Date: 13/07/2018 00:36:50
ID: 1251664
Subject: The Story of Human Origins in Africa Is Changing...

The Story of Human Origins in Africa Is Changing in a Way We Never Expected

The t-shirt representation of human evolution as a sequence of hunched primates standing tall is a popular cliché.

more…

Reply Quote

Date: 13/07/2018 00:45:49
ID: 1251668
Subject: re: The Story of Human Origins in Africa Is Changing...

Tau.Neutrino said:

The t-shirt representation of human evolution as a sequence of hunched primates standing tall is a popular cliché.

more…

Ancdote alert. When i was born and my relatives came to see, I wasn’t rolled out to the glass window.
My aunt noticed and said. “He’s not one of us, that kid is Italian”.
Turned out that sh knew because of a lablelling mishap. I told an Italian friend this story recently and added, I could have been raised a Sergi, He replied, no way, you are taller than five feet.

Reply Quote

Date: 13/07/2018 00:59:25
ID: 1251672

roughbarked said:

Tau.Neutrino said:

more…

Ancdote alert. When i was born and my relatives came to see, I wasn’t rolled out to the glass window.
My aunt noticed and said. “He’s not one of us, that kid is Italian”.
Turned out that sh knew because of a lablelling mishap. I told an Italian friend this story recently and added, I could have been raised a Sergi, He replied, no way, you are taller than five feet.

I’m not sure this has been mentioned before but it is actually quite factual. Short people with thick necks, in men. Short petite females that later become thickset.

Reply Quote

Date: 13/07/2018 09:35:06
ID: 1251697

What’s a Sergi?

Anyway, there is a very similar article in the latest New Scientist, hence my “how long have we been here” question.

Reply Quote