1242326
Subject: Plastic bag bans: How they stack up with the alternatives and it's not good

>>For any states still able to get their hands on single-use shopping bags, the party comes to an end today in Woolworths, and on July 1 in Coles and IGA stores nationwide.

Also on July 1, Queensland and Western Australia will be joining the Northern Territory, the ACT, Tasmania and South Australia in a total statewide ban on the bags.

So with the writing on the wall, we can either pay for heavy-duty plastic bags, or start bringing our own.<<

http://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2018-06-20/plastic-bag-ban-options/9874474

I went to Wollies today and they were selling hundreds of green re-usable bags, clearly Wollies were making good profits, but is it just a scam to extract more money from the consumer?

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 00:44:01
ID: 1242327
Subject: re: Plastic bag bans: How they stack up with the alternatives and it's not good

For some reason WA started on June 20 rather than a nice convenient date like 1 July.

I too went to Woolworths today and they were also doing a roaring trade in bags for people that forgot to bring any.

I myself forgot to grab them out of the car and only remembered as I was halfway across the car park. Had to turn around and go back to the car to fetch them.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 00:47:28
ID: 1242328
Subject: re: Plastic bag bans: How they stack up with the alternatives and it's not good

party_pants said:

For some reason WA started on June 20 rather than a nice convenient date like 1 July.

I too went to Woolworths today and they were also doing a roaring trade in bags for people that forgot to bring any.

I myself forgot to grab them out of the car and only remembered as I was halfway across the car park. Had to turn around and go back to the car to fetch them.

Yes, unlike the OP I don’t think it is any conspiracy to sell bags. Just a lot of people who like me, ordinarily go in, do shopping and expecting bags getting caught short and saying yeah, I’ll buy some bags.

Why they being the supermarkets decided to do so is down to pressure from environmentalists, I don’t think it was down to any government legislation.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 00:50:50
ID: 1242329

AwesomeO said:

party_pants said:

Yes, unlike the OP I don’t think it is any conspiracy to sell bags. Just a lot of people who like me, ordinarily go in, do shopping and expecting bags getting caught short and saying yeah, I’ll buy some bags.

Why they being the supermarkets decided to do so is down to pressure from environmentalists, I don’t think it was down to any government legislation.

Pretty sure it is law here. Legislation is down to pressure from environment groups.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 00:53:01
ID: 1242330

Ignore me. I was wrong.

I looked it up, legislation is a ban from 1 July, but Woolworths went 10 days early with June 20 just to clear the backlog.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 00:53:32
ID: 1242331

AwesomeO said:

party_pants said:

More like pseudo-environmentalists. Scientific tests on alternatives bags tend to be less environmentally suitable.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 00:53:57
ID: 1242332

party_pants said:

AwesomeO said:

party_pants said:

Pretty sure it is law here. Legislation is down to pressure from environment groups.

Fair enough, It’s definately down to pressure groups, I just didn’t know that it had reached state or federal legislating level.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 00:54:48
ID: 1242333

party_pants said:

Ignore me. I was wrong.

I looked it up, legislation is a ban from 1 July, but Woolworths went 10 days early with June 20 just to clear the backlog.

Okely dokely.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 00:57:44
ID: 1242334

party_pants said:

Doesn’t happen when you walk to the shops like me.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 00:58:09
ID: 1242335

party_pants said:

I’ve been using my own bags since I was in Australia. I would put them at the front door so I literally had to trip over them if I wanted to leave the house.

Now they are kept in the car. I get out, open the back up, take bags out.

All you have to do is train yourself. Not that hard.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 00:58:13
ID: 1242336

PermeateFree said:

AwesomeO said:

party_pants said:

More like pseudo-environmentalists. Scientific tests on alternatives bags tend to be less environmentally suitable.

In what way?

I thought the intention was to prevent littering so these lightweight bags don’t end up in forests and waterways. I have no great problem with green bags ending up in landfill after 25 uses.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 00:58:46
ID: 1242337

PermeateFree said:

Insulated zip-up bags of the kind I use can be used hundreds of times.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 00:59:34
ID: 1242338

Bubblecar said:

party_pants said:

Well it can if you walk to the shops expecting it to be bagged for you in “free” plastic bags then finding out they don’t anymore.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 01:01:13
ID: 1242339

kii said:

party_pants said:

I’ve been using my own bags since I was in Australia. I would put them at the front door so I literally had to trip over them if I wanted to leave the house.

Now they are kept in the car. I get out, open the back up, take bags out.

All you have to do is train yourself. Not that hard.

Ironically I stopped using them so I could stock up on plastic bags prior to the ban, for use as bin liners and the wrap other rubbish etc. I used to bring my own bags prior to that but always found I need a few plastic bags around the home.

I’m just getting back into practice again now. Hence I keep some in the car at all times now.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 01:03:02
ID: 1242340

AwesomeO said:

Bubblecar said:

party_pants said:

Well it can if you walk to the shops expecting it to be bagged for you in “free” plastic bags then finding out they don’t anymore.

They haven’t done it in Tasmania for many years.

And even when they still did, I used heavy duty green bags because they’re much stronger.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 01:03:37
ID: 1242341

AwesomeO said:

Bubblecar said:

party_pants said:

Well, don’t walk to the shops expecting it to be bagged for you. I haven’t for at least 18 years.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 01:04:20
ID: 1242342

Bubblecar said:

PermeateFree said:

This style:

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 01:05:14
ID: 1242343

Bubblecar said:

AwesomeO said:

Bubblecar said:

And even when they still did, I used heavy duty green bags because they’re much stronger.

When I lived in walking distance to the shops I found that green bags were the way to go. I used to do 4 of them.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 01:07:08
ID: 1242345

Bubblecar said:

AwesomeO said:

Bubblecar said:

There ya go, I didn’t know it was already happening in Tasmania. Here on the mainland until recently you could go to any of the big retailers without any bags and leave with stuff bagged. It’s not a indictment on people that in the first few weeks some people will be caught unawares.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 01:16:50
ID: 1242349

party_pants said:

PermeateFree said:

AwesomeO said:

In what way?

I thought the intention was to prevent littering so these lightweight bags don’t end up in forests and waterways. I have no great problem with green bags ending up in landfill after 25 uses.

Well if you read the article of the link I posted in my OP it will tell you.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 01:19:50
ID: 1242351

Bubblecar said:

Bubblecar said:

PermeateFree said:

This style:

More about what it is made of, if you read the article in the OP it will tell how good it really is.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 01:23:37
ID: 1242354

PermeateFree said:

party_pants said:

PermeateFree said:

In what way?

It’s not about energy consumption, it is about cutting down on litter.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 01:25:18
ID: 1242356

party_pants said:

PermeateFree said:

party_pants said:

In what way?

Read it all. Numerous factors are involved and the environment is more than litter on its own.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 01:31:59
ID: 1242359

PermeateFree said:

party_pants said:

PermeateFree said:

Read it all. Numerous factors are involved and the environment is more than litter on its own.

I have read it. The article mentions the reason why plastic bags are getting banned is to reduce litter. About 1% of them end up as litter. We use nearly 4 billion of the damn things per year, so that is 40 million that end up as litter. This is the reason why they are being banned.

Considerations about energy use and water consumption is for advanced players only and is addition to the legislation.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 01:39:56
ID: 1242360

party_pants said:

PermeateFree said:

party_pants said:

I have read it. The article mentions the reason why plastic bags are getting banned is to reduce litter. About 1% of them end up as litter. We use nearly 4 billion of the damn things per year, so that is 40 million that end up as litter. This is the reason why they are being banned.

Considerations about energy use and water consumption is for advanced players only and is addition to the legislation.

The number of usages of the heavier grade plastic is important as it will take not only longer to break down, plus produce a considerable amount of waste in comparison to the light weight plastic bags.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 01:48:10
ID: 1242362

PermeateFree said:

party_pants said:

PermeateFree said:

The number of usages of the heavier grade plastic is important as it will take not only longer to break down, plus produce a considerable amount of waste in comparison to the light weight plastic bags.

Yeah I get all that. I just don’t think that it is quite as important as you make it out to be. To me it doesn’t really matter how long the alternative bags take to break down if they end up in controlled landfill rather than as litter, they are being sequestered.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 01:51:09
ID: 1242363

party_pants said:

PermeateFree said:

party_pants said:

Yeah I get all that. I just don’t think that it is quite as important as you make it out to be. To me it doesn’t really matter how long the alternative bags take to break down if they end up in controlled landfill rather than as litter, they are being sequestered.

What makes you think that the same percentage or even greater wont end up in the environment?

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 01:55:50
ID: 1242364

PermeateFree said:

party_pants said:

PermeateFree said:

What makes you think that the same percentage or even greater wont end up in the environment?

I might add that the results of the test are not my opinion, but the results of the research.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 02:01:42
ID: 1242366

PermeateFree said:

party_pants said:

PermeateFree said:

Because people will learn to reuse bags, and will reuse them till they wear out. After which they will go in the wheelie bin and off to landfill. Being heavy duty they will be less likely to fall apart during use and be discarded, or escape in strong winds or similar ways on which they end up as litter. If they survive the journey from supermarket to home at a higher rate than lightweight plastic bags they will be less likely to end up as litter.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 02:07:30
ID: 1242368

party_pants said:

PermeateFree said:

party_pants said:

Because people will learn to reuse bags, and will reuse them till they wear out. After which they will go in the wheelie bin and off to landfill. Being heavy duty they will be less likely to fall apart during use and be discarded, or escape in strong winds or similar ways on which they end up as litter. If they survive the journey from supermarket to home at a higher rate than lightweight plastic bags they will be less likely to end up as litter.

No, what will happen is people will spill stuff in them and will not be bothered to clean them out, it will not be everyone, but it will be a number. A dollar is not much money to many people these days.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 02:19:44
ID: 1242369

PermeateFree said:

party_pants said:

PermeateFree said:

No, what will happen is people will spill stuff in them and will not be bothered to clean them out, it will not be everyone, but it will be a number. A dollar is not much money to many people these days.

But they will still carry them home, and then dispose of them.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 02:21:13
ID: 1242370

eBay > cloth bags > shopping

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 02:30:21
ID: 1242371

party_pants said:

PermeateFree said:

party_pants said:

But they will still carry them home, and then dispose of them.

You might and most people would, but if you think they all would, then you haven’t seen some of the people I have, which I might add are also likely to be the ones that litter with other stuff too, including the light polybags.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 06:58:22
ID: 1242377

I took my own cloth bag to the supey the other day. I put a bottle of milk in… which fell straight through the bag. I had to buy another bag.

Yesterday when I was at Woolies they gave me a tag to hang from my rear view mirror reminding me to bring my green bags.

Krispy has been using biodegradable bags forever. Last week I asked a friend who still works there if they had gotten rid of those bags, as they are banned as well under the QLD ban. She said no one has said anything about th bags… so I guess they’re staying. They’re a thicker plastic than supermarket bags and apparently biodegradable within 2-5 years (I once researched the company who supplied them). Krispy also sell blue enviro bags for $1.50, of which 50c is donated to Make A Wish.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 07:04:23
ID: 1242380

Divine Angel said:

I took my own cloth bag to the supey the other day. I put a bottle of milk in… which fell straight through the bag. I had to buy another bag.

Yesterday when I was at Woolies they gave me a tag to hang from my rear view mirror reminding me to bring my green bags.

Krispy has been using biodegradable bags forever. Last week I asked a friend who still works there if they had gotten rid of those bags, as they are banned as well under the QLD ban. She said no one has said anything about th bags… so I guess they’re staying. They’re a thicker plastic than supermarket bags and apparently biodegradable within 2-5 years (I once researched the company who supplied them). Krispy also sell blue enviro bags for $1.50, of which 50c is donated to Make A Wish.

welcome to the future, congratulations on catching up t SA…

We’ve been dealing with the crappy replacements for SUP bags for years

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 07:11:28
ID: 1242381

I remember the time (I’m old, I can say that!) when taking your own bags to the supermarket got black looks from the cashiers. We used to do it to annoy them. Then we would use our bags sometimes and their bags sometimes because of the reuse thing for rubbish. Use theirs until our little store bag was full, then go back to ours. I’m afraid we have timed this badly. Store of disposable plastic bags is only half full.

I would like the old heavy paper bags back. I liked them.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 07:15:43
ID: 1242382

IGA are good, they have an area full of empty boxes that I usually use.
It’s much easier with a ute than a sedan though, in Jamestown, sometimes I didn’t even need to put it in the tray, just sat the box on top..

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 07:18:42
ID: 1242384

Mum was saying that in Ye olden days, you used to take a container back to the place of purchase and get it refilled. They should bring back that system if they were serious about reducing waste.

Yesterday Mr Mutant’s company gave all their employees a reusable coffee cup.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 07:24:32
ID: 1242386

Divine Angel said:

Mum was saying that in Ye olden days, you used to take a container back to the place of purchase and get it refilled. They should bring back that system if they were serious about reducing waste.

Yesterday Mr Mutant’s company gave all their employees a reusable coffee cup.

yeah, I gave my sister one of them for xn=mas, her new workplace requires they use them at work now

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 09:06:46
ID: 1242392

https://boomerangbags.org/

Mrs V contributes to this community organisation. She makes lots of bags each week from donated (off-cuts, roll-ends,etc, new) cloth and they give them away. They recently had a 40 foot container of cloth offered to them.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 09:39:28
ID: 1242400

Michael V said:

https://boomerangbags.org/

Mrs V contributes to this community organisation. She makes lots of bags each week from donated (off-cuts, roll-ends,etc, new) cloth and they give them away. They recently had a 40 foot container of cloth offered to them.

Nice. If I can find my motivation I might look into this.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 09:42:17
ID: 1242403

party_pants said:

I think that ‘forgetting’ thing will change though. I have mine in the car permanently and I have forgotten to bring them into the shop on more than one occasion.. “No worries, I’ll just use the plastic ones” I think. But if the plastic ones are not an alternative, the mindset will change to ‘I have to’.. I will become routine. It will take time though.

People will think of all sorts fo excuses as to how ‘inconvenient’ this is, but a giant leap begins with a small step, so I endorse this move. I hope it will follow with other types of packaging

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 10:13:35
ID: 1242406

What about the popular secondary use of the bags as bin liners, people are now going to have to buy a lot more of them instead of reusing the ones you get groceries packed in and the problem may continue.

When they mean litter are they bags that just blow around the environment as people as careless or are they directly related to bin use.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 10:17:36
ID: 1242407

i use the polypropylene ones. will get far more than 11 uses from them, in fact had that already.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 10:17:46
ID: 1242408

PermeateFree said:

>>For any states still able to get their hands on single-use shopping bags, the party comes to an end today in Woolworths, and on July 1 in Coles and IGA stores nationwide.

Also on July 1, Queensland and Western Australia will be joining the Northern Territory, the ACT, Tasmania and South Australia in a total statewide ban on the bags.

So with the writing on the wall, we can either pay for heavy-duty plastic bags, or start bringing our own.<<

I went to Wollies today and they were selling hundreds of green re-usable bags, clearly Wollies were making good profits, but is it just a scam to extract more money from the consumer?

I can see the use of the ban. In a word – wind. It would be predominantly wind-blown bags that end up in the environment. Heavier bags would be less blown about (and less likely to be blown off rubbish dumps) by the wind.

What’s the exact wording of the legislation?

What is its definition of a “single use shopping bag”?
Does it apply to corner shops, Op shops, clothing stores, $2 shops etc.?
Is the ban inclusive of the reuse of single-use plastic bags that have been donated to the store? We donate our excess single-use shopping bags to the Op shop and corner store.

> You’ll need to reuse a heavy-duty bag at least four times to recoup the extra energy needed to make it, according to a British life-cycle assessment of the comparative energy costs of different bag materials.

Four times isn’t much, but given that a majority of single use bags are used twice (eg. as bin liners) that then becomes eight times. That’s pushing the lifetime of the 15 cent bags isn’t it? For a reusable green bag, would that mean that it has to be used (100/15*8=) 50 times? Not according to the article, just 11 times two equals 22 times. But again starting to push the lifetime of the bag.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 10:24:54
ID: 1242409

What we need is bags that break down immediately upon being exposed to directed UV light.
We could also have proper clean up Australia days on a regular basis, litter in local suburbs (mine at least) is quite bad and shows the I don’t care attitude. It could even have a recycle reward, every kilogram of waste gets you some money.
Plus as I mentioned before why doesn’t community service given to criminals include rubbish cleaning, that part of the sentence is the punishment part (it doesn’t have to be all touchy feel good)

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 10:27:15
ID: 1242412

I think the problem is not only the bag as a whole, which is an issue if they get into waterways (won’t someone thing of the turtles!) but the particles they break down into that don’t ‘just disappear’ but also get into waterways and become fish food.. that humans then consume.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 10:39:17
ID: 1242415

Is this the Victorian legislation? http://www.legislation.vic.gov.au/domino/Web_Notes/LDMS/PubPDocs_Arch.nsf/5da7442d8f61e92bca256de50013d008/ca257cca00177a46ca257fd9007c863e/$FILE/581PM12bi1.DOCX

Environment Protection Amendment (Banning Plastic Bags, Packaging and Microbeads) Bill, 2016

A Bill for an Act to amend the Environment Protection Act 1970 to restrict the supply and sale of plastic bags and plastic and polystyrene packaging and to prohibit the supply and sale of plastic microbeads and for other purposes.

(1) This Act (except sections 5, 6 and 7) comes into operation on 1 March 2017.
(2) Sections 5, 6 and 7 come into operation on 1 September 2017.

(Um, so that includes the plastic bags in cornflakes packets and hundreds of other products, doesn’t it? Includes bubble wrap in padded postbags? Definitely includes foam packing of refrigerators and packaging of meat).

(That definitely includes single use bags donated to Op shops).

(Then how the fuck …?)

Or do I have the wrong legislation?

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 11:13:29
ID: 1242420

mollwollfumble said:

PermeateFree said:

I can see the use of the ban. In a word – wind. It would be predominantly wind-blown bags that end up in the environment. Heavier bags would be less blown about (and less likely to be blown off rubbish dumps) by the wind.

Is the ban inclusive of the reuse of single-use plastic bags that have been donated to the store? We donate our excess single-use shopping bags to the Op shop and corner store.

> You’ll need to reuse a heavy-duty bag at least four times to recoup the extra energy needed to make it, according to a British life-cycle assessment of the comparative energy costs of different bag materials.

Four times isn’t much, but given that a majority of single use bags are used twice (eg. as bin liners) that then becomes eight times. That’s pushing the lifetime of the 15 cent bags isn’t it? For a reusable green bag, would that mean that it has to be used (100/15*8=) 50 times? Not according to the article, just 11 times two equals 22 times. But again starting to push the lifetime of the bag.

Agreed.

In so far as this reduces waste, it’s a good thing, but there will still be a huge amount of waste plastic in the system, so if the main problem is bags getting into waterways, waste management procedures need to be changed to ensure that they don’t get into waterways.

How come the meeja don’t talk about that?

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 11:28:39
ID: 1242423

mollwollfumble said:

PermeateFree said:

“Single use” bag is anything 35 microns or thinner, plus so-called biodegradable bags no matter the thickness. The ban applies to all stores, at least in Qld. The ban does not include nappy bags (ie, bags to put soiled diapers in), dog poo bags, fruit and veg bags, bin liners or garbage bags (I don’t know the difference between a bin liner and a garbage bag).

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 11:28:43
ID: 1242424

The Rev Dodgson said:

mollwollfumble said:

PermeateFree said:

Agreed.

In so far as this reduces waste, it’s a good thing, but there will still be a huge amount of waste plastic in the system, so if the main problem is bags getting into waterways, waste management procedures need to be changed to ensure that they don’t get into waterways.

If I read this legislation correctly, it includes a ban of all waterproof packaging other than bottles, tins and tubs.

That amounts to a statewide ban on – among hundreds of other things:

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 11:29:39
ID: 1242425

The Rev Dodgson said:

mollwollfumble said:

PermeateFree said:

Agreed.

Why aren’t job created to clean up waterways (assuming they aren’t already)
Would people do rubbish cleaning at a minimum wage pay rate or rather be unemployed, not something you could generalise I suppose, but lots of work cleaning up the environment without the need for specialised skills

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 11:31:06
ID: 1242426

mollwollfumble said:

If I read this legislation correctly, it includes a ban of all waterproof packaging other than bottles, tins and tubs.

• breakfast cereal
  • sliced bread
  • HTT milk
  • cooled supermarket meat (including devon)
  • lollies
  • crisps
  • toilet paper
  • tissues
  • garbage bags
  • nuts
  • soup

Those things are exempt from the ban.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 11:34:25
ID: 1242428

Divine Angel said:

mollwollfumble said:

• breakfast cereal
  • sliced bread
  • HTT milk
  • cooled supermarket meat (including devon)
  • lollies
  • crisps
  • toilet paper
  • tissues
  • garbage bags
  • nuts
  • soup

Those things are exempt from the ban.

Thanks, that’s a relief. Do you have a reference for that 35 microns, and exempt categories?

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 11:36:56
ID: 1242429

Have fun, moll

http://qldbagban.com.au/about-the-ban/

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 11:37:15
ID: 1242430

“…health-related purposes…”

relax, eating because you’re hungry is health-related

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 11:41:38
ID: 1242432

I wonder, if such a ban were implemented in Canada, would they use bottles for their milk instead of plastic bags?

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 11:48:03
ID: 1242433

transition said:

“…health-related purposes…”

relax, eating because you’re hungry is health-related

or, I should say securing food is health-related

formal writing can be a funny business, i’m sure the legislator wigs thought about it anyway.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 12:01:43
ID: 1242441

Divine Angel said:

Have fun, moll

I like your legislation, DA.

> Less than 35 microns

Do bags from clothing stores fit that description?

> degradable bags

So they’re banning biodegradable bags. :-( Oh well, they were never very popular anyway.

> Only includes bags with handles.

That’s surprising, but OK. Do bags from $2 shops have handles? I think not, though they’re certainly less than 35 microns.

> bags that are integral to a product’s packaging.

Whew.

> A retailer must not give a banned plastic shopping bag to a person to use to carry goods the retailer sells from the retailer’s premises.

That definitely includes Op shops and other stores to whom such bags are donated. Not a huge problem. People can donate thicker bags.

> waste management service providers to ensure empty beverage containers collected through general waste services are recycled by providing for recovery amounts to be paid for containers sent for recycling.

That’s startling. I like it. Expensive but worth the cost.

> bans beverages sold in unregistered containers.

That means no polystyrene cups? If so, then very good. Does it mean no plastic cups? Could it be seen as an attempt to restrict import of beverages made overseas?

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 12:03:48
ID: 1242442

mollwollfumble said:

Divine Angel said:

Have fun, moll

I like your legislation, DA.

> Less than 35 microns

Do bags from clothing stores fit that description?

> degradable bags

So they’re banning biodegradable bags. :-( Oh well, they were never very popular anyway.

> Only includes bags with handles.

That’s surprising, but OK. Do bags from $2 shops have handles? I think not, though they’re certainly less than 35 microns.

> bags that are integral to a product’s packaging.

Whew.

> A retailer must not give a banned plastic shopping bag to a person to use to carry goods the retailer sells from the retailer’s premises.

That definitely includes Op shops and other stores to whom such bags are donated. Not a huge problem. People can donate thicker bags.

> waste management service providers to ensure empty beverage containers collected through general waste services are recycled by providing for recovery amounts to be paid for containers sent for recycling.

That’s startling. I like it. Expensive but worth the cost.

> bans beverages sold in unregistered containers.

That means no polystyrene cups? If so, then very good. Does it mean no plastic cups? Could it be seen as an attempt to restrict import of beverages made overseas?

Disposable coffee cups should be next

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 12:10:28
ID: 1242446

Cymek said:

I think they’re already included in the second part of this legislation.

See part 3B of the legislation that DA linked to.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 12:15:17
ID: 1242451

mollwollfumble said:

Cymek said:

I wonder how plastic waste can be repurposed with some effort and ingenuity, could it be melted down, combined together and used in moulds for furniture, floor surfaces, etc for example

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 12:23:24
ID: 1242452

Cymek said:

mollwollfumble said:

Cymek said:

I wonder how plastic waste can be repurposed with some effort and ingenuity, could it be melted down, combined together and used in moulds for furniture, floor surfaces, etc for example

There was a “global village” episode that talked about that being done in Africa.

An enterprising family bought plastic shopping bags that had been collected from the local dump. They melted them down and combined them with sand in what was essentially a concrete mixer to make plastic+sand tiles which they sold as roofing and floor tiles.

There was one small problem with the operation – not the economics, that was good. The problem was the chlorine in the PVC caused the whole operation to stink. You couldn’t get away with it in Australia without some sort of exhaust gas scrubber.

Other plastics are recycled into furniture and floor surfaces in Australia.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 12:25:52
ID: 1242454

mollwollfumble said:

Cymek said:

mollwollfumble said:

There was a “global village” episode that talked about that being done in Africa.

An enterprising family bought plastic shopping bags that had been collected from the local dump. They melted them down and combined them with sand in what was essentially a concrete mixer to make plastic+sand tiles which they sold as roofing and floor tiles.

There was one small problem with the operation – not the economics, that was good. The problem was the chlorine in the PVC caused the whole operation to stink. You couldn’t get away with it in Australia without some sort of exhaust gas scrubber.

Other plastics are recycled into furniture and floor surfaces in Australia.

That’s good then

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 12:54:13
ID: 1242475

Cymek said:

mollwollfumble said:

Cymek said:

A teenager from St Jude’s school in Tanzania won an international award recently for coming up with a method of converting discarded plastics (bags, bottles etc) into house-bricks.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 12:59:24
ID: 1242479

I just went to Woolies. They had a container of milk start to split in the selfserve checkouts and the staff immediately went to grab a plastic bag…which wasn’t there. The guys on the checkouts can’t reach the 15c bags.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 13:00:58
ID: 1242481

At Krispy people asked me for our plastic bags to vomit in for carsick passengers. Tee hee

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 13:01:33
ID: 1242482

buffy said:

I just went to Woolies. They had a container of milk start to split in the selfserve checkouts and the staff immediately went to grab a plastic bag…which wasn’t there. The guys on the checkouts can’t reach the 15c bags.

Unintended consequences, eh.

:)

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 14:44:59
ID: 1242526

Arts said:

party_pants said:

I think that ‘forgetting’ thing will change though. I have mine in the car permanently and I have forgotten to bring them into the shop on more than one occasion.. “No worries, I’ll just use the plastic ones” I think. But if the plastic ones are not an alternative, the mindset will change to ‘I have to’.. I will become routine. It will take time though.

People will think of all sorts fo excuses as to how ‘inconvenient’ this is, but a giant leap begins with a small step, so I endorse this move. I hope it will follow with other types of packaging

Shopping in the country is a bit different to shopping in the city. It is easy for city dwellers to pop down to the supermarket to get what they need. However in the country people usually live a long way from the shops and consequently go less often and when they do, purchase much more. I commonly see farm women with 2 large sized trolleys full of groceries, which would require many shopping bags, not just one or two. It will get to the situation that you will need another trolley just for the bags.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 14:47:29
ID: 1242530

PermeateFree said:

Arts said:

party_pants said:

Shopping in the country is a bit different to shopping in the city. It is easy for city dwellers to pop down to the supermarket to get what they need. However in the country people usually live a long way from the shops and consequently go less often and when they do, purchase much more. I commonly see farm women with 2 large sized trolleys full of groceries, which would require many shopping bags, not just one or two. It will get to the situation that you will need another trolley just for the bags.

You could I suppose fit out your boot with some containers and put the shopping directly into them from the trolley which most of the items are loose

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 14:55:17
ID: 1242532

I don’t get that. Are you saying that you will need a trolley from your car to the supermarket to carry enough bags to carry back two trolleys worth of stuff? If that’s what you think I reckon you might be off your trolley.

Solution. Stuff five or ten bags into bag, take into shops, take two bags, one in each hand, that’s 12 to 22 bags. At a guess.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 14:55:42
ID: 1242533

PermeateFree said:

Arts said:

party_pants said:

you can fold up the bags and put them inside another bag.

My niece and her husband used to shop like that in Broome when they lived remote. They would fill one trolley, husband would go to checkout and start packing it all in the car, while she grabbed a second trolley and kept on shopping.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 14:57:56
ID: 1242534

AwesomeO said:

I don’t get that. Are you saying that you will need a trolley from your car to the supermarket to carry enough bags to carry back two trolleys worth of stuff? If that’s what you think I reckon you might be off your trolley.

Solution. Stuff five or ten bags into bag, take into shops, take two bags, one in each hand, that’s 12 to 22 bags. At a guess.

The cloth bags with the base in them hold quite a bit of shopping probably twice or more as much as plastic bag, lots of tins and jars can be double stacked, possible fit twenty of so may get heavyish

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 14:58:18
ID: 1242536

I would think manoeuvring two trolleys out into the car park a bigger imbuggerance than carrying enough bags to fill two trolleys into the supermarket.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 15:01:24
ID: 1242538

AwesomeO said:

I would think manoeuvring two trolleys out into the car park a bigger imbuggerance than carrying enough bags to fill two trolleys into the supermarket.

Yeah.

Even first world problems have simple solutions, if you have so many bags to take into the supermarket that you can’t carry them all then grab an empty trolley in the car park and load your empty bags in it. It’s not rocket surgery.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 15:07:03
ID: 1242540

Cymek said:

PermeateFree said:

Arts said:

You could I suppose fit out your boot with some containers and put the shopping directly into them from the trolley which most of the items are loose

That’s what I did, no bags at all.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 15:10:48
ID: 1242542

AwesomeO said:

Having a number of empty bags in your trolley and trying to make room for food is not easy. You might be able to stuff 10 thin plastic bags into another, but the thicker bags, especially if they are not new take up considerably more room.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 15:14:14
ID: 1242543

PermeateFree said:

AwesomeO said:

Having a number of empty bags in your trolley and trying to make room for food is not easy. You might be able to stuff 10 thin plastic bags into another, but the thicker bags, especially if they are not new take up considerably more room.

I am sure that the farmers wives will overcome and adapt. I can’t see a problem myself. If they can manage two trolleys out they can manage empty bags in.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 15:14:29
ID: 1242544

party_pants said:

PermeateFree said:

Arts said:

My niece and her husband used to shop like that in Broome when they lived remote. They would fill one trolley, husband would go to checkout and start packing it all in the car, while she grabbed a second trolley and kept on shopping.

I am not saying it can’t be done, just a bloody nuisance and one where the environmental advantages are highly questionable.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 15:16:37
ID: 1242546

You can also get trolley bags to put your shopping in to take straight from trolley to car and inside. Or if you go to Aldi, Keep a laundry basket in your boot and put groceries in basket, carry to house.

If you get online shopping, Woolies now offers crates or 15c bags to bring your shopping in.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 15:24:59
ID: 1242549

PermeateFree said:

party_pants said:

PermeateFree said:

I am not saying it can’t be done, just a bloody nuisance and one where the environmental advantages are highly questionable.

so, it can be done, may just be an attitude change.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 15:25:32
ID: 1242550

AwesomeO said:

PermeateFree said:

AwesomeO said:

I am sure that the farmers wives will overcome and adapt. I can’t see a problem myself. If they can manage two trolleys out they can manage empty bags in.

You miss the point, it is having all the empty bags in the trolley when you are shopping.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 15:26:14
ID: 1242551

AwesomeO said:

PermeateFree said:

AwesomeO said:

also, don’t you guys have the same trolleys as we do? there’s a little hook at the handle to put the bags on before they are filled. I stuff about ten into one bag and hang that bag on the hook while I actually shop.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 15:28:45
ID: 1242552

PermeateFree said:

AwesomeO said:

PermeateFree said:

You miss the point, it is having all the empty bags in the trolley when you are shopping.

I reckon I give farmers wives more credit than you do.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 15:29:39
ID: 1242553

Arts said:

AwesomeO said:

PermeateFree said:

also, don’t you guys have the same trolleys as we do? there’s a little hook at the handle to put the bags on before they are filled. I stuff about ten into one bag and hang that bag on the hook while I actually shop.

Sounds like you city people are spoilt, whilst us poor country folk must just battle on.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 15:30:59
ID: 1242554

PermeateFree said:

Arts said:

AwesomeO said:

Sounds like you city people are spoilt, whilst us poor country folk must just battle on.

tsk tsk.. you guys are made of tough stock.. I’m sure you’ll manage. But even if it all comes crashing down around you and country folk have to go back to using plastic, the city people should not.. because any type of reduction is better than none at all.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 15:31:07
ID: 1242555

Arts said:

AwesomeO said:

PermeateFree said:

Or you can stuff them into the kiddies bit, or fill the first of your two trolleys whilst having the bags in the empty one, or fill the trolley front first then put the bags on top and fill the rear.

Permeate has an objection to this policy and has introduced a ridiculous objection…won’t anyone think of the farmers wives?

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 15:32:02
ID: 1242556

AwesomeO said:

PermeateFree said:

AwesomeO said:

I reckon I give farmers wives more credit than you do.

What’s the matter with you curve, just looking for trouble as usual. I never said these things could not be done just an inconvenience for a doubtful outcome.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 15:32:34
ID: 1242557

I foresaw this day coming and have been stockpiling plastic bags for about 15 years. (The integrity of the older ones is dubious.)

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 15:32:34
ID: 1242558

AwesomeO said:

Arts said:

AwesomeO said:

Or you can stuff them into the kiddies bit, or fill the first of your two trolleys whilst having the bags in the empty one, or fill the trolley front first then put the bags on top and fill the rear.

Permeate has an objection to this policy and has introduced a ridiculous objection…won’t anyone think of the farmers wives?

I’m a little confused as to why PF is against this idea… being the environmentally conscious person he says he is

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 15:33:12
ID: 1242559

Ian said:

I foresaw this day coming and have been stockpiling plastic bags for about 15 years. (The integrity of the older ones is dubious.)

don’t use the older ones to pick up dog poo… probably

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 15:33:41
ID: 1242560

AwesomeO said:

Arts said:

AwesomeO said:

It could be a question on the next series of Farmer Wants a Wife: what is your strategy for supermarket shopping without plastic bags?

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 15:34:32
ID: 1242561

Arts said:

PermeateFree said:

Arts said:

tsk tsk.. you guys are made of tough stock.. I’m sure you’ll manage. But even if it all comes crashing down around you and country folk have to go back to using plastic, the city people should not.. because any type of reduction is better than none at all.

I don’t know where all the plastic bag enter the environment, certainly not where I go. I think most would be around the city or highly populated areas.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 15:34:34
ID: 1242562

Arts said:

Ian said:

don’t use the older ones to pick up dog poo… probably

I never pick up dog poo.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 15:36:11
ID: 1242563

Arts said:

AwesomeO said:

Arts said:

I’m a little confused as to why PF is against this idea… being the environmentally conscious person he says he is

Because it doesn’t go far enough. It is only about less bags ending up as litter, it does not address the energy consumption issues that go into making the alternative thicker and stronger reusable bags.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 15:40:44
ID: 1242564

party_pants said:

Arts said:

AwesomeO said:

Because it doesn’t go far enough. It is only about less bags ending up as litter, it does not address the energy consumption issues that go into making the alternative thicker and stronger reusable bags.

I think the bigger picture starts with a small brush stroke

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 15:42:01
ID: 1242565

Arts said:

AwesomeO said:

Arts said:

Because doing away with the light polythene bags is going to create more environmental problems. Someone said here recently that they prefer the old thick paper-bags, but these are probably the worse environmental outcome of any bags. Plastic bags represent a very minor part of the plastic pollution, all my rubbish is of plastic packaging and it is the plastic bags that hold it together.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 15:47:30
ID: 1242566

Dope is the only hope. (Hemp)

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 15:54:56
ID: 1242569

PermeateFree said:

Arts said:

AwesomeO said:

Because doing away with the light polythene bags is going to create more environmental problems. Someone said here recently that they prefer the old thick paper-bags, but these are probably the worse environmental outcome of any bags. Plastic bags represent a very minor part of the plastic pollution, all my rubbish is of plastic packaging and it is the plastic bags that hold it together.

I agree that paper is worse environmentally, I still maintain that a small step is better than none at all. Also agree about plastic bottle consumption (drinks and products) and would like to see a huge reduction in these .. but am willing and hopeful that an awareness of one lot of change will transpose to another. I saw a bar form of shampoo and conditioner the other day.. that’s pretty inventive… no plastic bottle to store it in and the bar disappears. This whole thing has made me rethink the use of plastic and I like to think I was already somewhat conscious of the issue.. but I am now looking at all the things that are in plastic and thinking of alternatives (like the shampoo bar) .. so starting a mindset change is a good step, however small

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 15:55:24
ID: 1242570

Arts said:

PermeateFree said:

Arts said:

I agree that paper is worse environmentally, I still maintain that a small step is better than none at all. Also agree about plastic bottle consumption (drinks and products) and would like to see a huge reduction in these .. but am willing and hopeful that an awareness of one lot of change will transpose to another. I saw a bar form of shampoo and conditioner the other day.. that’s pretty inventive… no plastic bottle to store it in and the bar disappears. This whole thing has made me rethink the use of plastic and I like to think I was already somewhat conscious of the issue.. but I am now looking at all the things that are in plastic and thinking of alternatives (like the shampoo bar) .. so starting a mindset change is a good step, however small

of course, if all this ends up a bandaid thing, it’s fucked

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:01:12
ID: 1242573

Arts said:

PermeateFree said:

Arts said:

I presume you were not one of the people who discard their rubbish, but unfortunately the people that do are still out there and will carry-on regardless. The real job is to tackle the people that cause the trouble, if you can do that I will give you full credit, but to just ban polybags is not going to do it.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:03:18
ID: 1242574

Arts said:

PermeateFree said:

Arts said:

Why is paper worse environmentally?

Not disagreeing, I don’t know, but it isn’t obvious to me that paper is worse than plastic.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:04:37
ID: 1242575

I was wondering what to about liners for the kitchen tidy after July 01.

Then, i realised that there’s going to be no reduction in the junk mail that supermarkets have delivered to our letterbox – it could even increase.

Bin-lining problem solved. Thanks Woollies, thanks Coles.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:07:08
ID: 1242576

Arts said:

Arts said:

PermeateFree said:

Banning polybags was the easiest thing to do as the retailers will not only save money, but make it too on bag sales. It is also easy to sell to the public to say all the marine animals are eating them, yet most of the plastics they eat are not polybags. It is a highly deceptive promotion by pseudo-conservationists that for social reasons think it will make them look good.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:08:00
ID: 1242577

The Rev Dodgson said:

Arts said:

PermeateFree said:

Not disagreeing, I don’t know, but it isn’t obvious to me that paper is worse than plastic.

paper manufacture is more resource intensive than plastic, paper is one use on the whole, while plastic bags are reused more by consumers. Because paper is thicker there is more tonnage to plastic, actually creating more waste and resulting decomp emissions. and trees, with tons of living thing in them…

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:10:29
ID: 1242579

The Rev Dodgson said:

Arts said:

PermeateFree said:

The cost of making the paper-bag, First you need to get the trees, transport them to where they can processed. When in paper form it needs to go through several machines to make the bag. All these operations use energy that is building co2 levels in the atmosphere.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:10:35
ID: 1242580

Arts said:

The Rev Dodgson said:

Arts said:

paper manufacture is more resource intensive than plastic, paper is one use on the whole, while plastic bags are reused more by consumers. Because paper is thicker there is more tonnage to plastic, actually creating more waste and resulting decomp emissions. and trees, with tons of living thing in them…

plantation timber. and there is not much wildlife in a pine plantation.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:12:47
ID: 1242581

ChrispenEvan said:

Arts said:

The Rev Dodgson said:

Cockatoos like them.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:12:57
ID: 1242582

PermeateFree said:

Arts said:

Arts said:

Banning polybags was the easiest thing to do as the retailers will not only save money, but make it too on bag sales. It is also easy to sell to the public to say all the marine animals are eating them, yet most of the plastics they eat are not polybags. It is a highly deceptive promotion by pseudo-conservationists that for social reasons think it will make them look good.

here we go…

big business
profit
conspiracy
sheeple
tokenism
no true Scotsman

tinfoil hat stuff.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:13:09
ID: 1242583

ChrispenEvan said:

Arts said:

The Rev Dodgson said:

plus most of the product in paper bags, cardboard, newsprint, etc is recycled paper. very little is new fibre. you need some new fibre because you need the length to give the product some strength.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:15:22
ID: 1242584

ChrispenEvan said:

Arts said:

The Rev Dodgson said:

Also waste paper can either be buried as a form of carbon sequestration, or collect and use emitted methane.

I don’t know how that works out relative to the costs though.

If we had a CO2 emission price we could let the market sort it out, but it seems the current government prefers central government control of these things.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:16:09
ID: 1242585

So, what’s the legislation in states other than Qld?

Best info I can find is wikipedia.

Qld & WA on 1 July this year.
SA, NT, ACT, Tas have all had it since at least 2013.

Vic info is contradictory. I gather it’s to be implemented at an unknown date later this year, but it could have already have been implemented? The draconian Vic legislation I quoted earlier was scheduled for last year.

NSW not banned.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:16:44
ID: 1242586

party_pants said:

PermeateFree said:

Arts said:

here we go…

big business
profit
conspiracy
sheeple
tokenism
no true Scotsman

tinfoil hat stuff.

Conservation involves many things and rarely includes socialites sitting around sipping their lattes.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:17:01
ID: 1242587

ChrispenEvan said:

Arts said:

The Rev Dodgson said:

O’RLY? beside the destruction of ‘natural habitat’…
https://rirdc.infoservices.com.au/downloads/05-128.pdf

Results/Key findings
Many studies of the biota of Australian conifer (Pinus) plantations have been completed in the past 30
years. In comparison there have been far fewer investigations of eucalypt plantations. However the
work completed to date has demonstrated that:
(1) Although some species are rare or absent from plantations, these areas are not biological deserts.
(2) The assemblage of native species that inhabit plantation landscapes will be different to that which
occurs in landscapes dominated by large areas of grazing land.
(3) Remnant native vegetation within the boundaries of plantations is valuable for many species of
native animals ranging from invertebrates to mammals.
(4) More species occur in parts of plantation landscapes that contain remnant vegetation than in
plantation monocultures.
(5) The size and shape of patches of remnant vegetation within plantations can have an important
influence on which species can persist in such landscapes. However, even relatively small patches
(including individual paddock trees) can be useful for some species of native fauna.
(6) Stands of plantation trees adjacent to patches of remnant native vegetation support more species
than more isolated stands of plantation trees.
(7) Riparian areas can be particularly valuable for wildlife and may act as dispersal routes for some
taxa.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:18:42
ID: 1242588

Waste paper is the USA’s biggest export.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:19:20
ID: 1242589

PermeateFree said:

party_pants said:

PermeateFree said:

here we go…

big business
profit
conspiracy
sheeple
tokenism
no true Scotsman

tinfoil hat stuff.

Conservation involves many things and rarely includes socialites sitting around sipping their lattes.

I’m more your outer-suburbs dumbarse bogan than your inner city latte sipping type.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:19:55
ID: 1242590

Arts said:

ChrispenEvan said:

Arts said:

Results/Key findings
Many studies of the biota of Australian conifer (Pinus) plantations have been completed in the past 30
years. In comparison there have been far fewer investigations of eucalypt plantations. However the
(1) Although some species are rare or absent from plantations, these areas are not biological deserts.
(2) The assemblage of native species that inhabit plantation landscapes will be different to that which
(3) Remnant native vegetation within the boundaries of plantations is valuable for many species of
(4) More species occur in parts of plantation landscapes that contain remnant vegetation than in
plantation monocultures.
(5) The size and shape of patches of remnant vegetation within plantations can have an important
influence on which species can persist in such landscapes. However, even relatively small patches
(including individual paddock trees) can be useful for some species of native fauna.
(6) Stands of plantation trees adjacent to patches of remnant native vegetation support more species
(7) Riparian areas can be particularly valuable for wildlife and may act as dispersal routes for some
taxa.

Native species of wildlife are adapting or perishing. Mostly it is perishing.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:20:31
ID: 1242591

Arts said:

ChrispenEvan said:

Arts said:

Results/Key findings
plantation monocultures.
taxa.

Like i said not much wildlife in plantation stands.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:21:37
ID: 1242592

party_pants said:

PermeateFree said:

party_pants said:

here we go…

big business
profit
conspiracy
sheeple
tokenism
no true Scotsman

tinfoil hat stuff.

I’m more your outer-suburbs dumbarse bogan than your inner city latte sipping type.

Don’t worry I was not including you, I was referring to high placed socialites.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:23:35
ID: 1242594

Paper is not waterproof.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:26:09
ID: 1242595

ChrispenEvan said:

Arts said:

ChrispenEvan said:

Results/Key findings
plantation monocultures.
taxa.

yeah and what trees we destroy for the plantation. fuck em

and what is there fuck them too… stupid animals should have evolved by now anyway

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:27:45
ID: 1242596

Arts said:

ChrispenEvan said:

Arts said:

Results/Key findings
plantation monocultures.
taxa.

and what is there fuck them too… stupid animals should have evolved by now anyway

actually the main concern is using good farmland for plantations.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:32:15
ID: 1242598

ChrispenEvan said:

Arts said:

ChrispenEvan said:

Results/Key findings
plantation monocultures.
taxa.

Not conducive to most native wildlife.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:32:45
ID: 1242599

mollwollfumble said:

Paper is not waterproof.

Baking paper is.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:34:06
ID: 1242600

ChrispenEvan said:

Arts said:

ChrispenEvan said:

Most of the farmland they cleared is marginal at best. The rest now has cities on it.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:34:57
ID: 1242602

you can heat water in a paper bag over an open flame.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:35:51
ID: 1242603

ChrispenEvan said:

Arts said:

ChrispenEvan said:

yeah, we should plant trees in the desert.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:35:55
ID: 1242604

ChrispenEvan said:

Arts said:

ChrispenEvan said:

The farmers seem pretty shit at farming here (drought, oh no we’re going broke, we can’t manage…) so why not try growing wood on their land ;)

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:37:37
ID: 1242605

some of you guys really need to get some farmer friends.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:38:32
ID: 1242608

party_pants said:

ChrispenEvan said:

Arts said:

yeah, we should plant trees in the desert.

The camels wouldn’t let them live.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:39:06
ID: 1242609

ChrispenEvan said:

Haven’t tried that, but I have boiled water in a styrofoam cup over a Bunsen burner.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:39:17
ID: 1242610

ChrispenEvan said:

Dunno. They aren’t usually very smart.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:40:18
ID: 1242611

btm said:

ChrispenEvan said:

Haven’t tried that, but I have boiled water in a styrofoam cup over a Bunsen burner.

I have heated water to around 38 degrees in my bare hand!

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:41:07
ID: 1242612

roughbarked said:

ChrispenEvan said:

really?

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:42:14
ID: 1242613

ChrispenEvan said:

roughbarked said:

ChrispenEvan said:

really?

Not around here anyway.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 16:45:00
ID: 1242617

roughbarked said:

ChrispenEvan said:

roughbarked said:

really?

Not around here anyway.

One of them drove his semi straight through a giveway sign at me today. I had to take evasive action. J didn’t even try to stop and if his brakes weren’t working why was he driving his truck?

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 17:13:58
ID: 1242634

although I ticked ‘no bags’, I got six.

One for cigs/tobacco (tallyhos fine)
One for two mandarins.(all the other veg were loose in crate)
One with some small dairy in it.(cheeses, cream and sour cream)
One with deli in it.
One with freezer bits and pieces.
One with fire starters and steel wool.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 17:40:20
ID: 1242638

Andrew Bolt claims using reusable will be ‘a hassle’. I never knew life was so difficult for some people.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 17:42:59
ID: 1242640

Witty Rejoinder said:

Andrew Bolt claims using reusable will be ‘a hassle’. I never knew life was so difficult for some people.

*bags

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 17:44:05
ID: 1242641

Witty Rejoinder said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

*bags

Not to mention the people whinging about the bags. Geez, get a grip people.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 17:45:49
ID: 1242643

Witty Rejoinder said:

He’s a professional fuckwit.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 17:46:47
ID: 1242644

Divine Angel said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

*bags

I’m not using bags at all, so I suppose it makes far more environmentally conscientious.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 17:49:08
ID: 1242645

Bubblecar said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

He’s probably virtue signalling to some other nutjobs.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 17:49:08
ID: 1242646

PermeateFree said:

Divine Angel said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

*bags

I’m not using bags at all, so I suppose it makes far more environmentally conscientious.

Nothing wrong with using sturdy bags to carry things in. People have been doing it since the dawn of time.

Reusable bags are your friends.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 17:49:47
ID: 1242647

Bubblecar said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

Hahahahahahahaha!

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 17:50:56
ID: 1242648

Bubblecar said:

PermeateFree said:

Divine Angel said:

Nothing wrong with using sturdy bags to carry things in. People have been doing it since the dawn of time.

Reusable bags are your friends.

Any bag that you use has an environmental downside.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 17:51:00
ID: 1242649

PermeateFree said:

Divine Angel said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

*bags

Do you drive your car down the aisles chucking stuff in the backseat as you go?

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 17:53:05
ID: 1242650

Witty Rejoinder said:

PermeateFree said:

Divine Angel said:

No I load the items back into the trolley to take to my vehicle.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 17:56:00
ID: 1242653

PermeateFree said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

PermeateFree said:

So, driving a vehicle to the shops makes you more “environmentally conscientious” than someone like me who walks to the shops and carries his shopping home in reusable bags?

I DON’T THINK SO

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 17:58:04
ID: 1242657

Bubblecar said:

PermeateFree said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

So, driving a vehicle to the shops makes you more “environmentally conscientious” than someone like me who walks to the shops and carries his shopping home in reusable bags?

I DON’T THINK SO

Not everyone can live next door to a supermarket.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 18:14:50
ID: 1242681

Bubblecar said:

PermeateFree said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

I DON’T THINK SO

Better me driving to the shops than you having forests cut down to keep you in toilet paper.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 18:43:43
ID: 1242690

PermeateFree said:

Bubblecar said:

PermeateFree said:

I DON’T THINK SO

Better me driving to the shops than you having forests cut down to keep you in toilet paper.

Do you have some other enviro-friendly alternative to toilet paper?

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 18:45:55
ID: 1242691

party_pants said:

PermeateFree said:

Bubblecar said:

I DON’T THINK SO

in days of old when knights were bold and paper not invented they wiped their bum on the leaf of the gum and had to be contented.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 18:48:36
ID: 1242692

party_pants said:

Like all environmentalists he wipes his bum with some leaves and his tears.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 18:50:53
ID: 1242693

Witty Rejoinder said:

party_pants said:

No you use a bidet, don’t you have one?

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 18:51:06
ID: 1242694

ChrispenEvan said:

party_pants said:

PermeateFree said:

in days of old when knights were bold and paper not invented they wiped their bum on the leaf of the gum and had to be contented.

It’s not easy being green.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 18:54:01
ID: 1242695

PermeateFree said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

party_pants said:

It would use hundreds of litres of extra water per year, which in my case probably comes from desal.

Reply Quote

Date: 21/06/2018 18:55:46
ID: 1242697

party_pants said:

PermeateFree said:

Witty Rejoinder said:

It would use hundreds of litres of extra water per year, which in my case probably comes from desal.

Ah, so you use the old wet rag tied to a stick then.

Reply Quote

Date: 22/06/2018 11:37:55
ID: 1242920

PermeateFree said:

party_pants said:

PermeateFree said:

Ah, so you use the old wet rag tied to a stick then.

Perhaps they should promote higher fibre diets so you use less toilet paper when you wipe

Reply Quote

Date: 23/06/2018 11:35:08
ID: 1243266

Well, I haven’t noticed anything Draconian in Victoria yet. Just a lack of thin carrier bags in Woolies. When I saw the warning labels on the checkouts they looked like “out of order messages”, which held me up for a couple of seconds.

Reply Quote

Date: 30/06/2018 04:20:07
ID: 1246305

buffy said:

Spider Lily said:

buffy said:
Is this the plastic bags thread? I came across another problem at the checkout the other day. I had my own bag. But no way was I going to put the cardboard container of fried chicken into it which was leaking oil. (Yes, I know I shouldn’t buy it, but 5 pieces gives me three work lunches, when combined with some biscuits or bread). The checkout people had to fossick around in a cupboard to find something to wipe it with. And the bench it had been sitting on. I was always going to carry it separately anyway as it was hot. But I got some paper towel thrown in. In the Olden Days they would have just plonked it into a plastic bag and given it to me that way. Same thing applies to the sometimes leaky packs of mince. Not really sure what the answer is to messy stuff at the checkout.

I may have missed something here, but hasn’t Victoria been plastic bag free for a year or so now?
No. Woolies stopped on the 20th June. Coles stops this weekend, I think. we don’t have an official ban, as far as I know. It’s just the big supies that decided to do it.

Officially not until November.

This is the plastic bag ban thread.

For Victoria,
Woolies and Chemist Warehouse have stopped free plastic bags, as of about a fortnight ago.

Aldi have never had free plastic bags.
I haven’t checked other retail stores.

Where did you hear November for Victoria? Wikipedia still says – date to be announced.

Reply Quote

Date: 30/06/2018 08:31:56
ID: 1246311

It’s just a case of The Big End of Town denying hard working Australian families their right to free plastic bags.

Reply Quote

Date: 30/06/2018 08:37:06
ID: 1246313

Peak Warming Man said:

It’s just a case of The Big End of Town denying hard working Australian families their right to free plastic bags.

In that case, I’m rich in having a huge hoard of them.

Reply Quote

Date: 30/06/2018 08:44:40
ID: 1246314

buffy said:

Reply Quote

Date: 30/06/2018 08:46:31
ID: 1246315

roughbarked said:

Peak Warming Man said:

Taking this more seriously, there needs to be a census of environmental garbage.

With separate categories for urban beach, public park, kerbside and remote beach. In each state.

Where possible, track each item back to its manufacturer.

Fragments of items count as full items.

Reply Quote

Date: 30/06/2018 09:01:35
ID: 1246322

mollwollfumble said:

roughbarked said:

Peak Warming Man said:

Taking this more seriously, there needs to be a census of environmental garbage.

With separate categories for urban beach, public park, kerbside and remote beach. In each state.

I like the idea of making packaging waste the responsibility of the manufacturer, be hard, but would at least cause some innovation/changes in packaging as they tried to remain competitive and not breach legislation.

Reply Quote

Date: 30/06/2018 09:02:44
ID: 1246324

mollwollfumble said:

buffy said:

Spider Lily said:

buffy said:
Is this the plastic bags thread? I came across another problem at the checkout the other day. I had my own bag. But no way was I going to put the cardboard container of fried chicken into it which was leaking oil. (Yes, I know I shouldn’t buy it, but 5 pieces gives me three work lunches, when combined with some biscuits or bread). The checkout people had to fossick around in a cupboard to find something to wipe it with. And the bench it had been sitting on. I was always going to carry it separately anyway as it was hot. But I got some paper towel thrown in. In the Olden Days they would have just plonked it into a plastic bag and given it to me that way. Same thing applies to the sometimes leaky packs of mince. Not really sure what the answer is to messy stuff at the checkout.

I may have missed something here, but hasn’t Victoria been plastic bag free for a year or so now?
No. Woolies stopped on the 20th June. Coles stops this weekend, I think. we don’t have an official ban, as far as I know. It’s just the big supies that decided to do it.

Officially not until November.

This is the plastic bag ban thread.

For Victoria,
Woolies and Chemist Warehouse have stopped free plastic bags, as of about a fortnight ago.

Aldi have never had free plastic bags.
I haven’t checked other retail stores.

Where did you hear November for Victoria? Wikipedia still says – date to be announced.

both in SA and in Tas (which have been SUO plastic bag free for a while now, they have rolls of the bags from the fruit and veg ssections that they put meat in for you at the checkout.
I mean really other states, it’s not rocket science, if taswegiens can get the hang of it, surely anyone short of a total lobotomy can…

Reply Quote

Date: 30/06/2018 09:03:43
ID: 1246326

Off topic, but amusing.

You can calculate the population of a district accurately, within +-2%, directly from the amount of plastic thrown away. In the USA.

https://foresternetwork.com/daily/waste/a-garbage-census/

Reply Quote

Date: 30/06/2018 09:29:20
ID: 1246329

mollwollfumble said:

roughbarked said:

Peak Warming Man said:

OK.

Reply Quote

Date: 30/06/2018 09:35:22
ID: 1246332

first they took our guns, now they’ve taken our free single use plastic bags. what next? wake up sheeple!

Reply Quote

Date: 30/06/2018 09:37:49
ID: 1246334

ChrispenEvan said:

first they took our guns, now they’ve taken our free single use plastic bags. what next? wake up sheeple!

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2018 05:10:13
ID: 1246736

I should have thought of it earlier. The advent of free single use plastic bags eventually led to an enormous reduction in the presence of used condoms in the environment. How are Qld, WA, SA and Tasmania coping with the used condom problem now?

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2018 05:48:35
ID: 1246740

Back in the 70’s and early 80’s Franklins used to have a railed area in front of the checkouts. The staff filling the shelves used to toss opened cartons into the fenced area and customers used to pull out the boxes to pack there groceries into. win win situation

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2018 06:05:17
ID: 1246743

monkey skipper said:

Back in the 70’s and early 80’s Franklins used to have a railed area in front of the checkouts. The staff filling the shelves used to toss opened cartons into the fenced area and customers used to pull out the boxes to pack there groceries into. win win situation

Yeah, shithouse system, Bunnings still uses it. Last time I used one of their free cartons was 5 years ago.

Doesn’t answer my question about “used condoms”.

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2018 06:19:30
ID: 1246746

mollwollfumble said:

monkey skipper said:

Yeah, shithouse system, Bunnings still uses it. Last time I used one of their free cartons was 5 years ago.

I don’t think they are shithouse. A net search doesn’t bring up anything on condoms. I think education and wawreness programs and bins in mens and public access toiletsfor bio-hazards might be a start. Women’s toilets have bins for femine hygiene products and bot genders have the needle bins usually these days

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2018 06:21:21
ID: 1246747

monkey skipper said:

mollwollfumble said:

monkey skipper said:

edits:

I don’t think they are shithouse. A net search doesn’t bring up anything on condoms. I think education and awareness programs and bins in men’s and public access toilets for bio-hazards might be a start. Women’s toilets have bins for feminine hygiene products and both genders have the needle bins usually these days

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2018 06:56:30
ID: 1246748

monkey skipper said:

IGA still does this

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2018 06:57:57
ID: 1246749

Stumpy_seahorse said:

monkey skipper said:

IGA still does this

the one near here doesn’t .

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2018 06:58:56
ID: 1246750

mollwollfumble said:

I should have thought of it earlier. The advent of free single use plastic bags eventually led to an enormous reduction in the presence of used condoms in the environment. How are Qld, WA, SA and Tasmania coping with the used condom problem now?

ref?

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2018 07:01:59
ID: 1246751

monkey skipper said:

Stumpy_seahorse said:

monkey skipper said:

IGA still does this

must be a SA thing..

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2018 07:05:02
ID: 1246752

With regards to Molly’s query about condoms though this is an issue the WHO and the UN 2013 doc I just found discusses in the big picture , apparently the global issue of disposal risks for pharmaceutical and female/male condoms is an issue in developing nations as improper disposals may result in scavenging from landfill meaning the unsafe products ending up back in the marketplace and those health risks.

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2018 07:08:35
ID: 1246753

Male latex condom production worldwide is estimated at more
than 10 billion a year and many of these condoms
are sold in the highly regulated markets of developed
countries.

In comparison, female condoms are fairly new to the market and are produced at a much lower volume, e.g. about 35 million a year. They are marketed predominantly in developing countries, by public agencies and NGOs.
Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2018 07:15:20
ID: 1246754

4.2 Ways of disposing of condoms
Condoms for public projects are generally supplied in
cartons and gross boxes.

Male condoms are supplied in individual foil containers and female condoms may be supplied in plastic or foil containers. Therefore, the product may have the following components: • Cardboard in the cartons and inner boxes • Plastics in the foil wrapper • Aluminum in the foil wrapper • Lubricant (usually silicone fluid) • Powder on the condom • Natural rubber • Nitrile or other synthetic rubbers • Polyurethane • Small quantities of rubber processing chemicals • Various plastics from female condom retention features

New products, especially female condoms, are likely
to enter the market on an unpredictable schedule
from many different suppliers. It is impossible to
predict what materials will be used, but it is likely
that a silicone rubber or polyethylene product will
be marketed.

All product components except the cardboard are
mingled together intimately, and therefore separation
of the components is extremely difficult. ***********There is
currently no available process for doing so.*************

The plastics in a male condom pack are bonded to the aluminum
and are contaminated by the silicone fluid as is the
rubber.

Each packed male condom weighs about 3 g, and a
male condom Lot usually consists of 500,000 such
packets.

Female condom packs can weigh from 5 to
12 g each, and the Lot size can be from 10,000 up to
several hundred thousand. As with male condoms,
where the inner boxes have been coated with a plastic, it
is difficult to separate the layers in them, and such inner
boxes will probably not be suitable for paper recycling.

Although the individual components are separately
recyclable, separation can only be done by hand, and is
not practical at present.

The only exceptions may be
the cartons and inner boxes. Cardboard cartons can
be re-used or re-cycled in the same way as for other
cardboard containers.

General Landfill

As discussed previously, a landfill is the most common
form of waste disposal in most countries. Waste is
collected and taken to a designated site, where it is
tipped, and from time to time, covered with a layer of
soil. Typically, large depressions in the ground are filled.
Eventually, the site will be closed for further disposal,
and in some circumstances, it may later be developed
for industrial or residential uses.
Such sites generally accept rubbish in return for
payment on a volumetric basis. In many developing
countries some “scavenging”, in which items of value
are recovered, takes place. Therefore, it is quite possible
that dumped unused condoms could be found, and that
they may end up being sold.

If there is a significant risk of scavenging, then shredding
or compacting (in a compacting garbage truck or
stationary compactor) of the condoms may do sufficient
damage to make them unsuitable for reuse. Until the
condoms have been rendered unattractive to use, their
disposal should be kept in supervised storage. It may also
be possible to arrange for condoms dumped in landfill
to be covered immediately with other rubbish, to an
agreed depth, in order to minimize the risk of scavenging.
Specific burial

Decay may be aerobic (i.e. exposed to air) or anaerobic.
As far as condom disposal in a landfill is concerned, it
is prudent to ensure that they are buried immediately
after dumping, and thus the dominant decay processes
will probably be anaerobic.
The consequences of burial are similar to those of
burying domestic waste. The outer layer of a male
condom pack may be cellophane, polyethylene or a
similar plastic, while the inner layer will be polyethylene
or a similar material, and there will be aluminum in
between. These materials are widely found in packaging
and in landfills.

When it is buried, the average total time for complete
bio-degradation of cellulose film is two to three months
for uncoated products, and three to four months for
coated cellulose products. In lake water, the rate of biodegradation
is about double the above. The decay time
is increased by heavy metal pollution and decreased by
presence of manure.11 Polyethylene is known to take a
very long time to degrade in the environment.
The anaerobic degradation of the plastic and rubber
will ultimately result in carbon dioxide and methane (in
roughly equal quantities) as the end products. These
are major greenhouse gas contributors, and methane
is about 30 times as dangerous as the same amount
of carbon dioxide. Therefore, it is better practice to
burn methane into water and carbon dioxide than to
release it into the atmosphere. The decay mechanisms
of normal and modified polyethylene are discussed in
the following section under “incineration”.

The aluminum layer will probably be attacked by the acidic
soils in the landfills. It will react to form hydrogen gas
and solid compounds in the presence of both dilute acids
and alkalis. The silicone fluid will probably leach into the
landfill. Degradation is catalyzed by some ingredients in
the soil, but the speed of the process depends on whether
the soil is moist or not, and on the type of clay present.
In very dry soil, the de-polymerization reaction can be

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2018 07:23:38
ID: 1246755

In short there are three options according to the doc

incineration (large collections) , landfill with immediate burial (large collections), rubbish collection (small quantities only) and they are dependent upon companies complying , public awareness and access to local rubbish or commercial waste disposal service provision.

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2018 07:48:05
ID: 1246756

Stumpy_seahorse said:

monkey skipper said:

Stumpy_seahorse said:

IGA still does this

must be a SA thing..

possibly or more likely the size of the store , supermarkets have different floor plans depending on the building site but usually the demographic and population levels of where the supermarket is being built.

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2018 09:05:47
ID: 1246762

poikilotherm said:

mollwollfumble said:

roughbarked said:

I like the idea of making packaging waste the responsibility of the manufacturer, be hard, but would at least cause some innovation/changes in packaging as they tried to remain competitive and not breach legislation.

Sounds like a notion that needs exploring.

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2018 09:07:14
ID: 1246763

monkey skipper said:

In short there are three options according to the doc

incineration (large collections) , landfill with immediate burial (large collections), rubbish collection (small quantities only) and they are dependent upon companies complying , public awareness and access to local rubbish or commercial waste disposal service provision.

you can re-use condoms.

just gotta shake the fu*k out of them

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2018 09:07:33
ID: 1246764

monkey skipper said:

I lament the passing of this system at the supermarkets. Bunnings still use it.

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2018 09:09:09
ID: 1246765

monkey skipper said:

Stumpy_seahorse said:

monkey skipper said:

IGA still does this

Nor our local IGA.

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2018 09:14:52
ID: 1246767

Michael V said:

monkey skipper said:

Stumpy_seahorse said:

IGA still does this

Nor our local IGA.

This I don’t understand with the eastern states going away from using bags..
It’s not like there isn’t a successful model to follow (SA and Tas) but they seem positive on reinventing the wheel and going their own way

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2018 09:19:49
ID: 1246768

I’ve only seen the boxes at Bunnings in Warrnambool. Not seen them in supermarkets for some years. I reckon the last time was probably IGA in Warrnambool, but probably 20 years ago. I reckon it could be easily done again. And I think if you go to the fruit and veg section at our Woolies you can ask the staff for a box.

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2018 09:28:22
ID: 1246773

buffy said:

I’ve only seen the boxes at Bunnings in Warrnambool. Not seen them in supermarkets for some years. I reckon the last time was probably IGA in Warrnambool, but probably 20 years ago. I reckon it could be easily done again. And I think if you go to the fruit and veg section at our Woolies you can ask the staff for a box.

yep. at that time the options were the big brown bags or the boxes. those bags used to break depending upon the type of groceries purchased by all materials recyclable

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2018 09:30:47
ID: 1246775

buffy said:

I’ll take a picture if I remember next time I’m down there

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2018 09:32:29
ID: 1246776

our IGA has a box section just outside the front doors under the verandah with the trolleys.

Reply Quote

Date: 1/07/2018 09:33:29
ID: 1246778

ChrispenEvan said:

our IGA has a box section just outside the front doors under the verandah with the trolleys.

Perth real estate agent?

Reply Quote