Date: 23/06/2018 18:30:30
ID: 1243442
Subject: Harvard Scientists Think They've Pinpointed The Physical Source of Consciousness

Harvard Scientists Think They’ve Pinpointed The Physical Source of Consciousness

Scientists have struggled for millennia to understand human consciousness – the awareness of one’s existence. Despite advances in neuroscience, we still don’t really know where it comes from, and how it arises.

more…

Reply Quote

Date: 23/06/2018 18:38:11
ID: 1243446
Subject: re: Harvard Scientists Think They've Pinpointed The Physical Source of Consciousness

Tau.Neutrino said:

Harvard Scientists Think They’ve Pinpointed The Physical Source of Consciousness

Scientists have struggled for millennia to understand human consciousness – the awareness of one’s existence. Despite advances in neuroscience, we still don’t really know where it comes from, and how it arises.

more…

Its dated 2016 at the bottom of the article.

I wonder where they are now with this research?

Reply Quote

Date: 23/06/2018 18:59:09
ID: 1243450
Subject: re: Harvard Scientists Think They've Pinpointed The Physical Source of Consciousness

> Despite advances in neuroscience, we still don’t really know where it comes from, and how it arises.

Why not? Just look at thew brain usage of someone who has no awareness of his/her own existence.

Reply Quote

Date: 23/06/2018 19:35:08
ID: 1243457

mollwollfumble said:

> Despite advances in neuroscience, we still don’t really know where it comes from, and how it arises.

Why not? Just look at thew brain usage of someone who has no awareness of his/her own existence.

How will you know they have no awareness of their own existence?

Reply Quote

Date: 23/06/2018 19:38:34
ID: 1243458

poikilotherm said:

mollwollfumble said:

It’s an interesting question, isn’t it. How would you answer it?

Reply Quote

Date: 23/06/2018 19:54:35
ID: 1243462

mollwollfumble said:

poikilotherm said:

mollwollfumble said:

None of us can ever be truly sure of the any others awareness or lack thereof.

Reply Quote

Date: 23/06/2018 21:50:31
ID: 1243514

poikilotherm said:

mollwollfumble said:

poikilotherm said:

None of us can ever be truly sure of the any others awareness or lack thereof.

Not even if they preen themselves in a mirror?

Reply Quote

Date: 24/06/2018 01:58:11
ID: 1243583

just a flicker, but as I got to the end of that article I thought I could have been doing something else instead, but I probably was anyway, so no harm done.

Reply Quote