Date: 23/06/2018 20:17:55
ID: 1243472
Subject: Adobe is using AI to catch Photoshopped images

Adobe is using AI to catch Photoshopped images

The Photoshop creator is trying to snuff out fake photos.

more…

Reply Quote

Date: 23/06/2018 22:14:40
ID: 1243528
Subject: re: Adobe is using AI to catch Photoshopped images

Tau.Neutrino said:

Adobe is using AI to catch Photoshopped images

The Photoshop creator is trying to snuff out fake photos.

more…

Link didn’t work, assume you don’t mean AI = adobe illustrator.

Try this link

> The three techniques they’re looking for are splicing or merging parts of one image with another, cloning sections within the same image, and removing an object.

Yep. Those are the exact three to look for. Don’t need or want an AI to do it though, just an efficient search engine.

Reply Quote

Date: 23/06/2018 22:19:50
ID: 1243535

It is slightly frightening though, to ask WHY they want to spot photoshopped images. To hold the web to ransom?

Reply Quote

Date: 24/06/2018 00:12:50
ID: 1243560

mollwollfumble said:

It is slightly frightening though, to ask WHY they want to spot photoshopped images. To hold the web to ransom?

For similar reasons people want to know if a story is fake or not, whether an image is fake or not.

Advertising using digital touch ups on products that look way better than when you buy them.

Models being altered by the fashion industry to look slimmer etc?

False advertising.

Photo Manipulation: The Impact On Society & The Advertising Industry

Reply Quote

Date: 24/06/2018 00:17:58
ID: 1243564

Not just photos anymore. I saw some very convincing video of Obama saying stuff he never said in reality. Military intelligence and psyops would be across this gear. Imagine a full on operation, cripple most of the nations software, take control of the media and broadcast news reports of the president welcoming foreign troops. It doesn’t need to convince everyone,

Reply Quote

Date: 25/06/2018 13:40:03
ID: 1244196

Tau.Neutrino said:

mollwollfumble said:

For similar reasons people want to know if a story is fake or not, whether an image is fake or not.

Advertising using digital touch ups on products that look way better than when you buy them.

Models being altered by the fashion industry to look slimmer etc?

False advertising.

Photo Manipulation: The Impact On Society & The Advertising Industry

Perhaps, but what’s the monetary payoff to Adobe in this?

If it’s to develop a program to sell to military intelligence and other image manipulators then that’s good.

If it’s to get a 10% to 15% copyright payback fee from every photoshopped image on the web then that’s bad.

Reply Quote

Date: 25/06/2018 13:44:40
ID: 1244200

If you can use AI to catch photoshopped images I imagine you could do the reverse and use AI to create image that are photoshopped but are so good its almost impossible to tell. Those fake news of people talking words they never said are getting more and more realistic. An AI would be able to take into account all possible ways to fake an imagine including something like the physics of what’s happening that a person might miss

Reply Quote

Date: 25/06/2018 14:40:04
ID: 1244218

Cymek said:

If you can use AI to catch photoshopped images I imagine you could do the reverse and use AI to create image that are photoshopped but are so good its almost impossible to tell. Those fake news of people talking words they never said are getting more and more realistic. An AI would be able to take into account all possible ways to fake an imagine including something like the physics of what’s happening that a person might miss

An AI is easier to fool than a fast exhaustive search.

Can’t they just use the metadata in the image? For instance if the file comes from a scan on my computer, the metadata says “canon canon MG5700 series IJ scan utility 20” etc. If the image comes from my camera, the metadata says “nikon coolpix p600 coolpix p600 v1.1 2018” etc. Don’t tell me that Photoshop doesn’t add metadata to its images. Here we go, a 3-D anime photo I downloaded has the metadata “Adobe Photoshop CSS 1 Windows 2012:06:04 23:33:07”. Another downloaded image has metadata “Pixel Dragons Software2007” etc.

I’m not sure if their result will be good enough to tell the difference between Photoshopped images and images that have been digitally manipulated by other software such as Affinity Photo, Sketch and GIMP. If they can distinguish Photoshopped images from those images manipulated by other software (without inserting a watermark into Photoshop) then they’ll have something.

Reply Quote